• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeuk

8 more hours in work, it's going to be a long day.

I'll just be happy to get one of my characters to level 33 this week really, a new exotic would be a bonus too.

Jinjo

We do the same, fire rockers as soon as the super is shot. I'm talking about the relic holder getting detained while shooting the super in mid-air.

Ever since bungie patched the templar cheese, the relic can respawn back at the original spot if you drop it for a certain amount of time and/or a particular distance away from the spawn point.

As long as you keep your distance and don't float too long in the air the mid-air detainment should be fine, but you're right. It's the biggest risk of the jump-supering.

I haven't had the relic spawn back at the original spot on me when I dropped it, as long as I stayed within the regular arena it always stayed where I left it.

8 more hours in work, it's going to be a long day.

I'll just be happy to get one of my characters to level 33 this week really, a new exotic would be a bonus too.

Same here! You're still in for some lvl 32 PoE tonight right?
Maybe we should do some of those wanted bounties as well to get some keys ready.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Did...Did I just roll the perfect Scout Rifle!?

Destiny_20150520021658.jpg

For those who can't see, it has full auto and firefly.

Apt101

Got a Violator XII sniper rifle that seems OK. Getting inundated with all kinds of weapons except a good heavy. Still rocking oldschool heavy weapons that are of almost no use aside from last resorts when all other ammo is depleted. Frustrating.

blazeuk

Same here! You're still in for some lvl 32 PoE tonight right?
Maybe we should do some of those wanted bounties as well to get some keys ready.

Yep I'm still in for lvl 32 PoE. I need as many keys as I can get, I've only got 1 for each character right now so I don't mind doing some bounties and maybe another NF run if we get through everything else quickly enough (I don't want to jinx it but I surely can't get anything worse than 12 strange coins).

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i stopped playing destiny a while back. only got to level 29 and stopped as i couldn't get people together to do raids/strikes etc.

i got the expansion pass but just wondering if there it's worth me reinstalling the game. will i be able to level up a bit more on my own or do i still need to do the raids? they sound fun but it's just too time consuming to find players on my own.

ocean

Banned
I've been spoiled by full auto scout rifles ever since Vision of Confluence. And sadly you cannot get both Outlaw and Firefly on the same gun.
The HoW Crucible Vendor had the Saterienne Rapier with Outlaw+Firefly as stock perks. The default perks on the Iron Banner scout were also Ooutlaw and Firefly. I'm pretty sure it's possible to roll that combo.

Full auto, outlaw and Firefly is an impossible trinity though (I think).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
now that i have the last word.... lol

this is the shit i've been getting hit with? no fucking wonder. mine isn't even fully upgraded yet. with stability and the last perk omg

and i rolled a shotgun to blink with

zoba told me this day would come

when i would be dregen yor
i stopped playing destiny a while back. only got to level 29 and stopped as i couldn't get people together to do raids/strikes etc.

i got the expansion pass but just wondering if there it's worth me reinstalling the game. will i be able to level up a bit more on my own or do i still need to do the raids? they sound fun but it's just too time consuming to find players on my own.

its easier to hit level 32 now than ever imo. all of the vendors sell the stuff you need to hit that plateau pretty easy now

Bradach

You'll definitely be able to level up more on your own. They story is worth a playthrough too. Also, there is now matchmaking on the weekly heroic strikes and also the lvl 28 prison of elders activity. There's lots of stuff for you to do without having to arrange anything with anyone.

A_Gorilla

Banned
The HoW Crucible Vendor had the Saterienne Rapier with Outlaw+Firefly as stock perks. The default perks on the Iron Banner scout were also Ooutlaw and Firefly. I'm pretty sure it's possible to roll that combo.

Full auto, outlaw and Firefly is an impossible trinity though (I think).

According to the new upgrade chart via Planetdestiny, Outlaw and firefly now occupy the same possible perk slot on most (all?) weapons and thus will never both appear together anymore.

ocean

Banned
I'd love to reroll vendor primaries but they can never have elemental damage = useless in my books. I'd never use them so don't bother wasting motes on primary for PVE.
I used to play that way but tbh most enemies aren't shielded in the game. Elemental primaries are a must with burns and some encounters heavy with shielded enemies but your element is fairly insignificant in large portions of the game, specially Raids.

Zoidberg

I'd love to reroll vendor primaries but they can never have elemental damage = useless in my books. I'd never use them so don't bother wasting motes on primary for PVE.

Yep. I rolled an awesome Deadshot Luna (Dead Orbit) scout with firefly and full auto. It has an insane RoF and is a really nice gun to use. That is until you come across any sort of shielded mob and then it takes 2+ clips to kill a mob. Non-elemental primaries are sadly a waste outside of pvp.

ocean

Banned
According to the new upgrade chart via Planetdestiny, Outlaw and firefly now occupy the same possible perk slot on most (all?) weapons and thus will never both appear together anymore.
On one hand I'm super happy I kept my Rapier. On the other, totally bummed I didn't grind for its higher impact Iron Banner twin :(

holy shit that 32 cabal boss in poe. all my what

this game gave me 5 legendary shotguns today. smh

also 2 snipers, a crappy blone trauma and the new fulcrum that imma reroll right now

I used to play that way but tbh most enemies aren't shielded in the game. Elemental primaries are a must with burns and some encounters heavy with shielded enemies but your element is fairly insignificant in large portions of the game, specially Raids.

Agreed, but now that Fatebringer, VoC, etc can be ascended, that's another reason not to bother with non-elemental primaries. I don't mind trying out new weapon combinations but at the end of the day come back to the default loadout.

ocean

Banned
I badly need a legendary solar shotgun. Centurions were a pain to deal with...
Any vendors selling solar shotty?
Edit: I can re roll any into being solar. I like this expansion, I'll be mote poor so, so soon.

Manp

Yeah. Haven't tested enough but there seems to either be some sort of element bias for specific weapons or RNG was screwing with me.

I bought the Vanguard sniper and had to roll a dozen times before I got an Arc roll. It started at Void and stayed at Void for like 8 of my re rolls.

best and worst thing about reforging from the gunsmith is you can reroll IB weapons too. man those motes will be burned in no time :|

ocean

Banned
best and worst thing about reforging from the gunsmith is you can reroll IB weapons too. man those motes will be burned in no time :|
You can re roll 331 IB guns? Oh man the poverty...I'll be begging for notes on the streets like some savage guardian.

A_Gorilla

Banned
On one hand I'm super happy I kept my Rapier. On the other, totally bummed I didn't grind for its higher impact Iron Banner twin :(

Trust me, I'm kicking myself for neglecting iron banner for so long (so glad I got the sniper with final round on the last day.).

As for scouts rifles and outlaw/firefly, I feel that when forced to choose between the two I'd always take firefly. Scout Rifles are meant to be used from Mid-Range or farther, and if you're in a situation where you need Outlaw's super-fast reload speed then something has gone horribly horribly wrong. Just my two cents.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i'm only happy that i'll be able to enjoy TLW before the nerf.

this thing is unreal

Yep I'm still in for lvl 32 PoE. I need as many keys as I can get, I've only got 1 for each character right now so I don't mind doing some bounties and maybe another NF run if we get through everything else quickly enough (I don't want to jinx it but I surely can't get anything worse than 12 strange coins).

Yeah good idea, I suggest we do PoE first and after that we can spend the remaining time on either some wanted bounties or a full story/NF run with an alt. I was quite lucky with that Etheric Light drop. please don't give me 12 coins this time.

Apt101

I quit at 25 and recently returned. It is a lot easier to level up and mission content is far more enjoyable and rewarding. Typical growing pains for a game such as this. It's really god now. And hey, ya done paid for it, may as well enjoy the new content.

Manp

You can re roll 331 IB guns? Oh man the poverty...I'll be begging for notes on the streets like some savage guardian.

you fucking can! i already burned so many motes and got shit :|
and i still have 1 timur's lash and 1 efrideet's spear that need to be rolled for something good...

btw, wasn't the speaker supposed to be able to convert all sort of mats into each other? i visited him yesterday and he was still only selling the same crappy stuff as always...

:)

Kreus

Neo Member
CFcKOY9WoAArrWF.jpg:medium

you fucking can! i already burned so many motes and got shit :|
and i still have 1 timur's lash and 1 efrideet's spear that need to be rolled for something good...

btw, wasn't the speaker supposed to be able to convert all sort of mats into each other? i visited him yesterday and he was still only selling the same crappy stuff as always...

:)

You need to have said material on your guardian in order to be able to convert.

Apt101

Level 31, will be level 32 soon. I just wish I could get a good legendary pulse rifle to drop. Thems my shit. I also miss my ragged Warlock look from before. I look all Star Wars-y now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom