• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

DNlhd0e.jpg

Got an awesome Vanguard helmet roll with infusion and a high intellect and discipline, got a dead orbit and new monarchy shade, and hit level 34. Today was a good day.

Are treasure keys used On the chest at the end of the level 28 PoE? I remember a planet destiny video saying the 32, 34 and 35 use them but I finished my first run on 28 and I think I used my only treasure key. Got a sweet new suros regime and queens hand cannon but I'm confused.

Just ran lvl 28 PoE and got red death did a little dance when I saw it pop up so how does it compare to other exotics? does Suros still reign surpreme? Been gone from destiny for too long

Are treasure keys used On the chest at the end of the level 28 PoE? I remember a planet destiny video saying the 32, 34 and 35 use them but I finished my first run on 28 and I think I used my only treasure key. Got a sweet new suros regime and queens hand cannon but I'm confused.
You need the key to open the chest that's found at every level of PoE. Each level of PoE gives you a guarantee drop though. So L32 gives you the armor core and L34 gives you a weapon core + E-light. You get these whether or not you have a key. The key allows you to open the chest which gives you a shot at getting some legendary items. If you have extra keys, you can play PoE as much as you want and use up your keys to open the chest.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I've run Prison of Elders on two characters so far and both times I've gotten exotics on the first (lvl 28) run. Looks like level doesn't matter so long as you have the keys.

ocean

Banned
Just ran lvl 28 PoE and got red death did a little dance when I saw it pop up so how does it compare to other exotics? does Suros still reign surpreme? Been gone from destiny for too long
Oh man, Suros is barely above trash-tier now :/ Bungie messed up and way overdid nerfs to Auto a Rifles and Suros was hit the hardest. Red Death is an excellent weapon. 2-burst kill in PvP if you get headshots, health regen (super useful for PoE where a modifier can remove shield regeneration).

Afterlife

So have any of you tried matchmaking for P28? Wonder how that would go...

I did it on my first play through surprisingly it went well.

Man I'm hyped me and my friends beat the lvl34 arena now I don't know what to use my llight on. Either the vision or fate 😕

A_Gorilla

Banned
Fucking RNG. I spend 50+ motes on the Queen Scout rifle to get it perfect (Autofire + Firefly). The FIRST roll with Her Mercy Hand Cannon I get outlaw and Extended Mag.

Goddamn...

So the smaller chests at the end of level 28 PoE have a chance to drop a treasure key? Wonder if this would be a good farming point for keys? Especially if it only takes ~20 mins to complete

Omni

Earlier today I solo'd 90% of the 32 PoE. Couldn't do the Cabal boss myself with his shields though so I had to get two other people

Maybe once I get to 34

Jinjo

Next time, either of the two things will happen:

1. You will get detained mid-air, and die.
2. Dropping the relic to shoot rocket will spawn the relic back at its original location, and you will wipe.

Either way, death is imminent :p

Number 1 just depends how quick you are lol. And how far away you are from the Templar itself, since the detainment field only comes up when the super connects. When a relic wielder says he is using is super I always fire a rocket straight after the super leaves the relic. So the rocket is long gone before the super drops the shield and detainment field comes up. And it will hit for damage since the rocket hits after the shield has been dropped.

Number 2 is not true, sorry. I was sherpa'ing my buddies through hard templar last week and since we were down on people (just 4 of us and I was the only level 32) and Gjallarhorns I had to join in on the damage. So after I supered I smashed their detainment shields, dropped the relic, and fired my gjallarhorn. You can easily get 2 rockets off + reload before having to pick up the relic again (and it never left the spot where I dropped it).

Number 1 just depends how quick you are lol. And how far away you are from the Templar itself, since the detainment field only comes up when the super connects. When a relic wielder says he is using is super I always fire a rocket straight after the super leaves the relic. So the rocket is long gone before the super drops the shield and detainment field comes up. And it will hit for damage since the rocket hits after the shield has been dropped.

Number 2 is not true, sorry. I was sherpa'ing my buddies through hard templar last week and since we were down on people (just 4 of us and I was the only level 32) and Gjallarhorns I had to join in on the damage. So after I supered I smashed their detainment shields, dropped the relic, and fired my gjallarhorn. You can easily get 2 rockets off + reload before having to pick up the relic again (and it never left the spot where I dropped it).

We do the same, fire rockers as soon as the super is shot. I'm talking about the relic holder getting detained while shooting the super in mid-air.

Ever since bungie patched the templar cheese, the relic can respawn back at the original spot if you drop it for a certain amount of time and/or a particular distance away from the spawn point.

Anyone wants to do story (for key) and then PoE ?
I have only done the story with one character.

Yeah I have to finish story with one character as well. In an hour's time?

Frenden

Banned
Hit 33. Had a particularly nasty hive round with light switch, but we wiped twice, beat it, and I got two legendaries and a few tokens for cosmetic junk.

The warlock arms are kinda fugly. The hunter ones look rad, though.

Waldini

So I don't have much time doing HoW.

Did the NF yesterday. Got a Legendary Engram which turned into a weapon I already had :( My 11th G-Horn. Jesus.

Can someone enlighten me?

The level 35 PoE gives you the Exotic Bounty? Level 32 PoE drops Armor/Weapon Core? Level 28 is just for fun and a chance at Exotics?

Cause I need some sort of game-plan ...

Weapon reforging confuses me, I know bad perks, but never know best combinations to go for.

I have Shotguns and Wolves' Bane, and I primarily PVE.

I could roll all my motes away and probably miss "the one"

Feorax

Ok, so finished up the story and did matchmaking PoE lv28, and was rewarded with Gjallarhorn number 2.

Im loving this expansion so far. Feels like all of a sudden there's so much more to do.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
people need to take reforging for a spin. its too cheap not to
dunno if i like prison if elders yet. feels like an amusement park ride.

The maps are... odd. I might just need to get used to it but the Hive one in particular just feels off for no reason.

Mines are just irritating too :|

ocean

Banned
Haven't done any reforging yet, but if I reforge a special/heavy weapon, it's possible it will change the elemental damage, correct?
Yeah. Haven't tested enough but there seems to either be some sort of element bias for specific weapons or RNG was screwing with me.

I bought the Vanguard sniper and had to roll a dozen times before I got an Arc roll. It started at Void and stayed at Void for like 8 of my re rolls.

I ended up with a great PvP roll. It's got Shortgaze, Spray and Play (quick reload when out of ammo), a stability upgrade and performance bonus (ammo on kills). High RoF/stability/reload is a beauty, loved it for this week's Nightfall despite lowish impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom