• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Hey I'm up for a L34 run with our 33s! I want that etheric light haha. I did it once on my 3rd char and it was great. I have the strat down if we have at least 1 Warlock and 1 Hunter.
Cool I'll be on at the same time we began yesterday and for a few hours after that. I can be a Titan or Lock/Hunter (if we do PoE32 first so those classes can reach 33). Whatever works!

Manp

So...to get to 34..

Are people just going with whatever new armor drops from, wherever? I got a full set of armor from legendary engrams. I think it looks...lame.

But are people just going with those pieces of whatever to get to 34? I'm a little confused on this point.

you get the 42 light gauntlets from the fallen dude in the reef after completing poe32, you ascend on exotic armor and, once you get your hands on 2 etheric lights, you ascend whatever 2 piece of legendary armor you like the most to get to 34.

Shito

thanks for the info. I only have one key (from the story completion!). I'll have to do some farming or something. I'm not sure I like this key mechanic.
There are quite a few ways to get keys, so you will eventually get some, even without farming for them. For example yesterday I was doing the daily, and as I arrived in Skywatch I found myself in the middle of a bounty event. Helped the people there clear it out because why the hell not, and I got a Token of Identity and a Key from the chest. These happy accidents can happen quite regularly now.
If you are not into farming much, just see the key mechanic as some kind of bonus thing, with the real guaranteed rewards being cores / etheric light.

flkraven

Ran through the story last night after work and did the level 28 PoE. This is by far my favorite Destiny experience. I've been very negative towards Destiny during my time playing, but everything about this DLC has me hooked. The story missions were great, prison of elders was a blast, and even the key grinding is somewhat relaxing, lol.

I have 2 more keys, so I would love to try the level 32 PoE if anyone is interested. I am on XB1 and I will be able to play around 6PM EST. GT: flkRaven

Namikaze1

Defender Titans really shine in the 34 boss fight. Throw down a Blessing of Light and have everyone jump in and out of it during the magma floor phase.

Also, gonna save my weapon core for next week. Only want one of each PoE weapon.

I usually don't like the all Strength, but... with Brawler now, it makes me think about a Strength build more than before. Intellect Strength isn't a bad combo especially for Hunters who need an ideal stealth build.

With that being said, I don't mind the current Gloves you can get when you complete the L32 PoE + an ascended exotic to get to L33. ALSO. L34 PoE as you've witnessed is possible and challenging but feels good. I'd probably get that 1 char to L34 if you want to attempt L35. Otherwise, it'd be damn hard to pass up Fatebringer 24/7/365

Yeah. I've decided I'm gonna try and get the full PoE set for my Titan, ascend my Warlock's VoG gear and ascend my Hunter's CE gear. Really don't like the look of the other gear for Hunters and Warlocks.

Fatebringer can wait. At 300 dmg it still did plenty of good in PoE. The level 35 can wait, as well.

Bradach

There are quite a few ways to get keys, so you will eventually get some, even without farming for them. For example yesterday I was doing the daily, and as I arrived in Skywatch I found myself in the middle of a bounty event. Helped the people there clear it out because why the hell not, and I got a Token of Identity and a Key from the chest. These happy accidents can happen quite regularly now.
If you are not into farming much, just see the key mechanic as some kind of bonus thing, with the real guaranteed rewards being cores / etheric light.

That's probably a good way to look at it. As well as the cores / etheric light is there also a roll at exotic loot tables when you complete PoE? Could a gjallahorn drop along with an armor core for example? Or are those (gjallahorn) drops (for PoE) now only at the chests?

Cruxist

So, what's the fastest way to hit 34?

Run 32 PoE, buy the armor piece, ascend an exotic, run 34, ascend a legendary?

I'm trying to get my Titan up to 34 before my alts.

Haybro

Do the armor cores drop each time you clear PoE 32 with a key on the same character, or is that a once a week item?

Also, had a blast yesterday. Managed to clear 3 NFs, 2 story runs, and PoE 32 twice with only 1 or 2 wipes during PoE. No new exotics, but I've got a ton of new legendaries to play around with. It's overwhelming at this point!

Next up is 34 PoE i guess...

ocean

Banned

Exotic + PoE 32 Gauntlets + Ascended Legendary with Etheric Light from PoE 34 will get you almost there.

You'd still need to upgrade another Legendary using a second Etheric Light. If you have multiple characters it should be no biggie though :)

Shito

That's probably a good way to look at it. As well as the cores / etheric light is there also a roll at exotic loot tables when you complete PoE? Could a gjallahorn drop along with an armor core for example? Or are those (gjallahorn) drops (for PoE) now only at the chests?
Exotic chance only at the big chest, it seems.
BUT, that chance seems to be crazy good right now. Like better than we ever had yet. Even read about people getting two exotics at once on it...

Do the armor cores drop each time you clear PoE 32 with a key on the same character, or is that a once a week item?
Only once a week. The drop is separate from the chests/key thing.

Also, had a blast yesterday. Managed to clear 3 NFs, 2 story runs, and PoE 32 twice with only 1 or 2 wipes during PoE. No new exotics, but I've got a ton of new legendaries to play around with. It's overwhelming at this point!

Do you have a group? I'm trying to knock out 34 PoE soon, I did 32 three times.
-

I should be level 34 by Saturday hopefully. One exotic, one PoE gear, ascend one gear (get etheric light from PoE 34), and one trials of osiris gear. Then I can try level 35 PoE later this weekend.

spyder_ur

Yup that was fun, if a whole lot of Destiny though.

If you're around, I'm up for giving the 34 PoE a run tonight - it sounds like it is definitely doable with a group of 33s?

Cruxist

Exotic + PoE 32 Gauntlets + Ascended Legendary with Etheric Light from PoE 34 will get you almost there.

You'd still need to upgrade another Legendary using a second Etheric Light. If you have multiple characters it should be no biggie though :)

Ok cool, that's what I thought. Ran through the story last night, had a blast, but lets get serious, its time to start farming keys and hitting the new light cap.

Can't really play tonight, but I was given Friday off work to complement Monday being off. And my girlfriend has a friend visiting from out of town, so I'm free to binge and play Destiny all weekend. I feel like I need to go buy some Pizza Rolls and Mountain Dew and relive my Halo 3 days lol.

recks

You will need at least 2 Etheric Light to hit 34, fastest path if you have 2 chars would be:

PoE 32x2 > Buy the armor and Ascend Exotic > PoE 34x2 > Use both Etheric Light on one char

I'll go, on ps?

PSN:x__xo__o

Just finished PoE 28 for the first time and got Suros Regime... my heart skipped a beat when I saw Hawkmoon show up... unfortunately it was for my brother which was his third haha

Pretty fun so far.

Namikaze1

Can you guys spare a few hints for PoE 34? We did 32 three times last night and will try 34 today.
First round, your abilities recharge time are greatly reduced.

Second round, your primary does major damage.

Third round, no ammo drop for weapon being used.

Fourth round, arc burn. Major Knights and Wizards should be your first priority. They don't spawn till the second wave.

Final round, solar burn. Save a rocket or two for wizards. Stick together. If you have a Titan, throw down blessing of light once the boss does his magma floor shit. Jump in and out of the bubble. The damage you take from touching the floor will just chip away at the over shield as opposed to your health.

deadlast

After a very long break, I jumped back into destiny last night. I played the weekly and some Crucible. I forgot I had red death when I logged on. This gun seems to be godly in the crucible.

Anyway, how's house of wolves going?

Bradach

Exotic chance only at the big chest, it seems.
BUT, that chance seems to be crazy good right now. Like better than we ever had yet. Even read about people getting two exotics at once on it...

Thanks for answering all those questions! Even if I find myself keyless from time to time there are plenty of other opportunities for exotic drops within the game (VoG / CE / NF) so I can't complain.

Used Vanguard Marks to buy a new Hunter leg piece...which I had already had gotten from an engram but didn't notice until after I bought it >->. At least the one I bought carries more auto rifle ammo so whatever. Used my etheric light on that. Just need to do PoE 35 to get that 2nd etheric light and buy a chest armor piece and I'll be at Level 34

Any list of good vendor weapons to buy from the Tower?

I got to buy two vanguard weapons, and two weapons from any of the crucible vendors in the tower.

That dead orbit scout rifle is incredible. I bought it yesterday and it fires very very fast and also has good impact. Also the perks are good for PvP.

Only thing that would make it better for PvE would be firefly.

Yeah that scout rifle looks legit. Gotta level mine though.

I also bought the AR from the Vanguard, it has really good impact so I'm curious to see how it does in PVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom