• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G602WjVFReE - The treasure room. Spoilers, obviously.

yo.

yooooooo.

tumblr_mlcjmyszR71qjeigjo1_500.gif

down 2 orth

I just played the strangest Salvage match. We're down by 4-5 thousand points and I'm sucking it up. One of my teammates starts knifing me. So I start punching his ass. We do this for about seven seconds then get back to the game. I get my groove back and help to bring about a comeback win. Some guy on the other team gets Icebreaker.

Sorry to hear about that, play the Witcher and forget real life :)

Thanks Ruthless! I was actually thinking about buying The Witcher 3, it looked great and all but it would be my first one. Is it a good time to hop on board even with no knowledge on the previous games?

That really sucks. I know how it feels. I had all these professors at grad school promise to help me publish this book I'm working on. Now it seems that they were mostly just self-serving phonies, and I'm having to do it all myself. Pretty enervating and depressing.

One of the great things about the gaming community is that it keeps moving forward at lightning speed even when our own lives hit snags and sputter at times. Just seeing everyone's enthusiasm for the Queen's bounties over the last week shows us how much we have to look forward to. Excited to play some Salvage with you and start up PoE after I catch a few Zzzs . . .

Thanks Wheel, also I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Those professors sound like blueberries in Salvage: not really helpful and only playing for their own K/D. Hope it works out for you. About PoE: I don't think I will do this today, I probably only have time for decrypting all the engrams and maybe complete a couple of story missions on one character. I just want to enjoy the new content the fullest, so I will spread some activities over the week instead of rushing through it. No offense to the people who finish it all on day one, I can fully understand that you want to be the highest level and want to see all the new loot.

Kyne

Can someone please reiterate/confirm?

• lvl 32 is armor core, lvl 34 is weapon core, lvl 35 is both?
  • you get to the treasure room every time you successfully run PoE, however you can only obtain 1 key per each individual level bracket run (32/34/35)
  • with the above said, if you farm for keys you can continue to play lvl 32/34/35 PoE and use your extra keys on the chest each time. So basically they gave us a way to reset the weekly loot?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I really hope HoW will be good, I'm kind of going through a stressful period right now. My internship is boring as hell but I need it to graduate, I got rejected for a PhD position that I almost was sure of and just physically not feeling well. I know I have to face it but I really can use something to take my mind off these things, so hopefully HoW can help a bit.

Sorry to hear that dude :-(

I think HoW will do a good job of taking your mind off everything.

Midas

• with the above said, if you farm for keys you can continue to play lvl 32/34/35 PoE and use your extra keys on the chest each time. So basically they gave us a way to reset the weekly loot?

I sure hope so. The key I found is pretty much useless if it doesn't work that way.

nOoblet16

I really hope HoW will be good, I'm kind of going through a stressful period right now. My internship is boring as hell but I need it to graduate, I got rejected for a PhD position that I almost was sure of and just physically not feeling well. I know I have to face it but I really can use something to take my mind off these things, so hopefully HoW can help a bit.

Sorry to hear that man, you know I'm on the same boat when I got rejected two weeks ago despite being sure that I'll get it. HoW and Witcher 3 is what you need right now, and keep applying.

My friends who are doing PhD at the moment got rejected a few times before they managed to get one, so it's usual it seems.

Let's create one. I'm down for Crota/VoG.

Lesss do dis !! We'll need checkpoints from based Drizzay and his OG reset raiders.

Who else wants in??

Wallach

• you get to the treasure room every time you successfully run PoE, however you can only obtain 1 key per each individual level bracket run (32/34/35)

A) Correct.

B) Correct.

C) Sort of - the Armor & Weapon Cores (and maybe Etheric Light?) are part of the lockout rewards like the Treasure Key. The locked chest only contains the randomized loot table rewards.

Sorry to hear that man, you know I'm on the same boat when I got rejected two weeks ago despite being sure that I'll get it. HoW and Witcher 3 is what you need right now, and keep applying.

My friends whoa re doing PhD at the moment got rejected a few times before they managed to get one, so it's usual it seems.

+1 for Witcher 3 and How Combo.

amar212

Not known if you can get a key more than once for playing Prison of Elders or not yet.

Friend just tooled me he saw "somewhere" - but he can't remember where - how Keys will drop only once per week per difficulty level.

If you want more keys, you would need to grind them as now (Wolves Bounties Locations).

If true, it is STUPID decision.

lol, I am at work also. But I think HoW unlocks in the evening anyway right?

I should be around 6:30 - 7pm (UK Time), will jump on then.

Gotta farm those keys man lol. But yeah, the fact that it unlocks late is a comfort.

I'm guessing I should be done by 7pm GMT, but if not I'll definitely hop on in after dinner.

Nuszka

Armour, weapon core and etheric light are separate weekly drops , notice how in the videos they got the armour core upon mission completion screen , then you have another 30 sec to open the chest for the chance of exotic and queens gear.

Gotta farm those keys man lol. But yeah, the fact that it unlocks late is a comfort.

I'm guessing I should be done by 7pm GMT, but if not I'll definitely hop on in after dinner.

I have one key at the moment lol, I know sleepy has one also (he might have more now).

Thats cool, I will see you guys on then hopefully.

broony

How many treasure keys have people got? I did an evening of chest grinding last night and managed 43 blue engrams, one legendary engram and 0 keys from about 30 chest openings. Feels like the search for legendary engrams in the loot cave at launch.

Sorry to hear that dude :-(

I think HoW will do a good job of taking your mind off everything.

Thanks sploatee! I think so as well, that's why I'm going to spread some of the HoW activities over the week and just enjoy the ride.

My friends whoa re doing PhD at the moment got rejected a few times before they managed to get one, so it's usual it seems.

Yeah I know, I just remembered it. It is always so shitty: they want young people who are experienced, but you can't get experienced if you're not getting a position. I know there are probably a lot of people that are better than me out there, but I shouldn't have focused on one job.

nOoblet16

Thanks sploatee! I think so as well, that's why I'm going to spread some of the HoW activities over the week and just enjoy the ride.

Yeah I know, I just remembered it. It is always so shitty: they want young people who are experienced, but you can't get experienced if you're not getting a position. I know there are probably a lot of people that are better than me out there, but I shouldn't have focused on one job.
Yea it's a mistake I did as well, focused too much on one position but at the same time I have limited options as funding for non European students are limited. I'll figure something out in the next few weeks.

Midas

Friend just tooled me he saw "somewhere" - but he can't remember where - how Keys will drop only once per week per difficulty level.

If you want more keys, you would need to grind them as now (Wolves Bounties Locations).

Isn't it a good decision? Extra chance at loot per week. For the raids, there's only one chance.

Nuszka

Just saw another video , seems like exotic drop is not guaranteed. So far what the treasure key gives us is:
- chance for exotic drop from the entire loot table
- queens guard gear , weapons (guaranteed it seems)
- strange coins
- motes of light

The entire mechanic seems good for people that don't have all the exotics or they really want the queens stuff. Personally i was hoping for etheric light to be there :(.
Edit: seems like you get an additional key from completing the story, but tbh for me right now there is no point in farming any more of those , will try to run PoE 6 times this week, and repeating it again for a very small chance of NEW exotics is something that i personally don't find enjoyable.

Thanks Ruthless! I was actually thinking about buying The Witcher 3, it looked great and all but it would be my first one. Is it a good time to hop on board even with no knowledge on the previous games?

Absolutely. You can read up on lore and characters on wiki or watch some youtube vids.

Summary? At work, so cant watch it :(

To use keys again, you have to re-do the PoE. Can't use multiple keys in the same run.

raindoc

Armour, weapon core and etheric light are separate weekly drops , notice how in the videos they got the armour core upon mission completion screen , then you have another 30 sec to open the chest for the chance of exotic and queens gear.

oh. so no PoE armor for my Treasure Keys?

I don't agree. We get nothing for re-doing nightfalls, weeklies or raids.

At least this way, if you run PoE multiple times (helping friends, etc), you have the option to get some loot at the end of it.

are we gonna have another no spoiler rule for the next few days?

granted it's not like destiny has anything major to spoil, but at least keep some key stuff tagged (no pun intended) until the rest of us have a chance to see it for the first time.

OK I'M MAPPING OUT AN AWESOME MONTAGE

Not for Hezens
Not for Vengeance
Not for Gjallahorn

But for Lord of Wolves. brb notepadding my imagination

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
are we gonna have another no spoiler rule for the next few days?

granted it's not like destiny has anything major to spoil, but at least keep some key stuff tagged (no pun intended) until the rest of us have a chance to see it for the first time.
I'd appreciate that.

I was actually thinking about buying The Witcher 3, it looked great and all but it would be my first one. Is it a good time to hop on board even with no knowledge on the previous games?

I have never played a Witcher game before (well, about ~30 minutes of Witcher 2 from Gamefly and stopped when I knew the graphics had been gimped terribly to accommodate 360 hardware limitations).

It's a little rough around the edges in the combat department (compared to, say, Bloodborne), but it looks amazing and has a living, breathing world that I can't wait to explore. The feeling of riding into the first town through boggy grasslands as the sun rises over the fens was breathtaking.

amar212

I don't agree. We get nothing for re-doing nightfalls, weeklies or raids.

At least this way, if you run PoE multiple times (helping friends, etc), you have the option to get some loot at the end of it.

Sorry, maybe I didn't word myself properly.

STUPID is the need to farm damn keys.

Current form of farming is toxic. I lost 5 exotics at Postmaster yesterday (including one Hawkmoon, one Gjalahorn and few others - all duplicates that I was keeping there) because of "package pushing" of blue engrams

I had to manually block my both consumables and materials slots to prevent space hoarding and I had to come back to tower every 20 minutes to check the Postmaster situation (unfortunately, I learned it on a hard way as explained above).

If it is true that you can get only one key to drop without farming, it is STUPID.

It is GREAT we can get keys, but it is stupid because of prerequisites to prevent side-consequences.

However, bring on the HoW!

:))

Current form of farming is toxic. I lost 5 exotics at Postmaster yesterday (including one Hawkmoon, one Gjalahorn and few others - all duplicates that I was keeping there) because of "package pushing" of blue engrams

I had to manually block my both consumables and materials slots to prevent space hoarding and I had to come back to tower every 20 minutes to check the Postmaster situation (unfortunately, I learned it on a hard way as explained above).

If it is true that you can get only one key to drop without farming, it is STUPID.

It is GREAT we can get keys, but it is stupid because of prerequisites to prevent side-consequences.

However, bring on the HoW!

:))

Yeah I know what you mean, I lost 5 keys at the postmaster.

However, this is only for now. As soon as HoW launches, you will be able to decrypt any new engrams you find while farming for keys, so losing items at postmaster will not be an issue. :)

Nuszka

The cores and rep will drop for everyone the moment one player opens the big chest.

You still have to open the chest yourself to get a roll at the exotics and queens stuff.

Yes , but some people thought that a key will allow you to receive armour, weapon core and etheric light once again.

But there isn't a need to farm the keys? You still get one per the first time you complete the activity each week. This is only for people that feel like running the challenges more than once a week and being rewarded for it. All the extra keys give you is maybe a few extra queen weapons and the possibility of an exotic and lets face it, most people that would be playing PoE over and over again are likely to have most, if not all of the exotics. Edit: And it isn't like Bungie is forcing you to farm the keys to remain competitive. You get the Etheric light and Cores as rewards for the first completion, not at chest rewards.

Ken

So is Variks' gear randomized or do the different armor pieces need different amounts of Armor Cores. Looked like you could only buy gloves with one (?) Armor Core?

Mengetsu

My real question....Is the Exotic chance like VoG or Crota's End where as only one person USUALLY but not always gets an exotic? If my friend opens it up and gets and exotic should I not even waist my key cause he got it and it means I won't get one? Or does everyone opening the chest get a chance at an exotic period opening there own chest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom