• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
My real question....Is the Exotic chance like VoG or Crota's End where as only one person USUALLY but not always gets an exotic? If my friend opens it up and gets and exotic should I not even waist my key cause he got it and it means I won't get one? Or does everyone opening the chest get a chance at an exotic period opening there own chest?

Nah it's possible to get multiple exotics. I've done crota and vog runs where multiple people get exotics, hell I've gotten 2 out of CE once.

shit top of page
8HTktwQ.png

Manp

Current form of farming is toxic. I lost 5 exotics at Postmaster yesterday (including one Hawkmoon, one Gjalahorn and few others - all duplicates that I was keeping there) because of "package pushing" of blue engrams

man you scared me to death. thank god my exotics in the postmaster are safe... my precious reserve shards :|

raindoc

So, what's the general consent on how to approach things after HoW launches.
Emptying Rahool's stock of course, but then?

Story missions -> NF -> PoE 32 (-> PoE 34)?

Kyne

I don't think it's been determined on whether the new HoW strike will be the weekly or nightfall.

cilonen

I need to turn in bounties, open reward packages, decrypt a bunch of shit, break down a bunch of the resulting garbage, ascend some exotics then figure out a weapon load out to cover most of the bases for PoE.

A good half hour of just management in there!

Pretty much, considering you need to unlock PoE via the story, and the nightfall will likely be the Shadow Thief.

Yes , but some people thought that a key will allow you to receive armour, weapon core and etheric light once again.

Nah and that is pointless because the vendor will only have one piece of armor and one weapon available every week. So with multiple cores, you would still have to wait till next week to use them.

Zakalwe

Banned
Noooo! I was hoping this was out already. Waiting for my new GPU to arrive before I start TW3, was hoping this was how I'd be spending my waiting time.

Y Bungie! :(

My real question....Is the Exotic chance like VoG or Crota's End where as only one person USUALLY but not always gets an exotic? If my friend opens it up and gets and exotic should I not even waist my key cause he got it and it means I won't get one? Or does everyone opening the chest get a chance at an exotic period opening there own chest?

6 out of 6 is very rare, best I've seen is 4 players getting exotics on the same kill. But no, exotic drop is not limited to one player in the fireteam.

amar212

man you scared me to death. thank god my exotics in the postmaster are safe... my precious reserve shards :|

You don't want to know.

Noone wants to know.

I am first that do not want to know.

Moment of realizing what happened… Man. I resolved it with my brain in 3 seconds or I would got very mad.

Thankfully, I have 80 Exotic shards and around 10 exotic duplicate gear waiting to be dismantled in Vault.

But losing Hawkmoon and Gjalahorn have some emotional impact, I have to admit. I do not care for Universal Remote and others, but although both HM and GJL would get dismantled at one point, it is sad to witness them gone.

:/

EDIT: Death, what is the plan for the reset? Do you have checkpoints to share maybe?

123rl

Is Xur still going to be selling exotics or is that changing? I'm thinking about not upgrading my exotic armour because Etheric light is so rare, and just hoping for another one to become available through Xur. It's easier to get 13 strange coins than an Etheric light

MrMuscle

So im listening to these guys http://destinytheshow.com/ and they claim you will get an Etheric Light after completing the story in HoW. So basically, finish the story with all 3 characters, move all of the etheric light over to one Guardian. Ascend 3 legendary and one exotic and boom, lvl 34.

How do you pass raid checkpoints over reset? Possible by yourself?

I want to pass a vog atheon normal because a buddy of mine is STILL looking for vision of confluence as a day 1 player. So hard to get normal vog checkpoints these days.

I think the keys are a great idea.

Imagine 3 of your friends do it while at work, you get home and ask if they want to run it with you. Now instead of, "I won't get any loot/reward" it'll be "sure, I have another key"

Mengetsu

Nah it's possible to get multiple exotics. I've done crota and vog runs where multiple people get exotics, hell I've gotten 2 out of CE once.

6 out of 6 is very rare, best I've seen is 4 players getting exotics on the same kill. But no, exotic drop is not limited to one player in the fireteam.

Ahh I see thanks. I've seen multiple people get them on VoG more than Crota but it's rare for me to see.

RemiLP

Is Xur still going to be selling exotics or is that changing? I'm thinking about not upgrading my exotic armour because Etheric light is so rare, and just hoping for another one to become available through Xur. It's easier to get 13 strange coins than an Etheric light

He is.

U upgrade exotics with exotic shards.

Langy

Aww man that suck! Was just doing what i assume was yesterdays daily story mission, the defending rasputin thing. Finished the mission and no rewards. Went back to orbit and there are no missons showing at all now. Did i just get the reset while a minute away from finishing the misson lol?

DryvBy

As excited as I am about the Witcher, I'm more excited about trying this tonight with some friends. The new content needs to be much better than the last expansion. I want to be addicted again.

Jinjo

Motherfucking Bungie, why not just release everything on reset as with TDB? Now I have my day off and nothing to do in destiny....

noomi

Good morning DGaf!

It's almost time it's almost time it's almost time!!!

Brining vita to work with me today so I can at least mess around in the reef and check out gear lol.

Also.... Really glad I didn't spend more than a couple of hours grinding those keys... Doesn't really seem worth all the effort now.

So raids have reset as usual but there is no NF / weeklies until later?

Yes.

Motherfucking Bungie, why not just release everything on reset as with TDB? Now I have my day off and nothing to do in destiny....

We've known about this a while, though. Lots of people moved their days off to tomorrow.

Good morning DGaf!

It's almost time it's almost time it's almost time!!!

Brining vita to work with me today so I can at least mess around in the reef and check out gear lol.

Also.... Really glad I didn't spend more than a couple of hours grinding those keys... Doesn't really seem worth all the effort now.

I had fun farming keys, and I have 8 to show for it. I ain't mad.

Best to release game changing content when there's lots of people in the studio. 10am pacific gives Bungie folk just enough time for morning coffee and then to hit the switch and be there in case everything breaks and shit hits the fan. All in the name of smoothness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom