• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Looks like Bungie actually wants us to farm keys for PoE. Just saw Lars Bakken retweet this tweet.

https://twitter.com/negabyte35/status/600673937085837312

Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

The keys have a ridiculously low drop rate and all the chest gives you is a "chance" at exotics and Queen's gear, but also stuff like class items, motes and strange coins, which the drop rate will undoubtfully be skewed towards, so I'll pass :p

nOoblet16

Looks like Bungie actually wants us to farm keys for PoE. Just saw Lars Bakken retweet this tweet.

https://twitter.com/negabyte35/status/600673937085837312

It does 1505 at 300, I don't think it will do 2000+ damage at 365.

Hawkmoon did about 1500 at 302, it does ~1900 at 331.

365 Fatebringer preview:

706.gif

Where's that picture from? I feel bad for laughing at it if it's real and not from some movie. Considering how exaggerated the explosion is I would imagine it's a movie.

*snip*

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Queen bounty events are still spawning. Haven't confirmed myself recently but I did some early this morning before the weekly reset, I don't think anything significant has or will change until 1pm EST.
yeah, i tried to complete them today, and i couldn't grab the final bounty for my hunter. i completed all six on my titan, but i didn't get the mission reward that others posted... smh. this guy is always late to the party....

stb

8:30/9:30 teams and alts: here are all the responses I got yesterday.

2 main takeaways:
- It looks like there are enough people playing during the day for a few groups of 3 to run story mode together if they like.
- most folks should be around in the evening.

Here's the full list, organized by if people are around for the daytime stuff, and if they also are trying to do NF today. they aren't intended to be teams, it just worked out that there were 3 folks in each group.

daytime story, NF, evening PoE
- captscience (PSN captscience) [story: day; PoE: day/evening] [also trying to do NF between story and PoE]
- StereoType (PSN Haybro_) [story: day; PoE: day/evening] [also trying to do NF between story and PoE]
- schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) [story: day; PoE: evening] [also trying to do NF between story and PoE]

daytime story, evening PoE
- LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [story: day; PoE: evening]
- stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) [story: day; PoE: evening]
- T-44 (PSN T-44) [story: day; PoE: evening]

evening-only
- Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) [story: evening?; PoE: evening]
- stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) [PoE: evening]
- GRIP (PSN GriP17-) [PoE: evening]

non-responders (or people I missed):
- ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
- Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
- Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
- manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
- Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
- Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
- Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

no formal availability, but invite him if you see him on!
- Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep)

not around for 5/19/2015
- kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)

Please let me know if your plans have changed, or if you've already grouped up with folks. I want to make sure as many people as possible know what they're doing tonight so we don't have to waste time looking for PUGs.

Verde and I are planning on teaming up for PoE tonight, so we need a 3rd that can start around 7 Central/8 Eastern. I don't have an itinerary yet, so we'll probably play it by ear and at least try a few difficulty levels, possibly do story, possibly run NF.

WizzNARD

The only reason this concerns me is for people like myself who are "late-to-the-game-ers" and can't always commit to huge amounts of time each week. I don't have a mountain of Ascendant Materials in my vault, but there were a million ways till Sunday to get them. However, now post-HoW it looks like VoG will be the only reliable way of getting them (Public Events still too maybe?).

I don't have a problem with this--keeping the old weapons/armor upgrades the same--I just don't want them to suddenly become HARDER for those such as myself.

Any word if weapon/armor drops have changed for the existing raids?

I've been wondering the same thing. I took a break before TDB even, and was always in desperate need of shards. I assume there has to be a way besides VOG to get them, what about completely new players, who don't have the expansions? Wouldn't they need a way to upgrade armor?

Hoping there is still an easy way to get shards!

Namikaze1

My body is not ready. Gonna eat brunch cause I skipped breakfast for Witcher 3 and I forgot to eat dinner due to The Following's season (series?) finale last night. Rest of the day will be House of Wolves till The Flash's season finale later on.

Got my DS4 and headset charging up. Got granola bars and a couple water bottles set aside for the day.

noomi

:eek:

My body is not ready. Gonna eat brunch cause I skipped breakfast for Witcher 3 and I forgot to eat dinner due to The Following's season (series?) finale last night. Rest of the day will be House of Wolves till The Flash's season finale later on.

Got my DS4 and headset charging up. Got granola bars and a couple water bottles set aside for the day.

Did you hear they cancelled The Following? I know the show got tons of hate... but I kinda liked it :/

I just crossed the 100 hour mark on my Titan, I am so damn ready for HoW.

I know that time is nothing compared to those of you with two or three lvl 32 guardians. But putting 100 hours into a single game speaks volumes for my personal love of a game. And only 16 of those hours were PvP.

ocean

Banned
So ready. So ready. Just need a team once this thing unlocks. I guess the LFG posts I can leech will start cropping up soonish?

ocean

Banned
I've been wondering the same thing. I took a break before TDB even, and was always in desperate need of shards. I assume there has to be a way besides VOG to get them, what about completely new players, who don't have the expansions? Wouldn't they need a way to upgrade armor?

Hoping there is still an easy way to get shards!
Completely new players won't need them at all. None of the new weapons and armor use ascendants. The only case would be newcomers who get a VoG weapon now and wanna upgrade it...they'll need to grind VoG for Ascendants the way we grinded CE for Radiants.

Namikaze1

I'm so ready to turn in these engrams.
Did you hear they cancelled The Following? I know the show got tons of hate... but I kinda liked it :/
I did. :(

I liked it too. The finale last night set up things for a season 4. Hopefully another network picks it up.

patchday

keeping my eye on the thread. I'm debating buying DLC with Witcher 3 being released, etc.

I don't like the grind for the PoE keys but guess they gotta keep the pve'ers busy

Mainly interested if ToO will have any promise for those of us that's been around since Vanilla.

Oh btw, this post will get buried by all the hype but-->

Question: If I turn in my Thorn bounty today will it be 365? Exotic bounties dropping at cap??

8:30/9:30 teams and alts: here are all the responses I got yesterday.

2 main takeaways:
- It looks like there are enough people playing during the day for a few groups of 3 to run story mode together if they like.
- most folks should be around in the evening.

Here's the full list, organized by if people are around for the daytime stuff, and if they also are trying to do NF today. they aren't intended to be teams, it just worked out that there were 3 folks in each group.

daytime story, evening PoE
- LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [story: day; PoE: evening]
- stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) [story: day; PoE: evening]
- T-44 (PSN T-44) [story: day; PoE: evening]

evening-only
- Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) [story: evening?; PoE: evening]
- kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) [story: day?; PoE: evening]
- stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) [PoE: evening]

Please let me know if your plans have changed, or if you've already grouped up with folks. I want to make sure as many people as possible know what they're doing tonight so we don't have to waste time looking for PUGs.

Verde and I are planning on teaming up for PoE tonight, so we need a 3rd that can start around 7 Central/8 Eastern. I don't have an itinerary yet, so we'll probably play it by ear and at least try a few difficulty levels, possibly do story, possibly run NF.

sorry, but plans have changed. my wife got us free passes to Tomorrowland, so i'm going to be busy. i look forward to the movie, but man, i'm torn :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom