• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somnia

So I've decided to start playing Destiny again on PS4. I'm level 24 currently and will be looking to doing the group required material and raids soon. House of Wolves and recent patches have really got me excited to play again.

Feel free to add me and if you ever want to run something shoot me a message.

PSN = Somnia

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I decoded a purple chest with the new cryptarch.

Gives me two ass energies.

WHAT THE FUCK. I hate this guy already. I thought Bungie said we weren't going to get this garbage anymore?
are you sure it was a new engram?
The Cryptarch will no longer convert newly acquired Legendary Engrams to Shards (possibilities include gear/weapons or Exotics)

I got a purple engram during the Nightfall
CFZAk3-UgAAGl8-.jpg:large

jett

D-Member
I guess it was an old one from last week... From where it refused to decode my shit. :|

I can't remember if they said they were getting rid of the Shards only, or both type of Ass mats all together.

There's no point i getting rid of one but keeping the other.

Oh and I decoded two dozens worth of blue garbage.

Got blue garbage in return.

What's the point of the Cryptarch again? :p He gives me nothing but blue shit in his equally shit gift packages too.

WizzNARD

So what do you guys think will be the best way for me to get past 28? Feeling a little overwhelmed/confused as to the best way to go about it.

Everyone I play with is max level, feel like I'm holding people back! And of course if anyone want to play my XBL is the same as GAF name!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So what do you guys think will be the best way for me to get past 28? Feeling a little overwhelmed/confused as to the best way to go about it.

Everyone I play with is max level, feel like I'm holding people back! And of course if anyone want to play my XBL is the same as GAF name!
Do you have HoW? It's pretty trivial to do this now, let me help you out.

Can you link me to your Bungie.net profile?

Do you have at least an Exotic Helm and an Exotic Shard?

PuMa

Do you have an Exotic piece or armor and an exotic shard? Ascend that biznatch. That's a good start. After that, you're best best if to try to get some of the new legendary armor since it will definitely already be better than your current armor. Have any Vanguard or Crucible marks saved up?

RemiLP

I feel like im cheating when im using my gh lol. Just got it a few days ago, it wrecks everything.

Its almost as if i want to try the fights without it first ;p dont seem fair

EL CUCO

I guess it was an old one from last week... From where it refused to decode my shit. :|

There's no point i getting rid of one but keeping the other.

Oh and I decoded two dozens worth of blue garbage.

Got blue garbage in return.

What's the point of the Cryptarch again? :p He gives me nothing but blue shit in his equally shit gift packages too.
From today's hot fix notes:
-The Cryptarch will no longer convert newly acquired Legendary Engrams to Shards (possibilities include gear/weapons or Exotics)
-Newly acquired Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
Both times, they specifically mention "Shards" so I'm guessing Energies are still in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do you have an Exotic piece or armor and an exotic shard? Ascend that biznatch. That's a good start. After that, you're best best if to try to get some of the new legendary armor since it will definitely already be better than your current armor. Have any Vanguard or Crucible marks saved up?
it won't be just a good start, that ish will get him past 30 alone if all leveld and I'm not mistaken about what he has equipped

WizzNARD

Do you have HoW? It's pretty trivial to do this now, let me help you out.

Can you link me to your Bungie.net profile?

Do you have at least an Exotic Helm and an Exotic Shard?

I do have HoW. Also have a fully leveled Saint 14 and Armormantarium(spelled wrong I know), as well as a partly leveled Inmost Light and Insurmountable Skullfort. And 1 exotic shard.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018429624245/2305843009214982598
(hopefully that is the right link, if not let me know)

Thanks for any help!!

WizzNARD

I have 52 Vanguard and 42 Crucible. I figured ascending would be the first thing to do, apparently just need Glimmer. I really appreciate the help as always everyone.

PuMa

I do have HoW. Also have a fully leveled Saint 14 and Armormantarium(spelled wrong I know), as well as a partly leveled Inmost Light and Insurmountable Skullfort. And 1 exotic shard.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/1/4611686018429624245/2305843009214982598
(hopefully that is the right link, if not let me know)

Thanks for any help!!

dude oh my god.

use that exotic shard on saint 14

watch what happens.

Agreed. Defender Titans will likely be key assets in PoE.

ezekial45

Banned
This expansion is a pretty big improvement over The Dark Below. I'm glad Bungie listened to all the feedback they got from the last one. I'm actually excited to play Destiny again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have 52 Vanguard and 42 Crucible. I figured ascending would be the first thing to do, apparently just need Glimmer. I really appreciate the help as always everyone.
How much glimmer do you need to do it?

All your gear is old stuff. Anything new you acquire/buy/whatever will have huge amounts more like.

he's going from a 30 to 42 helm. buy boots first when you have 75 marks

this really fucking sucks. I've never wanted to play two games at the same time so bad before (destiny and witcher 3)

Not enough hours in a day ><

this really fucking sucks. I've never wanted to play two games at the same time so bad before (destiny and witcher 3)

I feel that this is 100% accurate. But man Destiny sooooo good.

I am plotting my revenge on Wheelhoss and his luck.

Best thing ever about new content, looking at your friends list in Destiny and seeing how far they are with via the emblems they have equipped.

I'm right there with you. However, tonight is Destiny night. TW3 will be saved for the latter part of this week.

Man, fuck my job, fuck my career. I just want to go home and play Destiny. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK? Stupid late afternoon conference call. Otherwise I'd already be home. Ridiculous. I'm about to cancel it.

WizzNARD

How much glimmer do you need to do it?

All your gear is old stuff. Anything new you acquire/buy/whatever will have huge amounts more like.

he's going from a 30 to 42 helm. buy boots first when you have 75 marks

Not too much, like 2-300, but I'll be dead broke after, which isn't too big of a deal. Stopped playing for a while, before TDB, and always had a decent amount of Glimmer. No idea what I spent it all on before I took a break.

So I'll go for boots next. Shouldn't take too long to get to 75. You think I should do gloves after that, since it's cheaper, or save for a chest or something?

Next is weapons, but I feel like I can hold out for some drops for the time being, focus on getting my light up first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom