• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Don't you need to finish the story in order to access PoE on each character?

Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

You can just piggyback on the group of someone who's already unlocked it on their character, that's how I always managed to do the Omnigul nightfall on my 2 alts even though I only ever unlocked it on my main.

The story missions are too much of a drag to do more than once, so I'll just piggyback if I want to do PoE on my alts.

Toa TAK

Banned
Man, this new Cryptarch does not give a fuck.

Also, I'm a 32! Tomorrow I'm gonna have to get a new Key before jumping into the next PoE challenge.

Kudos to BlueNinja and IHaveAnIce for a good day.

Gammacide

Wow. My first run through PoE and I get Hawkmoon and Her Right Hand from the treasure chest. I only had the one key! Time to look for more! :)

Man, this new Cryptarch does not give a fuck.

Also, I'm a 32! Tomorrow I'm gonna have to get a new Key before jumping into the next PoE challenge.

Kudos to BlueNinja and IHaveAnIce for a good day.

Totally!

He's hilarious "a rare! How unfortunate!"

Hahahahaha bastard!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Could you elaborate? I'm sure you're busy playing, but this sound too important for a drive-by. If you need a key to get a roll, and you have to farm for 4+ hours per key...How is that a good thing?
i disagree that it's pointless to do anything in a game except for a specific reward, or any reward for that matter. I also disagree that it will make or break the DLC, in fact the notion seems to me to be pretty ridiculous. The entire reward structure of the game is rather different now, and frankly I've been inundated with more useful gear over the last 36 hours than I know what to do with, without even having touched PoE yet. Finally I disagree that it's too important for a drive-by, it's a simple but pretty ancient philosophical distinction on as to what motivates action in a game, and I'm never going to convince anyone that doesn't already agree to see things my way. No doubt people are going to be upset about the rewards- and while I think it's a little premature before we see how things really shake out a routine basis- that's perfectly reasonable and fine by me; if it ruins the experience of the DLC for you, while that may seem particularly extreme to me, so be it.

I don't know what exactly it is you're suggesting I called "a good thing." 4 hours per key would be one thing, but we're talking a random roll every time. It could be 2 in 10 minutes or 0 in 30 hours, which is why that type of farming-til-it-happens will never be a part of my personal experience with this game. I'm just not the right type of player for it. But it seems obvious to me that Bungie doesn't expect the average player to be walking around with a stack of keys all the time, and that doesn't bother me. It may well bother tons of you, and if we complain loudly enough about it I'm sure we'll then be able to get keys much more easily, and then it will be an expected reward, all the time. I'm just saying the minutiae of all that doesn't constitute "the point" of any particular content for me and it never will.

fourth horseman and queen benevolence (sniper) from lvl 28 PoE

holy shit i almost didn't get the chest! i fell and died and my teammates got the chest and didn't revive me!

fourth horseman was all i was missing from the pre HoW

The other issue-That I thought wouldn't be a big deal-is the gap that this key RNG shit creates between those that farmed and those that didn't. I thought since the 32/34 would give you a key per weekly reset, that those who farmed would have to run it multiple times on one character to gain an advantage.

Instead, they automatically have an advantage and will continue to have that advantage by being able to loot the chest every time, whilst those that didn't farm don't get shit and get left far behind.

Bungie has managed to fuck it up. I'm amazed. The planets were aligned and they still fuck it up.

DNAbro

So i just did the level 28 prison of elders again. Got a Token of Flight from the side chests, plus materials and things. I also used my key again and got the Rocket Launcher.

So in case anyone might be wondering, it seems like as long as you have a key you can keep getting the chest to give you something good. Don't think I could get an exotic again.

rNilla

I picked the wrong day to schedule an appointment but I'll be back for more in a couple hours. I'm pretty happy with this so far. Prison of Elders is an interesting challenge.

Fisty

Im looking to jump back in, havent played since Oct so I have a lot to catch up on. Im level 29 hunter on PS4, add me if you want to do story missions or strikes and shit to level up

big-_-_-_-boss69

Deku Tree

I feel like Bungie designs their game without really playing it on anything other than easy difficulty. Why do I think so? Because of how the encounters work in this game with enemy placement which require cheesing a lot in higher difficulties. I've noticed this since Halo games.

So this Cabal boss on Prison of Elders, the problem is even at level 32 we had difficulty trying to figure out a way to play it without cheesing it. So we put the bubble down and what happens? A constant barrage of rockets from centurions, legions and that boss with no reloads or anything, what this causes is that we can't see shit and it makes the fight very boring, since all we are doing is popping the bubble one after another and just taking pop shots.

I absolutely cannot see how level 35 Cabal and Hive PoE can even remotely be fun, not with enemies that never stop shooting and can't be suppressed with the grenades and crap like Lightswitch in Hive room where they ask you to run around the room for objectives. Vex and Fallen are surprisingly the better encounters because the Fallen room is huge and Vex don't have enemies like Thralls or Vandals

The Halo games on legendary difficulty were like that too. This is how Bungie has been designing their hardest game modes for a very long time.

Playing dress up with my Warlock is a pain in the ass. I need to get those raid boots replaced by somerhing else with heavy ammo ASAP.

This DLC does so much right. The story was actually fun. The new Strike is fantastic. Prison of Elders is really cool, bummer the keys aren't a guaranteed drop. Hope they change that. I need to sort my vault and evaluate all the weapons and armor I've received... My Legendary loot tonight consisted of a Hand Cannon, two ARs, a Pulse Rifle, a Shotgun, a Sniper Rifle, three fusion rifles, a rocket launcher and an MG. Got a Truth and a Universal Remote for good measure, as well.

Also got a crapton of armor, especially for my Warlock and Hunter. My Titan hit 33 thanks to an Etheric Light drop. Those things are going to be incredibly rare.

Looking forward to tomorrow, getting my warlock and hunter through the story and tackling PoE once more on higher difficulties.

The craziest thing this DLC has added, though? Apparent stability. I've only gotten kicked to orbit twice. Yesterday I got kicked to the title screen twelve times. I received the 'contacting Destiny servers' notice several times, which always used to precede a weasel error... But tonight, the game fixed itself without kicking me. Several times.

I don't know if it's permanent, but goddamn if it is. This night was pure gaming bliss.

neoism

My GEERD WHYY BUNGLE. Why do they hate every other gun but hand cannons.... They are soo fucking OP it's ......smh....

DNAbro

Playing dress up with my Warlock is a pain in the ass. I need to get those raid boots replaced by somerhing else with heavy ammo ASAP.

This DLC does so much right. The story was actually fun. The new Strike is fantastic. Prison of Elders is really cool, bummer the keys aren't a guaranteed drop. Hope they change that. I need to sort my vault and evaluate all the weapons and armor I've received... My Legendary loot tonight consisted of a Hand Cannon, two ARs, a Pulse Rifle, a Shotgun, a Sniper Rifle, three fusion rifles, a rocket launcher and an MG. Got a Truth and a Universal Remote for good measure, as well.

Also got a crapton of armor, especially for my Warlock and Hunter. My Titan hit 33 thanks to an Etheric Light drop. Those things are going to be incredibly rare.

Looking forward to tomorrow, getting my warlock and hunter through the story and tackling PoE once more on higher difficulties.

The craziest thing this DLC has added, though? Apparent stability. I've only gotten kicked to orbit twice. Yesterday I got kicked to the title screen twelve times. I received the 'contacting Destiny servers' notice several times, which always used to precede a weasel error... But tonight, the game fixed itself without kicking me. Several times.

I don't know if it's permanent, but goddamn if it is. This night was pure gaming bliss.

They were doing server things yesterday in prep for house of wolves. So that's why you got kicked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom