• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjaw

ruthless, let me know when you switch to HM gorgon and ill hop back on! Nothing again this week (the usual), but wheelhoss getting nice things every week gives me hope :)

In the words of Sleepy....The giver of Hawkmoons :p

wsaYbqZ.jpg

I think I should make a clan by that name ;)

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

ocean

Banned
I'm going to take my time going through the story lines; I enjoy new Bungie missions a great deal and don't want to just blow through them. So I'll be lagging behind you guys for a few days. I'm also going to be juggling bringing my Titan up to speed. Level 3 baby!

CFYG6KlUMAEv2Jt.jpg

You'll finally discover the glory of hand cannons, congrats! I'll give you an early hint on Titan PvP: Always chuck your Lightning grenades at walls, never at the floor. You want the damage cone to cover a horizontal area instead of vertical space. Enjoy your smashing :)

Rehsa

I tried that earlier and it didn't work for me. Did it in a darkness zone during countdown.
Ahh that sucks, guess burn one every 5 minutes unless you need heavy lol
I'm going to take my time going through the story lines; I enjoy new Bungie missions a great deal and don't want to just blow through them. So I'll be lagging behind you guys for a few days. I'm also going to be juggling bringing my Titan up to speed. Level 3 baby!

CFYG6KlUMAEv2Jt.jpg

I will be lagging behind everyone as well, my play time is limited to late at night after everyone has already done everything. Though I may make my wife watch TV solo tonight lol

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Congrats!

Impala26

Gonna ask again for new page:

If all my gear is pre-TDB and not fully leveled, only needing shards, should I not even bother, since shards aren't really a thing anymore, or will getting shards still be somewhat easy?

Don't know how I should be going about leveling now. I'm a 28 currently, and like I said, pretty much all my gear is ready to be leveled, just need shards and some mats. Obviously I want to get new gear, but would maybe like to ascend some of my older stuff as well, if it's doable.

For me it's a wait-and-see kinda thing. New stuff might be dropping so frequently that unless you're attached to something in particular (like I am with my Three Little Words w/ Rangefinder and Third Eye), you might just be better of scrapping old stuff altogether.

Or save them in vault until you can upgrade/ascend them if you think their perks/stats/aesthetic are worth it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think the first exotic armor I ascend, unexpectedly enough, will be the Crest of Alpha Lupi. Mondo-revive is too clutch in all the new content, both PvE and PvP.

cilonen

Does the Nightfall buff effect Engram rep bonuses?
I have an assload of everything to decrypt, but I am wondering if I should put a hold on that.

Me too. I'm not going to bother min-maxing the engram rep though. I need my vault space back!

Are you going to join up with Jay and I in a bit? We're taking an hour to do all our management stuff, turn in engrams, level up factions, open reward packages, ascend exotics and general shit then going to take on the story at 8CET 7UK 2EST 11Pacific.

I dreamt about the Arena

It was a big open field with pillars. Goblins had Solar Shields. There was a cabal that took damage in single digits, but he didn't have alot of HPs. After beating the wave there was a puzzle where you had to stomp balls to light them up.

Bungie hire me

Frenden

Banned
If you're looking to add folks for the missions, I'm FRENDEN on PSN.

I'm hoping there will be enough people on that we shouldn't have to schedule anything.

WizzNARD

For me it's a wait-and-see kinda thing. New stuff might be dropping so frequently that unless you're attached to something in particular (like I am with my Three Little Words w/ Rangefinder and Third Eye), you might just be better of scrapping old stuff altogether.

Or save them in vault until you can upgrade/ascend them if you think their perks/stats/aesthetic are worth it.

Yeah, I figure that's what I'll do too. TBH I'm just kinda sick of being 28. All my friends that kept playing are at max and I feel like I'm holding people back!

I was happy with a lot of my gear/weapons, but after balancing and nerfs and everything else that happened while I was away, I'm not sure whats what anymore, especially in PVP.

GhaleonEB

You'll finally discover the glory of hand cannons, congrats! I'll give you an early hint on Titan PvP: Always chuck your Lightning grenades at walls, never at the floor. You want the damage cone to cover a horizontal area instead of vertical space. Enjoy your smashing :)

I have played two games of PvP to date. Both were with two friends at Bungie (the second game was last night), so I couldn't say no. :p

They were actually quite fun, so I might dabble more down the road. But for now I have a perfect 2-0 record in the Crucible. I feel special.

patchday

I dreamt about the Arena

It was a big open field with pillars. Goblins had Solar Shields. There was a cabal that took damage in single digits, but he didn't have alot of HPs. After beating the wave there was a puzzle where you had to stomp balls to light them up.

Bungie hire me

lol

Wilde

wsaYbqZ.jpg

Congrats on the Hawkmoon WheelHoss, I know you've been wanting it just as bad as I have!

I unfortunately had another week of literally nothing usefull. My only exotic in our entire reset raid marathon was a duplicate Red Death...

(Ruthless! Why must you keep giving my Hawkmoon to other guardians??!!)

JayHayabusa

Does the Nightfall buff effect Engram rep bonuses?
I have an assload of everything to decrypt, but I am wondering if I should put a hold on that.

I'm going to start the story when it kicks in. Will have to run NF and of course PoE when available. I finally got some keys!

Join us Mindlog for the Nightfall and PoE. We'll save you a place.

Impala26

Yeah, I figure that's what I'll do too. TBH I'm just kinda sick of being 28. All my friends that kept playing are at max and I feel like I'm holding people back!

I was happy with a lot of my gear/weapons, but after balancing and nerfs and everything else that happened while I was away, I'm not sure whats what anymore, especially in PVP.

I have a buddy that's in a similar scenario. And we both agreed it might just be best to hold onto to everything until HoW drops to see how things pan out.

Oh and I forgot to mention that that Three Little Words of mine also has Field Scout for a 42 round mag. Gun clears trash mobs like a street-sweeper!

vctor182

OK. I re-read Ghost Fragment: The Queen and the Queen wanted to send Skolas to The Nine as an appeasement for her brother's crew entering the Cauldron of Rhea which the Nine were not happy about for some reason (is this the same Cauldron as the Crucible map?). So in the Fate of Skolas card
Xur says "The Nine made me aware of my purpose. If am here, then it is because the Queen sent you to the Nine, and they wish you sent back."
So they are not happy with the Queen.

If these spoiler tags are unnecessary, I'll stop.
This is interesting, the dead soldiers crusading should be us guardians. I remember a theory someone posted saying that the fallen were actually the good guys and we were the bad guys by overhearing some dregs talking.

Edit: Here it is

Congrats on the Hawkmoon WheelHoss, I know you've been wanting it just as bad as I have!

I unfortunately had another week of literally nothing usefull. My only exotic in our entire reset raid marathon was a duplicate Red Death...

(Ruthless! Why must you keep giving my Hawkmoon to other guardians??!!)

I appreciate it. No one deserves it more than you, bro. I'll keep my fingers crossed and rub my rabbit's foot.

wsaYbqZ.jpg

Without a doubt, man! First time I join you to get the chest and I get Hawkmoon. Others got it as well in less than a week! You bless us with your presence, Rules The Barbarian! XD

Congrats WheelHoss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom