• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

Question, do we know if the actual environment of the way each enemy type's arena is laid out will change or is that set?

Also, I wonder if the points of "defuse" will change locations if it is a set environment, but just set for the week (I doubt it but just curious). Regardless, I like that one time I sat right on Point A and they totally spawned it on the opposite side.

I feel like they really tested this DLC and put as much anti cheese as they can to where they don't want you to stand in one place for too long and that's awesome.

The sets seem fixed every reset. Check the advisors tabs on bungie.net or the app. It list the stage and the modifiers.

Quick question:

When the bounty vendor has "stock refreshes in x amount of time" does that mean he will not have new bounties for you until then regardless whether you complete your current ones?

Currect. Bounties are set for the day and they go away as you complete them and never replenish during the 24 Hour period. Once that time hits they all get replenished.

Best part of the whole HoW

I would have ran through the whole raid in 'hold your hand house of wolves' mode

I think it's great for all the people who never ran VoG, to at least go in there once
I completely agree. That mission was great. Like you said, for those who haven't run VOG, they get to see a bit of what they're missing. That and we get to enjoy just how brute force the Fallen are in comparison to the Vex.

Hey guys im a little confused, i just finished that first coop mission, prison of elders i think and i have no missions or bounties availble since yesterday. Am i missing something?

sajj316

Hey guys,

First time posting in this OT!

PSN is sajj316

Did 28 and 32 Prison of Elders last night, not bad. Got a Gjallarhorn in the Treasure area (first time). Shy of a 33 rank and trying 34 tonight.

What are your recommended weapons to Ascend?

Best way to get Treasure Keys. The HoW bounties?

NinjaBoiX

Currect. Bounties are set for the day and they go away as you complete them and never replenish during the 24 Hour period. Once that time hits they all get replenished.
Boo!

Well that's me done with my Hunter for today then.

I just started a new build to complement my Warlock, because when I reached 20 I realised I was a fair way behind my reputation. I want to do it right this time!

Hey guys,

First time posting in this OT!

PSN is sajj316

Did 28 and 32 Prison of Elders last night, not bad. Got a Gjallarhorn in the Treasure area (first time). Shy of a 33 rank and trying 34 tonight.

What are your recommended weapons to Ascend?

Best way to get Treasure Keys. The HoW bounties?

Welcome!
I think the popular choices around here are Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Gjallarhorn and maybe Icebreaker and I can't agree more.
The best way to get the Treasure Keys is indeed farming the chests that spawn at the locations of the HoW bounties. It is not necessary to have the bounties in your inventory to farm the chest. The Citadel and Ember Caves are probably still the best areas to farm the chests for Keys. Other ways are a lucky drop in PoE and completing the story missions on each character.

Shito

He's up to round 4 already...and here I was happy being level 33.
Coming back from my lunch break I see he's now at the final boss.
Reminder for people who enjoy crazy people: this guy is currently soloing PoE35.

First time doing Prison of Elders, got a Gjallarhorn at the end lol. Now if only I cared about rocket launchers...
This will make you love them.
This is the best weapon in the game (as in "the one that does the much damage").

Man, my break from Destiny sure has made me rusty. Fig had to carry me thorugh 32 PoE last night, and I got better drops than she did.

Feel kinda bad - thanks Fig! :D

Welcome!
I think the popular choices around here are Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Gjallarhorn and maybe Icebreaker and I can't agree more.
The best way to get the Treasure Keys indeed farming the chests that spawn at the locations of the HoW bounties. It is not necessary to have the bounties in your inventory to farm the chest. The Citadel and Ember Caves are probably still the best areas to farm the chests for Keys.
I haven't really farmed anywhere besides Skywatch since I don't know the locations of the chests anywhere else. What makes Ember Caves and The Citadel the best spots?

Level 34 conquered. Thanks for the tips, guys. GAF crew did it just fine.

I can get my Titan to 34 now. Don't know if I should, since I don't want to use the ugly Raid shoulderpieces.

Or I could ascend my Warlock's chest piece, get her to 33. Decisions decisions.

Shito

I haven't really farmed anywhere besides Skywatch since I don't know the locations of the chests anywhere else. What makes Ember Caves and The Citadel the best spots?
They are right next to each other, so you have chances of hitting one right after finishing the first one.
I do love Skywatch, though, especially when the chest spawns right at the entrance: that makes it so you can easily open it 4 times.

1) They're fairly close to each other, so if you spread out with a team you won't have to wait at one location for it to start.
2) There are some favorable chest spawns that enable you to get the chest 3 and sometimes 4 times.
3) A Heavy Pike spawns in the Ember Caves > nothing to do with keys but definitely increases the fun.
4) You can go to these locations with a 6 man fireteam and have some more fun.

LkPr

This had probably been answered ... as long as I farm keys can we get the lvl 28 PoE chest unlimited amount of times per week?

sajj316

Welcome!
The best way to get the Treasure Keys is indeed farming the chests that spawn at the locations of the HoW bounties. It is not necessary to have the bounties in your inventory to farm the chest. The Citadel and Ember Caves are probably still the best areas to farm the chests for Keys. Other ways are a lucky drop in PoE and completing the story missions on each character.

Thanks. Regarding the HoW events and treasure chests, is this a permanent thing or just part of HoW launch? I assume it's a temp thing.

The Citadel is fine. Ember Caves can be annoying. Multiple times running into a public event will a HoW event occurs.

Thanks. Regarding the HoW events and treasure chests, is this a permanent thing or just part of HoW launch? I assume it's a temp thing.

The Citadel is fine. Ember Caves can be annoying. Multiple times running into a public event will a HoW event occurs.

It seems to be a permanent event, considering it will be the greatest source for Treasure Keys. Also, Petra gives out these bounties that are coupled to these events making it more likely that it is permanent. I might be wrong though.

Level 34 conquered. Thanks for the tips, guys. GAF crew did it just fine.

I can get my Titan to 34 now. Don't know if I should, since I don't want to use the ugly Raid shoulderpieces.

Or I could ascend my Warlock's chest piece, get her to 33. Decisions decisions.

I usually don't like the all Strength, but... with Brawler now, it makes me think about a Strength build more than before. Intellect Strength isn't a bad combo especially for Hunters who need an ideal stealth build.

With that being said, I don't mind the current Gloves you can get when you complete the L32 PoE + an ascended exotic to get to L33. ALSO. L34 PoE as you've witnessed is possible and challenging but feels good. I'd probably get that 1 char to L34 if you want to attempt L35. Otherwise, it'd be damn hard to pass up Fatebringer 24/7/365

SkylineRKR

If Bungie is smart they sell keys for money. I bet a lot of players would purchase 5 keys for 10 bucks for 5 shots. Ofcourse dem lowering drop rates lol.

Shito

4) You can go to these locations with a 6 man fireteam and have some more fun.
Yeah, right, forgot about this but this is probably the main reason why Venus is so popular for chest farming.

So can you run PoE time after time trying to get keys to drop or is there a lock out on key drops along with the armored cores?
You can farm for keys as much as you want, be it from bounty chests or PoE.

Bradach

Is there any reason to save a key for a particular chest. for example should I keep my key for the chest at the highest level I can manage?

Wow

Last night was pure fun! Starting the night by opening over 100 engrams felt like Christmas! Got 4-5 HOW purples. Then doing the new story missions was really fun.

POE!!

Me and my buddy decided to two man 32 POE.

This was some of the most fun I have had in Destiny in a long time!

Grabbed my armor core and the gauntlets and bam 33!

I love this game.

Any list of good vendor weapons to buy from the Tower?

I got to buy two vanguard weapons, and two weapons from any of the crucible vendors in the tower.

That dead orbit scout rifle is incredible. I bought it yesterday and it fires very very fast and also has good impact. Also the perks are good for PvP.

Only thing that would make it better for PvE would be firefly.

I got it from a DO package and rerolled it to get Firefly. Definitely best in class as far as HoW legendaries go.

Rest of the vendor weapons dont really entice me at all.

Wilde

So I received etheric light from my first two nightfalls! Still trying to decide what is the best course of action. Like if it would be better to get 2 characters to 33, or one to 34 first.

Then of course it's deciding which to get to 34...

Shito

Is there any reason to save a key for a particular chest. for example should I keep my key for the chest at the highest level I can manage?
From what I understand, they're all the same.
This may be a little bit too soon to be totally certain about that, though, so try to at least keep one key safe if we ever find out higher PoE can yield crazier rewards... :)

ocean

Banned
I usually don't like the all Strength, but... with Brawler now, it makes me think about a Strength build more than before. Intellect Strength isn't a bad combo especially for Hunters who need an ideal stealth build.

With that being said, I don't mind the current Gloves you can get when you complete the L32 PoE + an ascended exotic to get to L33. ALSO. L34 PoE as you've witnessed is possible and challenging but feels good. I'd probably get that 1 char to L34 if you want to attempt L35. Otherwise, it'd be damn hard to pass up Fatebringer 24/7/365
Hey man, would you be up for more PoE32 tonight? Got two more characters. Or I could take the 33 Titan for a PoE34 spin if you're up for it!

Here here ..

Last night, ran with Warlock, Titan, and Hunter. The beauty of Prison of Elders has shown .. using self res, Titan bubbles, Hunter invisibility ... was a magical thing.

Thanks Bungie!

Exactly. Every class stands out and having 1 of each is magical indeed. Having 2 warlocks and 1 Hunter was still doable but took a but we basically had to have our backs to each other which was pretty damn awesome.

So...to get to 34..

Are people just going with whatever new armor drops from, wherever? I got a full set of armor from legendary engrams. I think it looks...lame.

But are people just going with those pieces of whatever to get to 34? I'm a little confused on this point.

Bradach

From what I understand, they're all the same.
This may be a little bit too soon to be totally certain about that, though, so try to at least keep one key safe if we ever find out higher PoE can yield crazier rewards... :)

thanks for the info. I only have one key (from the story completion!). I'll have to do some farming or something. I'm not sure I like this key mechanic.

Hey man, would you be up for more PoE32 tonight? Got two more characters. Or I could take the 33 Titan for a PoE34 spin if you're up for it!

Hey I'm up for a L34 run with our 33s! I want that etheric light haha. I did it once on my 3rd char and it was great. I have the strat down if we have at least 1 Warlock and 1 Hunter.

rNilla

So...to get to 34..

Are people just going with whatever new armor drops from, wherever? I got a full set of armor from legendary engrams. I think it looks...lame.

But are people just going with those pieces of whatever to get to 34? I'm a little confused on this point.
Those still need to be ascended with Etheric Light so really you can go with whatever you want.

Only the PoE armor starts at Light Level 42 and you can get one of those a week (whatever piece is for sale) with an Armor Core.

Oh, or Trials of Osiris armor will also get you to 34 without ascension.

Carl

So...to get to 34..

I'm not sure. I might just go with whatever looks good

Those still need to be ascended with Etheric Light so really you can go with whatever you want.

Only the PoE armor starts at Light Level 42 and you can get one of those a week (whatever piece is for sale) with an Armor Core.

Oh! So that's what the armor cores are for.

I got one last night so I guess I can put it to use. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom