• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Going to be playing The Witcher 3 until HoW drops. Any DGAF members playing also?

I played for a very short while yesterday (on PC), and was very impressed with how it played and performed. Seems like something I will definitely get lost in haha.

Truthfully, I probably won't actively get into it until I get through the HoW content and finish up my GTA5 play-through on PC. I can't play more than 2 games at once, it's too distracting lol.

*edit*

Top!

Just wanted to say you guys are all awesome! <3 u dgaf never change!

giphy.gif

So destiny gaf! What advice would you give me who has been out of the game for some time?
I'm level 30 with good vog weapons :)
Should I run Croat raid or?

So destiny gaf! What advice would you give me who has been out of the game for some time?

Just wait until HoW drops. All the crota stuff is about to become superfluous, as all the vendor gear has the same light level. Once you hit 32/33 you can go back to Crota just to experience it if you want.

BokehKing

Banned
Honestly, go to kingswatch if you're solo, there will be a bunch of people there on earth, farm chests and Engrams, you will get a lot. Enough to the point where you will level up your cryptarch to give you the possibility for new legendary everytime.

What is your rep for factions looking like at the moment?

Zakalwe

Banned
I wouldn't mind going if people will take a newbie, sure!

I'm definitely up for it, let's start a run request!

VoG Hardmode full run.
Leaving when we find a full group (or in 40 minutes when Zyz gets here).
Newbies welcome!
-

1. Ken
2. Zakalwe (astropoff)
3. Zyzomys
4. Silvertonguebr

Quote and add yourself.

Bradach

One of the best weapons in the game (Black hammer) is in there, so you should definitely try it. At lvl 30 you'll manage fine in there with a decent group.

I'm now more excited about opening my fat stack of engrams than I am to play any of the new content. I think I may be playing Destiny for the wrong reasons.

Welcome back!

Run Crota. It's not as good as VoG but I still find it very enjoyable. It will also drop level 32 armor and some good weapons. Then buy vendor armor to move you up to 32 and move on to HoW content.

I'm enjoying it for the most part, but I do have many gripes.

Yea for me the movement is too clunky; what are some of your gripes though?

I played for a very short while yesterday (on PC), and was very impressed with how it played and performed. Seems like something I will definitely get lost in haha.

Truthfully, I probably won't actively get into it until I get through the HoW content and finish up my GTA5 play-through on PC. I can't play more than 2 games at once, it's too distracting lol.

Understandable, I will probably do the same with grinding HoW content and playing Witcher as my secondary game. I hope your PC is powerful enough to see it in its full glory.

Deku Tree

Which vendor is going to sell Party Crasher +1?

Shotguns should not have "Final Round" btw.

That's some major crucible OP nastiness right there...

noomi

5 hours of Key farming

0 Legendaries

0 Keys

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Hey Zocano! Welcome back man, haven't seen you around for a while :)

Don't feel too bad about the keys though, from what I understand you only get an exotic chance, queens gear and some legendaries.

Zocano

It was mostly just a "oh you, destiny" reaction.

And yah, now that I have a reason to come back to this game, I'll be playing more. Gotta get that Trials of Osiris armor.

Anilusion

I'm definitely up for it, let's start a run request!

VoG Hardmode full run.
Leaving when we find a full group (or in 40 minutes when Zyz gets here).
Newbies welcome!
-

1. Ken
2. Zakalwe (astropoff)
3. Zyzomys
4. Silvertonguebr
5. Anilusion

Quote and add yourself.

I'm in! I'm pretty new to the game and super new to raiding. I've never done VoG and I have done normal Crota once.

Ken

Not in game yet. Zyz won't be here for half an hour or so. Will log in in 15 minutes

Feel free to party up now, will join you when I'm in.

Ah it'll probably be too late for me then if we're starting in half an hour. Thanks for the offer though and good luck on the drops!

I thought the update would be active when I woke up. I got up early just to find out that Santa is going to be 6 more hours.

yeah it's borderline illegal to claim the expansion will be playable come 18th of May when in Europe it's almost the 19th already when it drops! :p Should be automatically available midnight in each timezone.

cilonen

Why are people reset raiding? Don't they have a chance to drop etheric light after the patch?

Prison of Elders, Trials of Osiris and Nightfall only I think. You can't do any of the weekly strike activities yet, the symbols to access them aren't there.

Also, sorry for going to orbit raiders, I didn't know I was leader!

Zakalwe

Banned

Not that I can see.

Good to see you, dude. Join us!

Silver dropped out, so as I see it:

VoG Hardmode full run.
Newbies welcome!
-

1. Ken
2. Zakalwe (astropoff)
3. Zyzomys
4. Dhruv
5. Anilusion

Quote and add yourself.

Need one more to leave in roughly 30 mins.

Prison of Elders, Trials of Osiris and Nightfall only I think. You can't do any of the weekly strike activities yet, the symbols to access them aren't there.

Also, sorry for going to orbit raiders, I didn't know I was leader!

Not true. If true it was unannounced but almost certainly not true.

Etheric light can be had from NF, PoE 34 & 35, ToO, and IB ranks 3&5.

Not from VoG or Crota though :)
Gotcha. Just re-watched that part of the stream. They said 'end-game activities' but don't mention raids specifically so I guess not.

Zoidberg

Not that I can see.

VoG Hardmode full run.
Newbies welcome!
-

1. Ken
2. Zakalwe (astropoff)
3. Zyzomys
4. Dhruv
5. Anilusion
6. Jiza88

Quote and add yourself.

I'll go if there's room still

Not that I can see.

VoG Hardmode full run.
Newbies welcome!
-

1. Ken
2. Zakalwe (astropoff)
3. Zyzomys
4. Dhruv
5. Anilusion

Quote and add yourself.

No i'm here... :(

Ken

Not that I can see.

VoG Hardmode full run.
Newbies welcome!
-

1. Ken
2. Zakalwe (astropoff)
3. Zyzomys
4. Dhruv
5. Anilusion

Quote and add yourself.

I'll drop out since I don't think I have time to finish if we're starting in half an hour.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Pookmunki, einbear (any other folks who will be online around 8/ 9pm) fancy a raid tonight?

I was wondering whether to try Crota's End...?

But I could be swayed for a hard Vault.

Lima

Which vendor is going to sell Party Crasher +1?

Shotguns should not have "Final Round" btw.

That's some major crucible OP nastiness right there...

No vendor. The new crucible weapons that are dropping will only be obtainable through RNG. You can't buy these.

ocean

Banned
Nothing will become superfluous because of etheric light.
Still, Crota's End armor is:
- Random, you can't chose the stats or perks
- Upgrade-expensive with a lot of bubbles and material requirements
- Reliant on Radiant Shard grind for people who have not done CE often

Versus new vendor armor which is 36 Light right off the bat requiring no upgrades, has fewer bubbles and material requirements (no ascendant or radiant anythings) and let you pick from any vendor so you chose whether you want Int/Dis or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom