• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so there is no guaranteed key the first time you clear PoE in any given week? I guess that makes key farming way more valuable. That explains why I didn't get a key yesterday on completing PoE, but someone else still opened the main chest.
Keys are RNG. People have gotten them from the two small chest that rest aside from the main center chest.

I've done PoE L28 twice, L32 twice and L34 twice without getting a single key drop.

Wasted my Titan's armor core for an Chance, and got the machine gun :/ that means I have to do the damn Level 35 Arena now.
It's really not worth rolling that right now. It's best to do it down the road when you're max level and have extra cores lying around. Someone else did it and only got a legendary rocket launcher.

Same here. Got Icebreaker and Queen's Machine gun from lvl28 PoE while lvl32 PoE gave me a crappy vendor fusion rife :(

Farmville.
Too early to tell but it seems L28 gives you an exotic no matter what since it's the first one you clear. I have yet to see an Exotic in the higher levels.

SkylineRKR

So you're telling me I don't need to bother with 32+ PoEs and should just do 28 if I just want to open the chests?

Yes but higher level is still worthwhile if you want to level up beyond 32. This way, everyone can jump in and still get good loot. I think they learnt from VoG and CE.

Too early to tell but it seems L28 gives you an exotic no matter what since it's the first one you clear. I have yet to see an Exotic in the higher levels.

Yeah seems that way since everyone posted about getting an exotic from the lvl 28 variant. I still have to do them on two characters so let's see if that is actually the case.

Sorry, I don't think it's Ghorn great.

It's called Pax Totalus EPR8 and it's got cluster bombs as a perk. So lots of smaller bombs fall out when it detonates. Not quite Wolfpack now that I look closer but might be decent none the less

Hehe, I got the Pax totalus too with similar perks, dismantled it straight away.

Jinjo

Keys are RNG. People have gotten them from the two small chest that rest aside from the main center chest.

I've done PoE L28 twice, L32 twice and L34 twice without getting a single key drop.

It's really not worth rolling that right now. It's best to do it down the road when you're max level and have extra cores lying around.

So if you do a PoE difficulty level again you still get loot/a chance at a treasure key? And armor/weapon cores are on a weekly lockout I guess?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times already, but Bungie has been really unclear on the matter I feel/or I missed because I haven't been keeping up with the thread too much.

raindoc

CFaCN4BWMAAjeFu.jpg:large

Oh. OH.

[i think i like it/spoiler]

Anyone up for NF?

Carryyyyyyyy meeeeeeee!

You can skip past the hive in the beginning. Don't even need to touch those ogres and wizards. When you get to the first darkness zone with the majors and boss, just stay near the door and use sniper/scouts if solo, or go wild with fb and shotguns.

When you ascend the elevator, use sniper on the boss from the entrance door till he disappears, then clean up the adds. For walker room, stay in the starting left area. One player manages the left passage, another the right passage. Third player damages the walker. After that it's straightforward: follow the boss, damaging him on the way to the final room, flank him from left and right archways and he'll melt before he can even summon adds.

I should have saved that video of jumping into an ogre ultras' face and melting it with 4th horseman. Pure carnage.

You can skip past the hive in the beginning. Don't even need to touch those ogres and wizards. When you get to the first darkness zone with the majors and boss, just stay near the door and use sniper/scouts if solo, or go wild with fb and shotguns.

When you ascend the elevator, use sniper on the boss from the entrance door till he disappears, then clean up the adds. For walker room, stay in the starting left area. One player manages the left passage, another the right passage. Third player damages the walker. After that it's straightforward: follow the boss, damaging him on the way to the final room, flank him from left and right archways and he'll melt before he can even summon adds.

Carrrrrrryyyyyyy meeeeeeeeee!
already finish all 3 :p <3 youuuuuuuu

Zoidberg

Farming these keys is going to suck in a few weeks. As we have no way of deleting ammo packs the only solution to stop them stockpiling from the chests is filling my inventory with random crap every time I farm. Good to see they really thought these keys through.

Jinjo

I'm really regretting dismantling all my old vanilla Titan armor months ago right about now. That stuff always looked so cool. There's no way to get those to drop again?

Farming these keys is going to suck in a few weeks. As we have no way of deleting ammo packs the only solution to stop them stockpiling from the chests is filling my inventory with random crap every time I farm. Good to see they really thought these keys through.

Keep your consumables full, and you won't get any more special ammo. It doesn't go to the postmaster either.

Carrrrrrryyyyyyy meeeeeeeeee!
already finish all 3 :p <3 youuuuuuuu

Any good loot? We only got pre-how exotics and shitty legendaries :(

And good run today. Hopefully we can all 3 try PoE 35 tomorrow.

Yea for sure! I wonder if i didn't get anything from my Hunter's first PoE clear because I didn't unlock it yet. I know I got an exotic on my first 2 that I did when I unlocked it. I guess I'll have to do the story missions tomorrow and find out.

Zoidberg

Keep your consumables full, and you won't get any more special ammo. It doesn't go to the postmaster either.

Any good loot? We only got pre-how exotics and shitty legendaries :(

Yeah it's just an unnecessary measure each time I want to go farm keys. They need to allow us to delete anything in the inventory, especially if vault space is not being increased until the comet.

Yeah it's just an unnecessary measure each time I want to go farm keys. They need to allow us to delete anything in the inventory, especially if vault space is not being increased until the comet.

Yup. We also can't discard completed bounties. Not that anyone would normally want to discard a completed bounty, but if you want to, you can't.

2 Shitty legendaries weapons. Don't even remember the third haha

Same. 3 legendary weapons, dismantled and forgotten.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Shout out to WipedOut and his non-GAF buddy Elite for rolling my level 31 ass through level 32 POE! Glad I was able to hold my own, lol.

Next time, either of the two things will happen:

1. You will get detained mid-air, and die.
2. Dropping the relic to shoot rocket will spawn the relic back at its original location, and you will wipe.

Either way, death is imminent :p

Death imminent yet unexpected :p

if i were to switch to a rocket then i'll definitely do it with my feet firmly on the ground and a second or two after the shield break.

Ugh. Auto rifles are just terrible. I may as well trying to kiss them to death.

And there goes my coffee :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom