• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Playing dress up with my Warlock is a pain in the ass. I need to get those raid boots replaced by somerhing else with heavy ammo ASAP.

This DLC does so much right. The story was actually fun. The new Strike is fantastic. Prison of Elders is really cool, bummer the keys aren't a guaranteed drop. Hope they change that. I need to sort my vault and evaluate all the weapons and armor I've received... My Legendary loot tonight consisted of a Hand Cannon, two ARs, a Pulse Rifle, a Shotgun, a Sniper Rifle, three fusion rifles, a rocket launcher and an MG. Got a Truth and a Universal Remote for good measure, as well.

Also got a crapton of armor, especially for my Warlock and Hunter. My Titan hit 33 thanks to an Etheric Light drop. Those things are going to be incredibly rare.

Looking forward to tomorrow, getting my warlock and hunter through the story and tackling PoE once more on higher difficulties.

The craziest thing this DLC has added, though? Apparent stability. I've only gotten kicked to orbit twice. Yesterday I got kicked to the title screen twelve times. I received the 'contacting Destiny servers' notice several times, which always used to precede a weasel error... But tonight, the game fixed itself without kicking me. Several times.

I don't know if it's permanent, but goddamn if it is. This night was pure gaming bliss.

you should never get kicked to orbit that much. Make sure you're NAT 1 open. Bungie lists on their site what ports to open. If you're on att fiber I can give you some tips. But even when I was NAT 2 I was stable though so no idea how your internet could be that bad. perhaps you have a poor wifi signal (check your signal strength)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
HM 05 beat the 35, wonder what level they'd all gotten to.

edit: They died at the same time, who knows what happened... lol

Deku Tree

gunawi tried and it wouldn't let us load and it wouldn't let him use the invites I was sending him

He hadn't completed the 28 one so we are thinking that's why. It kept saying "player doesn't have access to this activity"

Not sure about the later but you can't do the higher level PoE until you've done the lower ones.

Wow that's very different from previous locked activities in Destiny.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
finished PoE matchmaking

:3

GOT THE LAST WORD, legendary cheese shotgun of random name, legendary prox rocket launcher

godisreal

lmao these descriptions are awesome

itRXk5f.jpg

#titanmasterrace

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Who is HM05? Are they the worlds first?
Yeah, world's first. HM 05 is one dude, I guess I should have said HM NATION or something. Looks like they died/wiped exactly while taking him down though, so I'm not totally sure what the deal is. They're claiming it counted, anyway

Oh man, this is WoW all over again.
I have Witcher and new LiS episode and I don't think I'll touch them for at least a week now.
So much new stuff to do here.

Big shout out to Xplicitone and Ocean. Had a ton of fun on our HoW adventure today. Got all story missions, NF, and PoE lvl's 28 & 32 done on one character. Also a NF on a 2nd. SOOOOOOO much fun especially with these 2 awesome guardians. So much HYPE!!!.

Loving the HoW DLC thus far. I don't know what to do with all these new legendary weapons and armor.

you should never get kicked to orbit that much. Make sure you're NAT 1 open. Bungie lists on their site what ports to open. If you're on att fiber I can give you some tips. But even when I was NAT 2 I was stable though so no idea how your internet could be that bad. perhaps you have a poor wifi signal (check your signal strength)

I've been playing since september. Everything you say, I've tried. Multiple times. My internet is fine, it's only Destiny that disagrees with it. Except today, it seems.

The best explanation I've found is that my ISP is a piece of shit that locks certain portqs and doesn't give us the option to open them. I've tried exchanging the modem/router they provided for a seperate modem and router, but no dice. I'd have to buy the router myself, and since Destiny is the only conflict I have such an expense would be nothung short of extravagant.

So yeah, I shouldn't get kicked to orbit this much. I'm not the only one with the issue, either, check their forums. There's no magical solution for the problzm, I've tried,

If my game's new-found ability to remain connected is a portent of things to come and not an isolated incident, the point is moot anyway.

Big apologies to Unstabie and Yzen, trying to get back on soon but real life is real :-/

Hopefully I'll be back in ~5-10 if you read this, but feel free to press on to the Lv34 PoE if the opportunity is there.

spyder_ur

I got this one too, but definitely not as good of a roll as yours.

Reroll it then.

So two takeaways/questions: Etheric light is proving hard to come by, huh? I guess the path to 33 is doing level 32 PoE and then buying the gear? I didn't love the armor roll I saw. Is the light even a random drop anywhere?

Do you really have to do the story stuff all over to get access to PoE. I actually liked it, but I'm not sure I want to do it over again immediately.

Reroll it then.

So two takeaways/questions: Etheric light is proving hard to come by, huh? I guess the path to 33 is doing level 32 PoE and then buying the gear? I didn't love the armor roll I saw. Is the light even a random drop anywhere?

Do you really have to do the story stuff all over to get access to PoE. I actually liked it, but I'm not sure I want to do it over again immediately.

Both Nightfalls gave me Etheric. >.>

BokehKing

Banned
Ugh, they cut the balls off of auto rifles so bad that they are completely out classed by everything in the Crucible, can't they at least make it average again?

Reroll it then.

Haven't seen any ELight after finishing the story, NFall, Weekly and PoE 28 and 32 on one character. Lv33 is easy to hit with one ascended exotic and the armor core gauntlets from beating Lv32 PoE, but Lv34 seems mighty tricky right now with the lack of EL.

Afaik the story must be completed to unlock access to PoE. I went to orbit before turning in the very final story bounty, and PoE wasn't available Then I went back to the Reef to turn it in and PoE was immediately available once I was back in orbit.

Just double checking, but if I get a dupe exotic I should just shard it and use that to bring my 331 up to 365, correct? Is it confirmed to be the same for 300 weapons that are maxed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom