• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
keeping my eye on the thread. I'm debating buying DLC with Witcher 3 being released, etc.

I don't like the grind for the PoE keys but guess they gotta keep the pve'ers busy

Mainly interested if ToO will have any promise for those of us that's been around since Vanilla.

Oh btw, this post will get buried by all the hype but-->

Question: If I turn in my Thorn bounty today will it be 365?
no way it will be 365, but you may mean 334 which should be a yes

Frenden

Banned
You might want to clear out/turn in engrams from your post master and toss some stuff out of your general/mats inventory before the story and nightfalls.

You lose the bonus rep gain, but you will literally lose the items and ALL gain if you're full and replacing lost items at the postmaster.

I plan on ditching some of everything before running the story and nightfall.

Impala26

Completely new players won't need them at all. None of the new weapons and armor use ascendants. The only case would be newcomers who get a VoG weapon now and wanna upgrade it...they'll need to grind VoG for Ascendants the way we grinded CE for Radiants.

What about Public Events/PE Packages?

Looks like motes, coins and maybe cosmetic stuff?

I'm hoping there's a small chance for rare/legendary engrams in them... :-/

*EDIT

noomi

I'm just going to laugh at the melt downs when it doesn't happen exactly at 10'am.

10:01

EVERYONE PANIC

You might want to clear out/turn in engrams from your post master and toss some stuff out of your general/mats inventory before the story and nightfalls.

You lose the bonus rep gain, but you will literally lose the items and ALL gain if you're full and replacing lost items at the postmaster.

I plan on ditching some of everything before running the story and nightfall.

This is what I was mentioning earlier as well, need to clear out those engrams before the nightfall. Then after nightfall turn in all commendations with xp bonus ;)

I'm hoping there's a small chance for rare/legendary engrams in them... :-/

*EDIT

That's apparently only for the large chest that requires a key to open.

WizzNARD

Completely new players won't need them at all. None of the new weapons and armor use ascendants. The only case would be newcomers who get a VoG weapon now and wanna upgrade it...they'll need to grind VoG for Ascendants the way we grinded CE for Radiants.

Yeah, but doesn't "old" stuff drop as well? I guess I'm just confused about the upgrade stuff altogether. All the exotics/legends I have were never fully leveled up, just needed shards. So does that mean I'm basically SOL on this stuff and just move on? I'm only a 28. All my gear is pre-TDB.

Like I said, I'm just a little confused about some of the upgrading stuff, so I apologize if I'm way off!!

My body is not ready. Gonna eat brunch cause I skipped breakfast for Witcher 3 and I forgot to eat dinner due to The Following's season (series?) finale last night. Rest of the day will be House of Wolves till The Flash's season finale later on.

Got my DS4 and headset charging up. Got granola bars and a couple water bottles set aside for the day.

pssh... you don't have Mt. Dew on IV drip, then you ain't ready... :D

Oh shit. One more:

Mystery: Fate of Skolas It seems
Xur at the behest of The Nine
freed Skolas!

EDIT: OK I re-read Ghost Fragment: The Queen and the Queen wanted to send Skolas to The Nine as an appeasement for her brother's crew entering the Cauldron of Rhea which the Nine were not happy about for some reason (is this the same Cauldron as the Crucible map?). So in the Fate of Skolas card
Xur says "The Nine made me aware of my purpose. If am here, then it is because the Queen sent you to the Nine, and they wish you sent back."
So they are not happy with the Queen.

If these spoiler tags are unnecessary, I'll stop.

nOoblet16

No way dude. It does not hit for 1900, pretty sure of that. Someone prove me wrong pls.
OK just checked, 331 Hawkmoon does 1895 damage and 2526 with one of the magic bullet perks. 307 Hawkmoon does 1710 and 2279 for magic bullet.

I say 365 Fatebringer will easily go over 2000 for crits.

LTWood12

T-44 and I will be running through the story around 12:45 central. If that timing works for any of you and you want to join us we can take care of business all afternoon.

Dave_6

8:30/9:30 teams and alts: here are all the responses I got yesterday.

2 main takeaways:
- It looks like there are enough people playing during the day for a few groups of 3 to run story mode together if they like.
- most folks should be around in the evening.

Here's the full list, organized by if people are around for the daytime stuff, and if they also are trying to do NF today. they aren't intended to be teams, it just worked out that there were 3 folks in each group.

daytime story, NF, evening PoE
- captscience (PSN captscience) [story: day; PoE: day/evening] [also trying to do NF between story and PoE]
- StereoType (PSN Haybro_) [story: day; PoE: day/evening] [also trying to do NF between story and PoE]
- schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) [story: day; PoE: evening] [also trying to do NF between story and PoE]

daytime story, evening PoE
- LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [story: day; PoE: evening]
- stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) [story: day; PoE: evening]
- T-44 (PSN T-44) [story: day; PoE: evening]

evening-only
- Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) [story: evening?; PoE: evening]
- kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) [story: day?; PoE: evening]
- stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) [PoE: evening]

non-responders (or people I missed):
- GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
- ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
- Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
- Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
- manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
- Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
- Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
- Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

no formal availability, but invite him if you see him on!
- Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep)

Please let me know if your plans have changed, or if you've already grouped up with folks. I want to make sure as many people as possible know what they're doing tonight so we don't have to waste time looking for PUGs.

Verde and I are planning on teaming up for PoE tonight, so we need a 3rd that can start around 7 Central/8 Eastern. I don't have an itinerary yet, so we'll probably play it by ear and at least try a few difficulty levels, possibly do story, possibly run NF.

I will be on by 6 or 6:30 CST and will be starting on the story stuff. If you and Verde need a 3rd I will gladly help you out.

Edit: I will first be in the tower decrypting all these blue engrams I have!

ethomaz

Banned
I'm ready.

CFYVNRyWAAAV8C4.jpg:large

PS. My Salvage drops on the bottom.

Impala26

Yeah, but doesn't "old" stuff drop as well? I guess I'm just confused about the upgrade stuff altogether. All the exotics/legends I have were never fully leveled up, just needed shards. So does that mean I'm basically SOL on this stuff and just move on? I'm only a 28. All my gear is pre-TDB.

Like I said, I'm just a little confused about some of the upgrading stuff, so I apologize if I'm way off!!

Yeah I was confused in the same way.

Once TDB launched, the game dropped TDB weapons/armor (I-icon), but also vanilla weapons/armor. Are we assuming that once HoW drops, weapon/armor drops/engrams will ONLY be HoW and/or HoW-leveled things (II-icon)?

FYI you have to complete the story missions to unlock the level 28 PoE, which in turn you have to complete to enter the challenge PoE modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom