• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

Holy wow, this has to be one of the more compelling reads I have encountered with my time with Destiny regarding the lore.

The Hive have been the most mysterious faction thus far seen in the Destiny universe to me. They appear to be this aggressive, demonic, "dark magic" group and yet outside of their armor and weapons, their architecture and aesthetic is something of almost austere beauty. I'm not a huge fan of the Hive overall in design, but their "Space Gothic" architecture/aesthetic is damn amazing to me. It is this last bit that REALLY makes me wonder about them being a once powerful civilization in their own right and how they might have made a potential "deal with the devil" with the Traveler that changed them for the worse forever.

Bringing it back to the topic of worms, I only recently noticed what look like large pupae hanging on the spiraling rock formation just inside the Hive complex entrance closest to where you spawn during patrol. Also, the idea of smaller symbiotic creatures would go a long way to explaining the presence of the barnacle-like growths that appear wherever the Hive dwell. Even more interesting is that these barnacles seem to be more common in areas where the hive are attempting to establish a foothold somewhere new. Perhaps these growths actually "build" their architecture?

I also really like the speculation that each faction we've encountered has some tragic angle tied to them, and that all of them each in some way has something sympathetic tied to them (even despite the fact that they all want to wipe the floor with our blood, lol).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Thanks for the replies regarding weapon upgrades guys.
That makes sense. I watched the streams but didn't know the Etheral Light spot wasn't visible yet.

I'm so looking forward to wearing my warloCk VoG chest piece again. Love the look of it but outside of crucible I wouldn't ever bother.

I think I'm most excited about the fact that we won't all look exactly the same anymore.

Shito

Gothalion is hitting 10k viewers right now, will it break 20K?!
Meanwhile Professor Broman is a little bit other 3k: sounds right to me. ^^
Also, more viewers on Destiny than on TW3, and the difference will be even greater in a few hours...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The Xbox One NeoGaf community for this game is way too small.
I haven't played coop with anyone in weeks because everyone on my friends list bailed on the game a month ago.
Maybe some will come back.

rNilla

I don't think those are wolves!

The Huskies are frolicking...

tumblr_n25nvbPNKB1s4wbdoo1_500.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I counted 88 people playing destiny on my friends list last night at around 11. 31 on right now at 10:47AM. I sense hype

1St thing.
Unload all these stupid engrams
2nd rank up faction
3rd buy whatever gear i didnt already get
4Th find out what thus queens favor is.

Study for a couple hours

If time, start working on story missions at least, grab all of petras bounties

Definitely wait to do the NF before using your Commendations, the 25% bonus does apply. You get 250 rep without NF bonus and 312 rep with the bonus.

You also get more Cryptarch rep per engram so if you can stand it you may want to wait to turn in all those engrams too. I know they are bugging the heck out of me right now though.

Thanks Drizz, I'll wait with the commendations until I've completed the NF. 62 rep is a pretty big difference. I don't think I'll be able to hold off on decrypting those engrams though, I don't want to take any risks of losing something good at the postmaster.

Deku Tree

I hope the queens bounties change with the patch or something. Datamines said there were 23 new queens bounties. But today they are the same as last week.

Homeboyd

I haven't played coop with anyone in weeks because everyone on my friends list bailed on the game a month ago.
Yeah, what impala said.

I had 6 pages of people playing Destiny last night on xbone.

i don't get it.

wolves aren't dogs.

Does gaming side really need a fancy in-joke/reference for a thread title? I thought stuff was supposed to be simple and direct over there.

I would just call it:

Destiny House of Wolves expansion released today (feel more like an expansion this time)

Chucker

Add me. GT is Chux. I gave up on XODGAF and have a good group who are usually on nightly.

Is that an app or something? None of my Engrams have that double "I" on the graphic. Now I'm worried that none of them are for House of Wolves rolls!

Websites can detect if they are HoW engrams or not. Destiny (in game) does not display.

If the Cryptarch hasn't seen it to decode it, then it's a new <II> engram.

Holy wow, this has to be one of the more compelling reads I have encountered with my time with Destiny regarding the lore.

The Hive have been the most mysterious faction thus far seen in the Destiny universe to me. They appear to be this aggressive, demonic, "dark magic" group and yet outside of their armor and weapons, their architecture and aesthetic is something of almost austere beauty. I'm not a huge fan of the Hive overall in design, but their "Space Gothic" architecture/aesthetic is damn amazing to me. It is this last bit that REALLY makes me wonder about them being a once powerful civilization in their own right and how they might have made a potential "deal with the devil" with the Traveler that changed them for the worse forever.

Bringing it back to the topic of worms, I only recently noticed what look like large pupae hanging on the spiraling rock formation just inside the Hive complex entrance closest to where you spawn during patrol. Also, the idea of smaller symbiotic creatures would go a long way to explaining the presence of the barnacle-like growths that appear wherever the Hive dwell. Even more interesting is that these barnacles seem to be more common in areas where the hive are attempting to establish a foothold somewhere new. Perhaps these growths actually "build" their architecture?

I also really like the speculation that each faction we've encountered has some tragic angle tied to them, and that all of them each in some way has something sympathetic tied to them (even despite the fact that they all want to wipe the floor with our blood, lol).
Everything links back to the Traveler and our obsessive need for a god like figure.

Ganhyun

Start at First Post breh! :)

Almost everyone on here has been pretty active for the last several weeks.
Gotta get that HoW hype train a rollin!

Yeah, what impala said.

I had 6 pages of people playing Destiny last night on xbone.

I play on the One and the 360 as I have friends on both who play. If you see me on the One, feel free to shoot me a message. Im in that list Impala quoted.

Owensboro

Websites can detect if they are HoW engrams or not. Destiny (in game) does not display.

If the Cryptarch hasn't seen it to decode it, then it's a new <II> engram.

Neat. Which website? Now I want to see what I've got waiting for me at home after work (this is going to be the longest day ever).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom