• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

So I had 7 engrams from pre-HoW drops and turned them in on a character just now and all decrypted into either coins or motes. Just fyi. Appears the old stuff can't drop anymore and in return you'll either just get a mote or a coin. Can anyone else confirm?

(You'll know their the old engrams bc they're the only ones you can turn in at the moment.)

I think I have some more on a different character I can try.

HoW is that Witcher 3 anyway?

Pretty fun, the combat is kicking my ass and I hate how slow it is to level--I feel underpowered. But it is beautiful and the story seems amazing. I'm looking forward to getting better at the game and seeing the DLC they add. This is really getting me hype for their next project: Cyberpunk.

But we won...

S-sure you did, my mistake! P-p-please don't drill anything into my skull!

we won that's all that matters. :p

Yeah, I guess you guys could say, you got The Last Word

8D7EG3l.jpg

theytookourjobz

I haven't played since before Dark Below came out. What should a level 28 hunter that's never done a raid (and doesn't really want to) do next with all the new content?

Karl2177

So I had 7 engrams from pre-HoW drops and turned them in on a character just now and all decrypted into either coins or motes. Just fyi. Appears the old stuff can't drop anymore and in return you'll either just get a mote or a coin. Can anyone else confirm?

(You'll know their the old engrams bc they're the only ones you can turn in at the moment.)

I think I have some more on a different character I can try.

I got one of those suros shotguns this morning.

Bladelaw

Really interested in hearing impressions of HoW content. How's the story missions? Prison of Elders? Rep Grind? I NEED TO KNOW.

I'm working for far too long today.

Alright so Salvage is gone and looking at Destiny Reddit no other modes are dropping new legendaries. People think it was actually a glitch when they put up Salvage since none of the modes currently drop.

Key farming is untouched and is likely what I'll be doing until HoW launches. More legendary engrams and keys!!!

Also, the new Fallen lore in the new Grimoire cards is really interesting. Really looking forward to the story of HoW.

It's gonna disappoint, but I'm still looking forward to it.

noomi

Well that sucks...

Finished off the 6 bounties from Petra this morning only to find out she is no longer giving away the Queen's reward thing.

That seems very strange.... maybe after HoW hits the bounty will be back? Everyone that completed day 1 - 6 should have access to it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Really interested in hearing impressions of HoW content. How's the story missions? Prison of Elders? Rep Grind? I NEED TO KNOW.

I'm working for far too long today.

Me too. it seems that everyone's forgotten the story missions because of the new gear, upgrades and endgame stuff but I'd like a few new stories to add to the rotation.

Pretty fun, the combat is kicking my ass and I hate how slow it is to level--I feel underpowered. But it is beautiful and the story seems amazing. I'm looking forward to getting better at the game and seeing the DLC they add. This is really getting me hype for their next project: Cyberpunk.
The only thing I hate about this game. Is the tiny text.

Shito

Bah. Did the bounties on two characters and managed to hit the double chest trick for most of them, and still no keys >:|
Took me a good 60~70 chests opening to get one, and then I got another one two chests later.
Also, if the setup is good, you can do more than opening a same chest twice... maximum I got was 4 times, on skywatch with the chest right near the entry.

cilonen

I haven't played since before Dark Below came out. What should a level 28 hunter that's never done a raid (and doesn't really want to) do next with all the new content?

To be honest, we'll find out what the PvE story progression looks like in 4 hours or so when they switch it on. There's a high chance you'll get decent gear from parts of that.

I would farm Wolf Patrols on Venus (ember caves or citadel), just make sure there are other guardians about to help out and go for the treasure chests at the end of the events - there's a chance you'll get some legendary engrams from them (which the cryptarch doesn't recognise until the patch goes live) for some new HoW gear.

In the meantime I don't think there's too much worth doing between now and the patch going live unless you want to run some vanguard bounties to speed up levelling that up and getting a reward package (hold off levelling up till after the patch though!).

Anyone for 6 person Venus key farming?

I was gonna do Salvage all morning but it's gone and legendaries aren't dropping anywhere else in Crucible anymore.

Toa TAK

Banned
Also, the new Fallen lore in the new Grimoire cards is really interesting. Really looking forward to the story of HoW.

It's gonna disappoint, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Haha, that's how I feel about it.

Still, I can't help but feel pumped. I can't wait to come home after class in the morning.

Do you like PvP? With Marks doubled you will be able to outfit yourself with a lot of new gear fairly quickly and get to a level you feel comfortable trying the new 3 person Prison of Elders mode (which has mach making for the lowest level version; level 28 and no chance for exotics, but can get new legendary Queen's gear). If you don't have buddies to play with, jump on here to find some folks to help you try out the new higher level nightfalls and the level 32, 34, and 35 Prison of Elders which can get you all the new exotics and Fallen gear^^

The only thing I hate about this game. Is the tiny text.

I pray they patch in bigger font options--god damn what was they thinking. How was this overlooked?

I'll be home from work around 1eastern, want to team up?

Yea man sounds good if you can make it. Do you know if you will be home and free for sure? Wouldn't want to leave without you but I know the excitement to start HoW is too high.

theytookourjobz

Do you like PvP? With Marks doubled you will be able to outfit yourself with a lot of new gear fairly quickly and get to a level you feel comfortable trying the new 3 person Prison of Elders mode (which has mach making for the lowest level version; level 28 and no chance for exotics, but can get new legendary Queen's gear). If you don't have buddies to play with, jump on here to find some folks to help you try out the new higher level nightfalls and the level 32, 34, and 35 Prison of Elders which can get you all the new exotics and Fallen gear^^

Yeah, I love crucible so I guess I'll just hop on and try and upgrade my gear that way! Thanks!

And is all my old gear kinda useless? Ive got an exotic helm but it only maxes out at 30 light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom