• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

So who is doing the thread on the gaming forum, out of curiosity? I assume it's going up at 10?

I'm starting up my female exo Titan now. Gonna run the first 2-3 missions, then turn to HoW tonight. Gonna be a fun week.

Gala

So what is the best strategy to start into HoW?

Should I wait with everything until it is unlocked or should I do bounties or stuff before the release?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I love crucible so I guess I'll just hop on and try and upgrade my gear that way! Thanks!

And is all my old gear kinda useless? Ive got an exotic helm but it only maxes out at 30 light.
No Legendary or Exotic gear is useless now- you can upgrade that to max light if you wish to.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
for the new page.

Nothing on reddit this week about the nightfall, kinda strange.

The strikes haven't been reset yet. At least not for me. There are no icons on the left side of the screen right now to select Weekly, Nightfall or Daily.
I'm guessing one of the weekly strikes will be the new one.

Should I wait with everything until it is unlocked or should I do bounties or stuff before the release?

You can do bounties and save them for new weapons. I'm planning on upgrading my exotics first, checking out the reef a bit, then busting the story out so I can get to the NF/PoE.

I read this yesterday and found it super interesting. I love getting little glimpses into the universe like this.

I love that the Fallen are becoming almost relatable, and now the hive are earning something that resembles pity from me.

Can't wait to really get into the Vex and the Cabal especially. I be the Cabal are super interesting. To bad we wont know for another 12/13 months.

Midas

Unannounced, will be known when HoW is live. Stands to reason one or the other will be the new one.

I think I saw a reddit post from megaman or someone where the new strike was listed as Nightfall. We all, deep within our hearts, know that the new strike will be the Nightfall anyway. :)

Thanks for the nightfall info...I figure we'll have to get through the story before being able to attempt it this week.

Just a reminder - don't turn in your commendations for rep until after you get the nightfall buff.

I'm going to start with decrypting the hundreds of engrams that I got from key farming. Also, I'm going to consume commendations to rank up factions, but not sure if I should wait for the NF because it might give you bonus rep. Hopefully there will be some nice gear/weapons and depending on that I will dump all my stored 5k bounties and public event packages on those items.

PuMa

Ya'll read that new Thorn 3 Grimoire card? Good shit.

Excellent. This basically confirms all of my guesses back here.

u.2:5.4] When you speak of me, use my proper name. Tell them of the man that stands before you, not the ghost of the hero I once was.
[u.1:5.2] You will always be [REDACTED] to me.
[u.2:5.5] If you cannot let that man go, you will forever taint his legacy. All the good I have ever done will be washed away in the fire of who I have become.
[u.1:5.3] If you care, there is still some promise within you.
[u.2:5.6] If I am being honest, I care only to give hope to the frightened, huddled masses so that when I come upon them they will have more to lose. Their pain will be greater. Their screams more pure.
[u.1:5.4] You...
[u.2:5.7] Nothing dies like hope. I cherish it.
[u.1:5.5] You’re a monster.
[u.2:5.8] Finally, you see the truth.
[u.1:5.6] [REDACTED] is truly dead.
[u.2:5.9] So I’ve said. Long live Dredgen Yor.

So, Ward/Yor is talking to his Ghost, right? His Ghost is trying to bring him back to the light.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't yet understand how this upgrade process is suposed to work. I got some of the new weapons last night in salvage and the damage was 331.
Will the damage go up as the other perks level up?

dB Viper

I don't yet understand how this upgrade process is suposed to work. I got some of the new weapons last night in salvage and the damage was 331.

I think you level up the gun perks from bounties and use an etheric light to ascend it to 365. Is this right, GAF?

There will be a separate node not tied to XP for Ascension. You need an Etheric Light for it. Wont go live until HoW official release.

All non-exotics that drop will be 331 by default and will require etheric light to raise up to 365.

The etheric light is replacing the 5 damage XP bubbles.

Gala

I'm going to start with decrypting the hundreds of engrams that I got from key farming. Also, I'm going to consume commendations to rank up factions, but not sure if I should wait for the NF because it might give you bonus rep. Hopefully there will be some nice gear/weapons and depending on that I will dump all my stored 5k bounties and public event packages on those items.

Is the farming event still going on? Or can I delete Petra's bounties that I didn't finish?

I only did some farming yesterday, but at least I got an legendary helmet engram, let's hope for the best. Guess I'll finish up some bounties now with all the characters

noomi

What's the nightfall and heroic this week?

Nightfall is going to be the new strike, weekly.... not sure

The Huskies are frolicking...

l.gif

Doubt I'll play long enough to see it drop. If I get it, I'll play pvp again lol

believe!

You know how long it took me to get it..... we were the last 2!

Definitely wait to do the NF before using your Commendations, the 25% bonus does apply. You get 250 rep without NF bonus and 312 rep with the bonus.

You also get more Cryptarch rep per engram so if you can stand it you may want to wait to turn in all those engrams too. I know they are bugging the heck out of me right now though.

Shito

Is the farming event still going on? Or can I delete Petra's bounties that I didn't finish?

I only did some farming yesterday, but at least I got an legendary helmet engram, let's hope for the best. Guess I'll finish up some bounties now with all the characters
Don't delete those, I see no reason why you couldn't complete them today still.

noomi

Definitely wait to do the NF before using your Commendations, the 25% bonus does apply. You get 250 rep without NF bonus and 312 rep with the bonus.

You also get more Cryptarch rep per engram so if you can stand it you may want to wait to turn in all those engrams too. I know they are bugging the heck out of me right now though.

Damn... actually forgot about this.... good catch.

I assume this applies to the cryptarch as well? I will probably turn in all those engrams though before the NF as my inventory and postmaster are full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom