• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonCha

So I'm wondering if it's even worth me buying the first expansion or going straight to House of Wolves? As a level 24 it doesn't seem like I'm missing out on too much content now HoW is out.

Also, I've noted in the guide that after getting (for me) two pieces of Legendary armour I need to go for an exotic armour piece. I'm guessing most people have a legendary armour set with one exotic piece somewhere, as you can only equip one right? And does that limit cover weapons and armour?

Has anyone got an exotic from the main chest on PoE28 after their first run? I got one the first time but have only been getting Queen's weapons three runs later. Didn't get an exotic on 32 either.

X-Frame

Can I just say how great it is that leveling up new HoW gear is so quick and barely requires any materials?

With like 500 glimmer and 8 mats to fully level an armor piece, there is no longer any reason to feel bad about "wasting" resources on something new that may not be your ideal roll.

phen0m24

Can I just say how great it is that leveling up new HoW gear is so quick and barely requires any materials?

With like 500 glimmer and 8 mats to fully level an armor piece, there is no longer any reason to feel bad about "wasting" resources on something new that may not be your ideal roll.

We have to finish those missions and bust out some PoE! Fun times last night - sorry I was quite exhausted. :p

Can anyone direct me to the correct places for the light blue queens bounties

Hall of Wisdom go to Archer's Line, the middle hive entrance with the 2 knights, drop down and they're at the entrance to Shrine of Orix.

The Cinders is the glitched area of Winter strike, you need to enter the Ktech.

The last one I can't remember the name, but it's the entrance to the Archive, the Simiks-3 bounty area. The ones you want are on the upper lever.

Tawpgun

Random fallen themed weapon OR armor piece.

Seems like a poor choice to do, at least early on. Unless you're desperate I guess.

Couple things.

1. Found out that the adds in the Valus Traug (recalibrating shield dude) only respawn when you knock out the boss shields and he changes them. Umm... that would have been nice to know last night lol. We beat it regardless but goddamn.

2. So Treasure Key's aren't a guaranteed reward? I think its silly they aren't guaranteed to an extent. Farming wolves gets old quick.I think every week Variks should offer a quest (or just to buy) that rewards a key. OR completing any prison of elders thing (maybe aside from the matchmaking one) gives you a key once a week.

Omni

Level 34 conquered. Thanks for the tips, guys. GAF crew did it just fine.

I can get my Titan to 34 now. Don't know if I should, since I don't want to use the ugly Raid shoulderpieces.

Or I could ascend my Warlock's chest piece, get her to 33. Decisions decisions.

Yeah, that wasn't too bad at all. Titans are obviously the best class

Owensboro

Man, Yesterday was freaking crazy for me on a loot front. I decrypted all those engrams and ended up with a Purple Hat and Chest, then was able to use my 200 Vanguard points to get the Arms and Legs (thank god they removed the commendations). Boom - instant level from 26 to 32. I feel like I've completely cheated the system.....but at the same time am thrilled I can actually do the harder stuff now! That was, of course, until I found out the Weekly Nightfall was expansion only. What a bummer.... Now to fix this whole horrible weapon situation and try out the Vault of Glass!

And I know I'm very late to this whole Destiny party, but yesterday I got punted across a room by a Cabal and laughed for probably 30 seconds and finally got the "Triple Play" trophy playing Salvage (I like Salvage! Why isn't it a constant mode!)

Wow

Last night was pure fun! Starting the night by opening over 100 engrams felt like Christmas! Got 4-5 HOW purples. Then doing the new story missions was really fun.

POE!!

Me and my buddy decided to two man 32 POE.

This was some of the most fun I have had in Destiny in a long time!

Grabbed my armor core and the gauntlets and bam 33!

I love this game.

Yeah I had a great day yesterday too. Can't wait for this 4 day weekend I got coming up to really get into it. Destiny is my favorite game ever hands down.

spyder_ur

Seems like a poor choice to do, at least early on. Unless you're desperate I guess.

Couple things.

1. Found out that the adds in the Valus Traug (recalibrating shield dude) only respawn when you knock out the boss shields and he changes them. Umm... that would have been nice to know last night lol. We beat it regardless but goddamn.

I didn't realize that, although I'm not really sure how that changes the strategy, you have to knock his shields down at some point. Maybe you clear adds at your own pace avoiding Valus and then absolutely unleash on him at one time? Kinda what we ended up doing anyways.

2. So Treasure Key's aren't a guaranteed reward? I think its silly they aren't guaranteed to an extent. Farming wolves gets old quick.I think every week Variks should offer a quest (or just to buy) that rewards a key. OR completing any prison of elders thing (maybe aside from the matchmaking one) gives you a key once a week.

It's totally inexplicable to me. There is no way someone should do the 32 level PoE and not get a chance at the big chest just because they didn't feel like farming public events or they weren't lucky enough to get a key if they did farm them. And I actually liked doing them alot.

LTWood12

Loved playing level 32 PoE last night w/ Hawkian & T-44. Hawkian saved our asses at the last possible second a couple of times. Don't think we ever wiped though!

Still have to take two characters through 32, but I'm thinking about doing 34 PoE on my Titan at lunch today (in about 3 hours).

Haven't gotten any etheric light yet, but I'm wondering if I might just save it until next week so I can know what to use it on. That way I'd absolutely be level 34 come Tuesday. Thought?

123rl

Got an Etheric Light from Nightfall and waited about 10 seconds before...Fatebringer 365.

I'm really tempted to do the same with my first Etheric. I'm mid way through 32 so that's ok for now. I want a max Fatebringer though!

Is it a big increase over the normal one?

SkylineRKR

I didn't realize that, although I'm not really sure how that changes the strategy, you have to knock his shields down at some point. Maybe you clear adds at your own pace avoiding Valus and then absolutely unleash on him at one time? Kinda what we ended up doing anyways.

It's totally inexplicable to me. There is no way someone should do the 32 level PoE and not get a chance at the big chest just because they didn't feel like farming public events or they weren't lucky enough to get a key if they did farm them. And I actually liked doing them alot.

What if first chest of the week is free, and keys are for subsequent runs for those dedicated enough?

HigXx

Haven't gotten any etheric light yet, but I'm wondering if I might just save it until next week so I can know what to use it on. That way I'd absolutely be level 34 come Tuesday. Thought?

Thinking of doing the same, knowing my luck Id upgrade my chest and Variks will be selling it next week. Lv34 PoE is perfectly doable as a 33 so im saving my Etheric Light

willow ve

How much of the House of Wolves can be accomplished while holding a sleeping 1 week old on your lap? Baby came early - apparently didn't want me to marathon Destiny today.

X-Frame

We have to finish those missions and bust out some PoE! Fun times last night - sorry I was quite exhausted. :p

Haha, I was exhausted too. I've been sick this past week too so I'm not feeling too hot today. Not sure how long I can play tonight but I'm totally down to continue with any more missions and the bounties, and of course PoE if there is time and not too late!

border

The final boss of PoE32 -- can you keep his shields down if you sustain damage on him? I couldn't tell if the shields were just auto-recharging or if they can be held down indefinitely.

The final boss of PoE32 -- can you keep his shields down if you sustain damage on him? I couldn't tell if the shields were just auto-recharging or if they can be held down indefinitely.

They recharge automatically when he recalibrates them. You need to focus fire him when they're down.

Shito

I still think using our first etheric lights on weapons is a mistake.
I'll have to be really strong not to upgrade my A.1F19X-RYL with firefly once I get my first one, though... ^^

Navy Bean

I'm really tempted to do the same with my first Etheric. I'm mid way through 32 so that's ok for now. I want a max Fatebringer though!

Is it a big increase over the normal one?

It's awesome - plus HoW is heavy on Arc shields. Unless you have a desperate need to try the 35 PoE asap I'd say upgrade the gun and have fun destroying stuff...

BokehKing

Banned
I'll have to be really strong not to upgrade my A.1F19X-RYL with firefly once I get my first one, though... ^^
Definitely a mistake, especially when you can use shards to get exotics to 365

Ill probably use Etheric Light in my Crota boots so I can have more heavy ammo

Arrrammis

So I'm wondering if it's even worth me buying the first expansion or going straight to House of Wolves? As a level 24 it doesn't seem like I'm missing out on too much content now HoW is out.

Also, I've noted in the guide that after getting (for me) two pieces of Legendary armour I need to go for an exotic armour piece. I'm guessing most people have a legendary armour set with one exotic piece somewhere, as you can only equip one right? And does that limit cover weapons and armour?

If you have to choose one of the expansions, I'd go for HoW. CE was ok, but now that you fan play all of the PvP maps (and other stuff I think?), it's probably not worth $20.

Get an exotic if you can (they're the easiest way to get to higher levels) but keep working towards legendaries (go for one of the vendors if you haven't already, and buy their gear). You can only equip one exotic armor and one exotic weapon at a time. If by cover weapons/armor you mean customization, it was really bad before HoW(as in only 2 possible armor sets available to bring you to max level), but HoW solves that. If you find a piece of legendary armor that you like, you can use etheric light(from nightfall/PoE/random drops) to upgrade that armor to max level, meaning there is almost limitless possibilities for HoW (pun pun pun) your character can look.

I agree.

I can't do legendary weapons first. Gotta get that level 34 on all characters then comes the weapons. The VoG weapons are the first I'll ascend VoC, PR, FB then branch out from there.

spyder_ur

What if first chest of the week is free, and keys are for subsequent runs for those dedicated enough?

That would be totally fine with me - I feel like that was the assumption most of us were operating under when we were farming, not that we were farming just for the ability to get rewards on first completion.

Anyone tried out Her Mercy yet? Picked it up last night with Replenish (refill magazine when casting Super, which seems meh) and Hidden Hand. Are these perks standards or randomized? I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a reroll.

Shito

I can't do legendary weapons first. Gotta get that level 34 on all characters then comes the weapons. The VoG weapons are the first I'll ascend VoC, PR, FB then branch out from there.
Yeah, once I start levelling up legendary weapons, it'll be a hard choice who will be the first between my firefly A.1F19X-RYL and VoC.
Just got PR this weekend (in the same run I got VoC in, lucky lucky!), though: is it really that good? I was thinking of upgrading Black Hammer for my second weapon...

And yeah, as you can guess, I don't have Fatebringer yet. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom