• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haybro

I'm still so excited I got this I had to post it again! :p

Topped off a night (and early morning) of pretty decent loot I would say. Got a 365 Monte Carlo, a 3rd Hypehorn, the new Admonisher (Arc) with tracking, a cool Scout rifle from the Reef Cryptarch and a few other things. Also upgraded my Hawkmoon, Thunderlord, one of my other Hypehorns and Icebreaker all to 365. No etheric light yet but I have upgraded a few of my exotic helms to 36 light.

Nice! My hunter has the same gauntlets and shader right now. Did you guys manage to clear PoE last night?

So I'm trying to run through the story missions again on my other characters so I can get them access to the PoE so I can get some loot to throw at my main character so I can upgrade him well enough to run the high level PoE stuff.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nothing all that cheesy here. They're all level 34 presumably with maxed Ghorns
So I'm trying to run through the story missions again on my other characters so I can get them access to the PoE so I can get some loot to throw at my main character so I can upgrade him well enough to run the high level PoE stuff.
You can seriously run through tons of it, just like the TDB missions.

Dave_6

Nice! My hunter has the same gauntlets and shader right now. Did you guys manage to clear PoE last night?

Me, stb and Verde just ran the 28 one once but we cleared it fairly easily. It was late so we didn't attempt another one or the harder ones. I've still got to do the story and NF with my Titan.

Seems like a poor choice to do, at least early on. Unless you're desperate I guess.

Couple things.

1. Found out that the adds in the Valus Traug (recalibrating shield dude) only respawn when you knock out the boss shields and he changes them. Umm... that would have been nice to know last night lol. We beat it regardless but goddamn.

2. So Treasure Key's aren't a guaranteed reward? I think its silly they aren't guaranteed to an extent. Farming wolves gets old quick.I think every week Variks should offer a quest (or just to buy) that rewards a key. OR completing any prison of elders thing (maybe aside from the matchmaking one) gives you a key once a week.
will thorn keep him from recharging his shields?

LTWood12

Was fucking great. I still can't believe we didn't wipe. Stealth saved my life, allowed me to pull off revives, and objectives, countless times. And a Defender is crucial as well of course. There were times when we just had to huddle in the bubble getting barraged on all sides and decide on our next move.

I'm in for 34 at lunch if you are!

There had to have been a couple of times where one more hit and you'd have been toast. You were booking it across that map!

Sounds good. I'll keep you posted. 2 hours from right now let's do it unless you hear from me otherwise, so 11:40 CDT.

Finally got my Vanguard rep to rank 2 and picked up the boots which got me to 28. Need to finish up some marks so I can grab the chest piece as well and not feel so noobish. When is a good time to start working on Dead Orbit? I still need to get my Crucible rep up to 2 but I am assuming going Dead Orbit after Vanguard/Crucible is at rank 2 is a good idea?

Kor, when are you going to do them? i'll join you if you're looking for a group.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There had to have been a couple of times where one more hit and you'd have been toast. You were booking it across that map!

Sounds good. I'll keep you posted. 2 hours from right now let's do it unless you hear from me otherwise, so 11:40 CDT.
No doubt, also full kudos to Crest of Alpha Lupi for making some of those revives possible. I urge everyone to keep their class' version on hand (Light Beyond Nemesis for Warlock) it makes a huge difference. Yeah yeah blah blah we shouldn't be dying in the first place. It's gonna happen. Plus it makes more orbs anyway.
Finally got my Vanguard rep to rank 2 and picked up the boots which got me to 28. Need to finish up some marks so I can grab the chest piece as well and not feel so noobish. When is a good time to start working on Dead Orbit? I still need to get my Crucible rep up to 2 but I am assuming going Dead Orbit after Vanguard/Crucible is at rank 2 is a good idea?
Well sure- the DO vendor presumably has something you want?

zewone

My two new PvP snipers. I can't wait to try them out.

Hidden Hand and Unflinching just seems like it's going to destroy.

2HQdAt4.jpg

This one has a faster RoF, larger magazine, and with perks will have 100% stability.

Tawpgun

I didn't realize that, although I'm not really sure how that changes the strategy, you have to knock his shields down at some point. Maybe you clear adds at your own pace avoiding Valus and then absolutely unleash on him at one time? Kinda what we ended up doing anyways.

It's totally inexplicable to me. There is no way someone should do the 32 level PoE and not get a chance at the big chest just because they didn't feel like farming public events or they weren't lucky enough to get a key if they did farm them. And I actually liked doing them alot.

We tried taking out the adds but with juggler on and so many yellow bars we basically always kept hiding and on the move until we were ready to lay into the boss. I was the main spawn anchor as a inviso hunter, with a sunsinger having fireborn ready as a last resort. Our Titan bubbled it up too. Great combination of abilities.

Yeah I forgot who made the comment about Gjally not being that good in HoW but yeah thats all noise. First exotic i upgraded was gjally and it melts those bosses. Cleared 32 last night cant wait to try 34 tonight! Fatebringer is first legendary to be upgraded after I get 34. Even at 300 it still destroys. Dunno how anyone was using anything else but that. I was running Fatebringer\new fallen pistol\gjally all night

No doubt, also full kudos to Crest of Alpha Lupi for making some of those revives possible. I urge everyone to keep their class' version on hand (Light Beyond Nemesis for Warlock) it makes a huge difference. Yeah yeah blah blah we shouldn't be dying in the first place. It's gonna happen. Plus it makes more orbs anyway.

Well sure- the DO vendor presumably has something you want?

I'm partial to scout rifles, so the Deadshot Luna has been tempting me with its gaze.

Tawpgun

What's the best roll for Deadshot Luna?

Mine has Full Auto and some other perk.

Ideally I'd have full auto, firefly, and some stability perk. Maybe outlaw. Is that possible?

BokehKing

Banned
Running through the story missions on level 28 just to unlock prison of elders on my warlock

If anyone wants to join in

Psn-devilsadvocat631

Lvl 28 chest is legit.

Got Gjallarhorn, ETERNAL WARRIOR exotic titan helm and Her Right Hand assault rifle!

Triple drop! 2 exotics and one legendary!

Had no idea that armor could drop from the chests. Fuck yeah!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's the best roll for Deadshot Luna?

Mine has Full Auto and some other perk.

Ideally I'd have full auto, firefly, and some stability perk. Maybe outlaw. Is that possible?
Full auto takes the spot Outlaw would be in.
I'm partial to scout rifles, so the Deadshot Luna has been tempting me with its gaze.
I got one in a package to play with, definitely looks like a fun little weapon

It's totally inexplicable to me. There is no way someone should do the 32 level PoE and not get a chance at the big chest just because they didn't feel like farming public events or they weren't lucky enough to get a key if they did farm them. And I actually liked doing them alot.

Me, stb and Verde just ran the 28 one once but we cleared it fairly easily. It was late so we didn't attempt another one or the harder ones. I've still got to do the story and NF with my Titan.

Congrats on the drops Dave! I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to run with you guys yesterday. I'll be on tonight and I still have to do a 32, a few 34s, and 35s if any of you are around.

The treasure key mechanic really is baffling. It's also strange that the chest reward seems identical from 28 through 34. I imagine 35 is different since we haven't seen new exotic weapons yet?

Cool I'll be on at the same time we began yesterday and for a few hours after that. I can be a Titan or Lock/Hunter (if we do PoE32 first so those classes can reach 33). Whatever works!

Alright I won't be on until 5.5 hours from now so I'll check what your status is around then. I'm guessing you'll have at least 1x L34 to do still and we can easily find a 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom