• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

Motherfucking Bungie, why not just release everything on reset as with TDB? Now I have my day off and nothing to do in destiny....
You don't release something like this without anyone in the office to fix things up if there's a problem. They either were reckless for TDB, or they paid people to stay on alert during the night and they decided to stop doing that for HoW.

[EDIT] Beaten. ^^

Jinjo

Yes.

We've known about this a while, though. Lots of people moved their days off to tomorrow.

I had fun farming keys, and I have 8 to show for it. I ain't mad.

I have to ask for my days off more than a month in advance. Ah well, guess I can spend all my time on the Witcher 3 now. Will see you guys in Destiny tomorrow evening then.

I have to ask for my days off more than a month in advance. Ah well, guess I can spend all my time on the Witcher 3 now. Will see you guys in Destiny tomorrow evening then.

Aye, that's unfortunate. Yeah, my day's going to be spent playing Gwent and ploughing whores, as well.

Best to release game changing content when there's lots of people in the studio. 10am pacific gives Bungie folk just enough time for morning coffee and then to hit the switch and be there in case everything breaks and shit hits the fan. All in the name of smoothness.
Yes because bungie are always so quick on the ball at fixing issues..

(they are great at fixing them, but it takes a while)

Izuna

Banned
Funny, I managed to get like two scout rifles (one that is insane RoF with Firefly and Explosive Rounds) and many others, AR, Shotty (replacing my TTtM), Pulse, and a couple of those bad Snipers.

So many Legendaries.

BUT BREH

I picked up the Fusion Rifle. Having almost never used Fusion Rifles in Destiny before (outside of Vex) I gave it a try and ended up maxing it out. However when I did, the last node, "Icarus" is by far the best perk ever.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Izuna Lasky/video/2322496

Izuna

Banned
Screenshot-Original.png

This is what happens when I use the Icarus Fusion Rifle for the first time heh.

And this fucker right here...

Screenshot-Original.png

Do you guys think it is worth me grinding out for the Matador 64 instead? It is a very small different (I will reroll for Rangefinder and the one that gives more range etc. anyway). I'm torn on keeping mine or waiting until I get the Matador 64.

Yeah it works. I'm on xbone though.

--

Petra Venj is still in the Tower and has all 6 bounties again. Get em while they're hot.

Edit2: no days are activated, never mind, lol!

Damm I got excited there for a minute. Any NM crota runs happening? Wanna try and get the damm class item on my Warlock before HoW hits

Spy

Do we know if there's any difference between the level 32, 34, and 35 Prison of Elders treasure chest? Should I not use my keys on the lower leveled chests?

noomi

Yeah it works. I'm on xbone though.

--

Petra Venj is still in the Tower and has all 6 bounties again. Get em while they're hot.

Edit2: no days are activated, never mind, lol!

Cool, I'll grab it off someone later then, thanks for the info.

Do we know if there's any difference between the level 32, 34, and 35 Prison of Elders treasure chest? Should I not use my keys on the lower leveled chests?

I'm curious as well..... Harder challenge = better rewards right?

Spy

I'm ready. Here's what I have waiting for release...

-200ish blue House of Wolves engrams
-8 purple House of Wolves engrams
-10 Treasure Keys
-15 Passage Coins
-200 Vanguard and Crucible marks on all 3 characters
-Queen's Favor ready to be turned in on all 3 characters
-30 bounties ready to be turned in
-10 Reputation levels ready to be leveled up
-7 Cryptarch packages in the postmaster
-25,000 glimmer

Midas

I'm ready. Here's what I have waiting for release...

-200ish Blue House of Wolves engrams
-8 Legendary House of Wolves engrams
-10 Treasure Keys
-15 Passage Coins
-200 Vanguard and Crucible marks on all 3 characters
-Queen's Favor ready to be turned in on all 3 characters
-30 bounties ready to be turned in
-10 Reputation levels ready to be leveled up
-7 Cryptarch packages in the postmaster
-25,000 glimmer

But how many commendations do you have? :)

BokehKing

Banned
Is salvage still the only mode dropping loot?
Was going to half asleep play a few before work
Have the rest of the week off after tofay

Fistwell

So when is this thing coming out? I could "pre-order" the expansion yesterday eve, tried to just simply buy it this morning and I can not even find it in the store anymore, only the pass for both expansions (I already have purchased the first). And now I read here it's not out yet? What's the ETA and is there a specific thread for HoW?

Fake edit: ok so I let-me-google-that-for-you'd my own question and it's out at 10AM PT so I guess 7PM CEST... Doesn't explain why I can't seem to be able to buy HoW separately this morning but whatever, guess I can just wait to get back from work to try to figure it out...

noomi

Just saw the endgame PoE armor perks and i'm hyped as hell to get them all! ^_^

Do you have a link for this? Just got into work and i want to catch up on what I missed from last night.

Saw the treasure room just now, need MOAR!

*edit*

Do you guys think we will need to complete the story missions before going into the nightfall first? If I remember correctly that's how it was with TDB...

How good is it!!! So many things to do, it's a bit overwhelming, compared to the more linear Witcher I am used to.

It's amazing, I'm with you, it is overwhelming with what you can do in the game plus it sucks that it had to be released the same day/week as HoW. I know I would want to grind Destiny before sinking hours into any other game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom