• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizzNARD

i'm not going to do all the math, but my friend I believe that would get you to level 32. wild stuff.

just check out the DO and Crucible gear and see which you like better.

Thank you Master Ives

Never played with this thing but Persistence and Injection Mold could be interesting. Or I can reroll it :)

That's what I was hoping!

I have a Culling(pre HoW), it is pretty good, but jumps all over the place when firing it. Don't have either of those perks on it though. Tears through things pretty nicely at the end of the day.

LALALALALALALA !!

ZabdZ92.jpg

So do you actually get worthwhile stuff after a nightfall now or is this just pure coincidence?

Impala26

Yes. All are 36 light.

everything in the game except cray cray endgame drops (PoE 35?) has to be ascended.

But all Vendor gear, new legendary/exotic drops starts at 36 Light. A set of this will get you to level 32 without investing a single point of XP.

Thanks for the update.
So that means that without the old "Upgrade Damage" bubbles, the only way to increase the light stat is through Ascension?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
PSN Hawkian, doing 2nd story mission and on. Public party.
Thanks for the update.
So that means that without the old "Upgrade Damage" bubbles, the only way to increase the light stat is through Ascension?
Yes, but all Exotics still have those bubbles. New exotics just start at 36 and can't be ascended, old Exotics are Ascended to base 36.

being stuck at work is the worst!!!

so guys? how is it so far?

f'real!

And once I get off work, I gotta go pick up my baby daughter from day care, then get home and feed her yadda yadda yadda, make dinner, blah blah blah, help my wife give her a bath and put her to bed, ten thousand years later I can sign into Destiny. This is why I took off work tomorrow.

f'real!

And once I get off work, I gotta go pick up my baby daughter from day care, then get home and feed her yadda yadda yadda, make dinner, blah blah blah, ten thousand years later I can sign into Destiny. This is why I took off work tomorrow.

You are a better father then me. I told my wife she is doing it all tonight. I getting a Sugar Free Monster and locking my door.

how are people who don't raid going to upgrade pre-HoW stuff, if VoG and CE are going to be the only sources for Asc and Rad mats?

I'm guess the Daily mission and/or Public events still give Ascendent materials? As well as dismantling legendaries you might receieve from rep packages.

Is Nightfall THAT hard this week... the guys on IGN have wiped like 4 or 5 times

No, not really. Its just that with arc burn and a lot of the fallen doing primary arc damage, there are a LOT of things that basically can 1 shot you. If you take it nice and slow and stay back a little bit you can basically go through it easy.

The toughest room is the "2nd" boss, the big tank devil walker boss. His cannon shoots arc damage and the room has a lot of cut off points so its easy to get trapped and killed by the boss while you can't even see him.

In a clever move once the boss starts fighting he teleports the entire group to the front of the room, so while there are a bunch of good spots to basically hide out and regen from (the platform above him for example) you have to do it after you engage the boss.

I did the nightfall 3x already, the good news is that its really fast. With 3x thunderlords and a titan bubble we actually killed the boss at the end before he even summoned adds. All in all the strike probably took 15 mins or so, and I think speed groups could shave it down to 6 or 7.

Impala26

Holy crap, the drop rates for PoE and Nightfalls based on here and the non-GAF streams I've seen are pretty damn generous compared to what I'm used to seeing.

Could the big PoE chest replace the Gorgon's chest as the go-to spot for exotics?
(a man can only hope)

stb

Potentially stupid question:

Is giving my Level 21 Hunter all the blue engrams to decode a bad idea?

i.e. does character or Cryptarch level matter when decoding engrams, as long as the character is above level 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom