• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal_El

I'm still here at work going stir crazy...I did get 1 legendary shotgun from Salvage last night. The addiction is very real. I'm only on page 210 in the thread and the excitement for this DLC is more than Witcher...I don't know when i'll get around to playing it.

X-Frame

I pray they patch in bigger font options--god damn what was they thinking. How was this overlooked?

Yea man sounds good if you can make it. Do you know if you will be home and free for sure? Wouldn't want to leave without you but I know the excitement to start HoW is too high.

For sure I'm in.

Took me a good 60~70 chests opening to get one, and then I got another one two chests later.
Also, if the setup is good, you can do more than opening a same chest twice... maximum I got was 4 times, on skywatch with the chest right near the entry.

Yeah, I only got one that appeared almost right in front of me that I could have probably hit 3 times, but I flipped my sparrow during the race :[

On a side note, I hope they keep the "glitch" in or at least replace it with something similar and official. Trying to race to the chest and back is a fun mini game challenge and the most interesting use of the sparrow in the game so far beyond "Get me to the mission quicker".

I know, I lucked out with that Comedian.

But why Aggressive Ballistics? I don't have it selected in the pic. It seemed to drop the range too much compared to Accurized Ballistics which is selected.

The minor increase in Impact is worth the more significant drop in Range?

I the same roll on two. One void and one arc.

I knew I wasn't crazy for holding onto it!!!

I haven't played very much in the last few months (after a very dull night trying to set up a raid with friends and instead spending hours doing nothing). Played the Queen's Wrath bounties this weekend and some Crucible. Will there be much stuff a level 31 character can do in HoW?

Dave_6

I know, I lucked out with that Comedian.

But why Aggressive Ballistics? I don't have it selected in the pic. It seemed to drop the range too much compared to Accurized Ballistics which is selected.

The minor increase in Impact is worth the more significant drop in Range?

I still have a Comedian on my Titan but it's the vendor one and it has shit perks compared to yours :/

BokehKing

Banned
Today's nightfall should be fun, considering I have never run it before...

Wait... I'm going to have to unlock this strike in story mode first right...? (on all 3 characters?)

Today's nightfall should be fun, considering I have never run it before...

Wait... I'm going to have to unlock this strike in story mode first right...? (on all 3 characters?)

More than likely.

OG Destiny and TDB both required you to do story and quests before being able to do the new Strike and Crotas End

Impala26

AjJdQuf.jpg

Hopefully this image works.

Apologies if it's huge.

tumblr_mx75nz3OI41rk8pddo1_400.gif

Only 3.5 more hours left to enjoy having everything. From every VOG/CE item drop to all exotics and every worthwhile vendor weapon.

Noooooooooooooooo!

Who will be first to collect them all again!?

Srsly though. Do we know that the new strike is the Nightfall? It could be the weekly..

I doubt they will do two different ones when HoW launches.

They want people to buy HoW so the new strike will likely be both.

Next week we will likely see them start doing the two different ones. Today they will be greedy despite their claims they want one or the other to be available for propel without either DLC.

Only 3.5 more hours left to enjoy having everything. From every VOG/CE item drop to all exotics and every worthwhile vendor weapon.

Noooooooooooooooo!

Who will be first to collect them all again!?

Not me, knowing my luck I will get the good stuff relatively soon. But a lesser tier weapon will elude me, just like I was searching for the Monte Carlo for a long time.

Not me, knowing my luck I will get the good stuff relatively soon. But a lesser tier weapon will elude me, just like I was searching for the Monte Carlo for a long time.

Seems like it will be easier to acquire items from PoE and such.

Xur will definitely have at least 1 new weapon and 1 new armour piece this weekend too.

Started playing again on Friday night and I'm already up to 15th spot for most posts with 137.

Welp. I think I've come full circle. DESTINY AND DGAF I MISSED YOUUUU!!!!

Impala26

Yeah, I love crucible so I guess I'll just hop on and try and upgrade my gear that way! Thanks!

And is all my old gear kinda useless? Ive got an exotic helm but it only maxes out at 30 light.

The short answer is: No, old armor and weapons AREN'T going to be useless post HoW

Long answer is: Bungie has introduced a new mechanic with HoW that's called Ascension or Ascending Armor and/or Weapons. Ascending will make any old legendary or exotic weapon (whatever it's previous max damage 300, 323, 331) have a max damage of 365 and it will make all old legendary and exotic armors have a max light stat of 42 (x4 will get you to level 34). Ascending legendary weapons or armor requires a new currency called Etheric Light while ascending exotic weapons or armor requires an exotic shard.

The only question is where, how and with what frequency are we going to be able to obtain etheric light (and even exotic shards since Xur is being tweaked) once HoW drops properly.

Seems like it will be easier to acquire items from PoE and such.

Xur will definitely have at least 1 new weapon and 1 new armour piece this weekend too.

Yeah it seems like it, I'm wondering how fast lvl 34/35 PoE will be on farm status.
I'm ready to buy whatever new stuff Xur has, stacked 430+ coins in my vault.

Namikaze1

Off topic but Witcher 3 is gorgeous.

Anyway, what's your HoW's plans? Breezy, Gutz, and I will be doing story + PoE with the possibility of doing Nightfall as well.

Dear Bungie,

Your game may lack in a lot of areas. It may have terrible lag problems during Iron Banner and Crucible matches. It's grinding nature may be is terrible. The raids still remained broken in a way. Thorn is a thorn on my side. But you succeeded in the whole social aspect of the game. I met some great and wonderful people through Destiny. People like Figadapaura, Everyday Math, Toddv360, Zoba, Hawkian, Drizzay, rodiard, etc.

Aww, glad I made the list even though I've been a TLord posting slacker. Your faith shall be rewarded Mr. Nami.

Reminds me of some PvP with Drizzay, he got called a scrub for using a sniper while the other guy was using a sniper as well. By that criteria we have to add a lot of weapons to the scrub list.

lol yeah that was a good one. I completely agree with your point as well, everything is fair game and the criticism for cheesy/OP weapons belongs with Bungie alone. Nobody is a "terrbile person" for using Final Round, Thorn or anything else. I absolutely think FRound, Felwinter's and Thorn should be nerfed... but I'll use them as much as possible in the meantime, if they'll help my team.

You play to win the game. That's it.

<--- old regular

A-hoy Tyler! Good to see you posting again, it's definitely been a good long while. Lots of people coming back around today, hopefully HoW earns longer term interest than what TDB deserved.

X-Frame

Is there any reason for me to hold onto all the duplicate pieces of raid gear that are unleveled if I can get the same light level gear from vendors but WITHOUT all the upgrade bubbles?

I will be ready to start running story mode at 1 pm!

Cosmos, Bungie has said that the Nightfall and Weekly will never be the same again, and that they will never both be DLC.

Impala26

Is there any reason for me to hold onto all the duplicate pieces of raid gear that are unleveled if I can get the same light level gear from vendors but WITHOUT all the upgrade bubbles?

Only if either:
A) They have good stat rolls or good traits/talents/perks (what is the accepted colloquialism for this by the way?)
or
B) They look cool/badass to you. (It's why I've held onto Kabr's Forceful Greaves for my Titan :p)

How will ascension work with edileon ally? You cant max it without turning it into nechro

In before
Who fucking cares

LOL

Ganhyun

Really looking forward to seeing whats what with the new expansion. Got one of the new hand cannons last night. Wasn't that impressed with it actually.

Magik

Bungie really needs to something about the hand cannon / shotgun meta that is going on in the crucible. It makes crucible very frustrating to play.

Homeboyd

Where's the article saying you get etheric for completing the story? Seems odd considering they know everyone with 3 characters will get at least 1 34 on dlc launch day if true (and 3 34s if you have 3 of the same class).

How do you know how many posts you've made in a thread?

On computer, if you're on the Community threads page you can click on the number of Replies number/link. It'll pop up a list of most frequent posters, same as what you see on the Wall of Shame in the OP. (edit3: on mobile, tap Tools--> View Top Posters
I stole this from EJ
)

edit2: You have 16 replies in this OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom