• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, once I start levelling up legendary weapons, it'll be a hard choice who will be the first between my firefly A.1F19X-RYL and VoC.
Just got PR this weekend (in the same run I got VoC in, lucky lucky!), though: is it really that good? I was thinking of upgrading Black Hammer for my second weapon...

And yeah, as you can guess, I don't have Fatebringer yet. ^^

In pvp PR is top-tier.

X-Frame

Personally I can't wait to rid my character of the CE Raid gear.

The new Titan Vanguard/Crucible gear looks great and I actually am starting to look like a Guardian again.

spyder_ur

What do you need to get to level 33? One maxed exotic gear and one etheric light to max a legendary gear? How many light?

You need one upgraded exotic, and then if you finish level 32 PoE you get an armor core drop which can be exchanged for an armor piece from Variks - it is gauntlets but I am assuming it rotates (do we have any idea how frequently this will change?).

Buy it, equip it, and bam, you're 33. I think you need 156 light? But don't quote me on that.

Maybe there will be 4 more events to come with HoW since there are two extra little lines coming out of the reef without circles at the end.

raindoc

why the hell is all the prison and trials gear strength

Thought the same. Rerolling armor would've been awesome.
Still got them, will come in handy if I ever get "The Ram" for my warlock.

The new Titan Vanguard/Crucible gear looks great and I actually am starting to look like a Guardian again.

I'm keeping one Raid-armor set on every char. Especially the Crota armor. I'll even ascend some pieces - agility boost-boots make a swordbearer's life much easier.

GlamFM

Banned
Hey guys.

From checking out the new gear on Planetdestiny it seems that only the Adept Weapons from the Trials interest me - how do I get them?

LiK

I haven't checked out the new vendor gear but yea, I felt like a scrub using the CE gear now lol

Every time an expansion comes out I look at my two sealed PS4 Destiny ghost editions and ask, 'what am I gonna do with you?'

lol

They'll be worth something in a hundred years, I'm sure.

chewydogg

Had an all night/early morning HoW marathon last night with PrivateWHudson, Drizzay, and Unstable. Got a 4th Horseman, a Suros, a couple of Queen's weapons, tons of spirit bloom, too many emblems, and my Warlock is 33.

Here I am at work after a 50 min nap trying to keep my eyes open...

Totally worth it.

Navy Bean

Hehehe I know that feeling!
It was the first thing on my mind and didn't hesitate one second when the etheric light dropped...

Lol I couldn't justify upgrading some silly boots when I could have a monster Fatebringer.

Running with a 365 FB and Horn is too much fun...

Homeboyd

Has anyone received shards or energy from a Nightfall yet? I've seen someone on here get coins, but it seems like a vast majority of the drops are significantly improved and have yet to see someone get a shard/energy drop.

Also, my 34 gear is made up of:

1 exotic
1 HoW armor piece
1 VoG armor piece
1 CE armor piece

lol little bit of flavor from each

Dave_6

I'm still so excited I got this I had to post it again! :p
17698701859_38bb66b434_o.jpg

Topped off a night (and early morning) of pretty decent loot I would say. Got a 365 Monte Carlo, a 3rd Hypehorn, the new Admonisher (Arc) with tracking, a cool Scout rifle from the Reef Cryptarch and a few other things. Also upgraded my Hawkmoon, Thunderlord, one of my other Hypehorns and Icebreaker all to 365. No etheric light yet but I have upgraded a few of my exotic helms to 36 light.

Namikaze1

Fig, Math and I were gonna join you for Nightfall. Gonna help her out since she hasn't done it on one character yet. We gonna do PoE afterwards if you want in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Used Vanguard Marks to buy a new Hunter leg piece...which I had already had gotten from an engram but didn't notice until after I bought it >->. At least the one I bought carries more auto rifle ammo so whatever. Used my etheric light on that. Just need to do PoE 35 to get that 2nd etheric light and buy a chest armor piece and I'll be at Level 34
Just since I didn't see anyone else respond... wanted to make sure you can use Etheric light on any legendary you want, you don't need to buy new armor to hit 34.
Turned in all of Petra's bounties and got a key. Will this be a once a week guarantee?
that would be cool. I'll see what happens, I think I only have 1 or 2 of the 6 left. does she have different ones with the daily reset?
Loved playing level 32 PoE last night w/ Hawkian & T-44. Hawkian saved our asses at the last possible second a couple of times. Don't think we ever wiped though!

Still have to take two characters through 32, but I'm thinking about doing 34 PoE on my Titan at lunch today (in about 3 hours).

Haven't gotten any etheric light yet, but I'm wondering if I might just save it until next week so I can know what to use it on. That way I'd absolutely be level 34 come Tuesday. Thought?
Was fucking great. I still can't believe we didn't wipe. Stealth saved my life, allowed me to pull off revives, and objectives, countless times. And a Defender is crucial as well of course. There were times when we just had to huddle in the bubble getting barraged on all sides and decide on our next move.

I'm in for 34 at lunch if you are!
The final boss of PoE32 -- can you keep his shields down if you sustain damage on him? I couldn't tell if the shields were just auto-recharging or if they can be held down indefinitely.
They go back up when we recalibrates, but you can keep them down until then with regular fire. We made a quick adjustment on the fly so that one of each of use had a different element primary (I had WoC, one had AD, one had Fatebringer). He ended up going super Arc-happy with his shield though, I don't know if I ever saw him change it despite like 6 recalibrations.

Another note about that fight, when the pressure got intense on our held ground, we would haul ass all the way to the other side of the room and set up shop there and attack the group as they made their way back to us. I can't imagine we'd have won just by holding position no matter how good a spot it was. They're so aggressive and can jump over stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom