• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that an app or something? None of my Engrams have that double "I" on the graphic. Now I'm worried that none of them are for House of Wolves rolls!
Destiny Item Manager. It's a extension for Chrome. Lets you transfer stuff between your characters and vault from anywhere.

pT2pGR5.png

spyder_ur

Neat. Which website? Now I want to see what I've got waiting for me at home after work (this is going to be the longest day ever).

Destiny Inventory Manager works - it's a Chrome extension.

Edit - the same one as right above. I guess it's Item instead of Inventory.

I know it's been heavily theorized before, but a lot of the new Fallen cards further suggest they were once with the Traveler (they refer a few times to a "Great Machine" that can save them) at the height of their civilization, and then it left and their society crumbled to what it is now (an event they reference as The Whirlwind).

Basically, it seems the Traveler provided them with all the Ether they needed (their food/life force) and now they're basically starving which is why they attack us. To regain control of the "Great Machine".

ExVicis

Lol.... what is happening.

I thought Salvage ended yesterday though?

It did. I don't know what magic this person did but I want in on it.

Also if anyone is doing VoG or CE or anything I'm you're guy, I narrowly missed being in the other groups.

noomi

So how is the new DLC, guys? Haven't touched Destiny in weeks but am legitimately curious about how HoW is/will be turning out.

We'll know in about 2 hours, but from what they've shown it's going to be very good and make a lot of guardians happy :)

Been saying for two weeks now that nothing has changed about old exotics and old legendaries. Same exact upgrade process.

Sorry, it's hard to keep this stuff straight since Bungie refuses to just flat out tell us, and instead leaves it up for interpretation through glimpses of random screenshots...

Deku Tree

Sorry, it's hard to keep this stuff straight since Bungie refuses to just flat out tell us, and instead leaves it up for interpretation through glimpses of random screenshots...

There were some videos that came out showing old exotics that had dropped from PoE that had all the same upgrade process.

CLBridges

So how is the new DLC, guys? Haven't touched Destiny in weeks but am legitimately curious about how HoW is/will be turning out.

Early impressions from those who have played some of it are real good, from what I've seen I'm looking forward to it and it seems Bungie won't be as stingy with the loot as they have been. Also, with the new event in Patrol there's even easier ways to get engrams, treasure keys etc. It hasn't released to the general public yet but I'm betting this will be an A+ DLC.

There were some videos that came out showing old exotics that had dropped from PoE that had all the same upgrade process.

Ahh. I guess that makes sense. I've been trying to avoid any videos outside of the 3 Bungie streams, in hopes of having the chance to discover some things for myself.

yeah, i thought during the very first Reef reveal, didn't Deej have a Ghorn that had the HoW upgrade path? or am i just recalling incorrectly?

Impala26

Been saying for two weeks now that nothing has changed about old exotics and old legendaries. Same exact upgrade process.

The only reason this concerns me is for people like myself who are "late-to-the-game-ers" and can't always commit to huge amounts of time each week. I don't have a mountain of Ascendant Materials in my vault, but there were a million ways till Sunday to get them. However, now post-HoW it looks like VoG will be the only reliable way of getting them (Public Events still too maybe?).

I don't have a problem with this--keeping the old weapons/armor upgrades the same--I just don't want them to suddenly become HARDER for those such as myself.

Any word if weapon/armor drops have changed for the existing raids?

noomi

So wait...

do you get a treasure key after beating each level of PoE.

Meaning you get one for level 32, then 34, and finally one for 35?

So wait...

do you get a treasure key after beating each level of PoE.

Meaning you get one for level 32, then 34, and finally one for 35?

I am not 100% sure but I believe you can run each difficulty once a week and recieve a key. You can run it again but you will not get another key to drop.

I do like Game of Thorns as an OT title but it's a little limited, especially when there's so much big stuff happening. It'd make a good title during some down time before Comet/Taken King, assuming Thorn is still so dominant.

Start at First Post breh! :)

haha nice thanks for posting this. Hopefully HoW will be the instigating event that brings Xbox folks back into the DGAF fold, so more people that know about the OP the better.

Does anyone know this? I'm bored - might as well do some Venus farming if both those spots are still spawning.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Queen bounty events are still spawning. Haven't confirmed myself recently but I did some early this morning before the weekly reset, I don't think anything significant has or will change until 1pm EST.

Nori Chan

So here's what I'm going to do for HoW:

1. Ascend an exotic armor piece that's not being offered for the PoE (Hopefully he's not offering a Hunter Chest piece)
2. Story missions
3. Nightfall and then ascend another armor piece
4. PoE 32
5. Armor piece for PoE
6. Repeat for other characters to get the last light to get my hunter to 34.

Any other suggestions?

th3dude

So the weapons that are dropping from Salvage are 331 damage.

Will these need Etheric Light to move to 365? I don't see a slot for it, but maybe because the expansion isn't live yet.

Daemul

HEY. Someone was saying you get etheric light for completing the story missions. Where was that article or source?

I heard about this. if it's true then those of us with 3 of the same class, of which I am one, will be level 34 within a couple of hours.

their "Space Gothic" architecture/aesthetic is damn amazing to me. It is this last bit that REALLY makes me wonder about them being a once powerful civilization in their own right and how they might have made a potential "deal with the devil" with the Traveler that changed them for the worse forever.

Yeah, this is what bugs me so much when people try to use "Vex are smart, Hive are dumb" as an excuse for why CE is so much simpler than VoG. I know Datto mentioned something along those lines in his raid comparison video. There's absolutely nothing in this game that indicates Hive are stupid, quite the contrary. They broke the Beckenstein limit for crying out loud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom