• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

I feel like Bungie designs their game without really playing it on anything other than easy difficulty. Why do I think so? Because of how the encounters work in this game with enemy placement which require cheesing a lot in higher difficulties. I've noticed this since Halo games.

So this Cabal boss on Prison of Elders, the problem is even at level 32 we had difficulty trying to figure out a way to play it without cheesing it. So we put the bubble down and what happens? A constant barrage of rockets from centurions, legions and that boss with no reloads or anything, what this causes is that we can't see shit and it makes the fight very boring, since all we are doing is popping the bubble one after another and just taking pop shots.

I absolutely cannot see how level 35 Cabal and Hive PoE can even remotely be fun, not with enemies that never stop shooting and can't be suppressed with the grenades and crap like Lightswitch in Hive room where they ask you to run around the room for objectives. Vex and Fallen are surprisingly the better encounters because the Fallen room is huge and Vex don't have enemies like Thralls or Vandals

The backtraking is hilarious at this point. Loving how 80% is dedicated to the enemies to rush towards you like there is no tomorrow and you hide in like 10% of the room

Exotics for almost everybody!

11134046_10152843375606560_1954943207922948732_o.jpg

11110899_10152843375541560_8111487134472597714_o.jpg

Le crème de la crème!

11082386_10152843375331560_1071958053019071657_o.jpg

12 Treasure Keys, and my Titan guantlets stolen by Wicked, but that No Land Beyond was worth it! And I did get the Purifier Robes. I would rather have an Etheric Light though.

8D7EG3l.jpg

Zoidberg

Finished 32 PoE, no key at the end is odd. Bungie should have cleared this shit up earlier, I feel sorry for people who don''t know about the keys and get to the end, it would be really dissapointing. Especially when they had the keys dropping at the end of 32 PoE in the stream, that was a pretty clear indicator to alot of people that they didn't have to farm a key prior to going in.

Otherwise, enjoying everything so far. PoE was fresh, story missions were in another league to vanilla or TDB and the new gear looks great.

A special shoutout to the 28 PoE chest, I wasted a key and got a monte carlo.....

SkylineRKR

Did Bungie buff the XP?

Played a few matches with Thorn which I never upgraded beyond Mark of the Devourer and its gone a full circle further.

Also, I get a shitload of marks.

This Nightfall without Warlocks is quick hard.

Thanks Kadey ;)

I can see this, but enemy waves are really only an issue at the end. Everything else can be dealt with easily just dodging and running around the rather large rooms.

Still though, so much fun. I really detest Hive so the Omnigul stuff was eh to me.

Zoidberg

So I just went to the gunsmith with a jolders equipped and he's offering to reroll it. I tested with a spare felwinters, and he does indeed reroll old IB weapons for the same cost as new rerolls (1 mote, 250 glimmer and 3 weapon parts)

Wilde

Any of you guys looking to run 3x story/nightfall/PoE starting around 4:30-5 pacific time? I'll be home from work in a bit, so I'm just trying to plan ahead.

nOoblet16

So I just went to the gunsmith with a jolders equipped and he's offering to reroll it. I tested with a spare felwinters, and he does indeed reroll old IB weapons for the same cost as new rerolls (1 mote, 250 glimmer and 3 weapon parts)

okkk now I need to reroll it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom