• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

Can someone confirm if the PoE gauntlets + ascended exotic will get you lvl 33? Are the gauntlets already maxed?

I'm praying that I get x2 etheric lights from NF so I can get my hunter to 34 before ToO, but still have my titan at 33 so I can run everything.

Bradach

Yes, although here you can see the actual mechanics of the fight (video). Way harder if you do it the "intended way."

This is more what I'd hoped it'd be like.

I'm glad there is no one team member that the whole thing depends on (read swordbearer).

I'm looking forward to getting into this prison of elders!

ethomaz

Banned
Can someone confirm if the PoE gauntlets + ascended exotic will get you lvl 33? Are the gauntlets already maxed?

I'm praying that I get x2 etheric lights from NF so I can get my hunter to 34 before ToO, but still have my titan at 33 so I can run everything.
Yes... the gauntlets are already maxed to 42 light... you need only to unlock the perks.

noomi

man.... so many things to do so little time.

Managed to go through the story missions twice with my buddies, knocked out a few PoE's, did all the nightfalls, some bounties....etc

Damn, there's a lot to do here.... a lot

Loving every minute of it so far though, definitely going to keep me busy for a while.

Nice job Bungie, nice job.

Picked this up from the vendor and it is so good.

CFZudsHUgAAfXOH.jpg:orig

Did yall reroll it? I kind of like the stock perks

zewone

Why use a Deadshot Luna when you can use a Fatebringer?

It is still possible to roll outlaw and firefly on a scout? I know they removed some perks in HoW.

I didn't realize that, although I'm not really sure how that changes the strategy, you have to knock his shields down at some point. Maybe you clear adds at your own pace avoiding Valus and then absolutely unleash on him at one time? Kinda what we ended up doing anyways.

It's totally inexplicable to me. There is no way someone should do the 32 level PoE and not get a chance at the big chest just because they didn't feel like farming public events or they weren't lucky enough to get a key if they did farm them. And I actually liked doing them alot.

Last night on my last char, I ran a 28, 32 and 34 and got 0 drops. And all were without a Titan! Because I have 0 keys. I'm fine with it because eventually you can get keys (I haven't done the original quests/missions yet which I think nets you 1) and I'm guessing levelling up the Queen will also get you some. But either way, I think of the drops as the guaranteed Cores and for 34/35, guaranteed etheric light as the drops. And the big chest is a bonus

Deku Tree

Ok I upgraded every exotic weapon to 365 except for NLB and I upgraded every exotic armor to 42 light except for one set of never used gauntlets on each toon. I spent many hundreds of thousands of glimmer and over 70 exotic shards. I have one exotic shard left.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Yes, the gloves available just come out of the box at 42 light. Two 42 Light pieces gets you to 33.

Khepri's Sting:
• Gain invisibility after crouching in place for a short time. Melee attacking an enemy from behind while invisible delivers 4x damage.
• Increase reload speed with Primary Weapons.
• Reduce melee cooldown each time you pick up an Orb of Light

This exotic is going to be so fun with Gunslinger + 2 throwing knives!

stb

Mixed feelings.

1) the story missions are quite good, and a definite step up from TDB
2) the strike is a great length, paced well, etc. Really enjoyable to play
3) taking mats out of the NF loot table appears to have indirectly increased exotic drop rates. Anecdotally, my group's drops and the screens people have posted here have been just lousy with exotics. Strongly approve of this. There are still shenanigans like 10 strange coins, but the overall change seems positive.
4) PoE is a welcome supplemental activity. We only did the 28 as 32s and still managed to wipe once or twice, but I'm sure most of us will have this on farm through the 34 version presently.
5) apparently needing to farm for keys is absolutely insane
- I have no idea how Bungie manages to shoot themselves in the foot with SOMETHING every damn time.
- This could very well kill the activity for me, and it wouldn't surprise me if it did for a lot of groups, because if there's nothing you can do to GUARANTEE a key in a set amount of time, that means groups can't make certain plans to run PoE together each week.
- I farmed chests for ~3 hours (double- and triple-dipping where possible) and only pulled 1 key; you can't expect groups to spend hours farming chests just to run PoE. The guaranteed weekly cores are going to lose their luster after a few weeks (you can easily imagine the "give me something to do with all these extra cores!" posts), and the lack of a guaranteed exotic drop will likely depress the numbers of people playing it in favor of other activities.
6) my luck is still horrible; after doing 2x NF, all the story missions, the 28 PoE, and cashing in 36 blue engrams and 5 faction packages, I got:
a) new Monte Carlo (NF 1)
b) new Suros Regime (NF 2)
c) the legendary sidearm (the story gives you)
d) new Patience & Time (PoE big chest, presumably - it was in the postmaster)
e) legendary Wolves' Bane MG (PoE big chest)
f) legendary Titan arms I don't have any use for (Dead Orbit package)
- to qualify what I mean here, I'm not saying there wasn't enough volume of loot dropped from the NF and PoE big chest; I'm saying that my luck is awful because it's been 2 months since I got a new exotic. I do think it's absolutely bullshit that NONE of the 36 blue engrams decoded purple and 5 faction packages resulted in nothing but a useless set of Titan arms.

In summary: I had a good time playing, but my experience was diminished significantly by RNG.

"Ya had fun playing right?" "Sure, yeah" *SLAP* is a weird loop.

"Ya had fun playing, right?" "Sure, yeah" "Well, here's some incentive to KEEP playing!" makes far more sense to me.

As an aside about the key farming:

The raids (and PoE) appear to be structured such that
- you start on normal mode at-level or maybe slightly underleveled
- you play it enough to keep getting new armor to reach the appropriate level
- once you do that, you start the the harder mode(s), and repeat
- you keep doing this to play through it to get the big reward at the end

Why key farming is a failure of an idea is that it requires hours of farming to even have the "big reward" carrot at the end of PoE dangled in the first place.

My suggestion to resolve this would be some combination of:
1) *significantly* up the key drop rate from etheric chests. If people want to farm these to get 5 keys, then run 5 PoEs at ~30 minutes a whack, let them. Or just make it so they can only do it x-number of times per week.
2) have the first key each week awarded for killing the boss of whatever level PoE you do
3) get a key for doing a certain number of target bounties each week (or Queen bounties in general)

This would allow players to do independent stuff to get keys, then meet up with their group(s) to run PoE however many times they want. The idea that someone would have to sit out running PoE with their team because they didn't have 3 hours during the week to roll the dice on a key from a chest is beyond stupid and remarkably shortsighted of Bungie.

noomi

Going to take a break for a bit to eat lunch.

Really want to get through the lvl 34 PoE, I'm thinking with 3 level 33's we might just be able to get through it :D

I expect the PoE 35 with lvl 34 guys to be the same like PoE 34 with lvl 33 guys.

It is fucking hard even with Ghorns maxed... btw I just used Ghorns in PoE 34 lol

Did you finish 34 with all your characters? Still need to run it with my 33 hunter. Wondering if you will be around later....?

zewone

Another question:

Is the Treasure Chest in PoE the same regardless of level 28,32,34,35?

It seems like it is. I thought I read that the higher level treasure room has better loot but I could be really high.

They moved firefly and outlaw to be in the same upgrade slot, so you can't have both.
:*(

Tawpgun

Khepri's Sting:
• Gain invisibility after crouching in place for a short time. Melee attacking an enemy from behind while invisible delivers 4x damage.
• Increase reload speed with Primary Weapons.
• Reduce melee cooldown each time you pick up an Orb of Light

This exotic is going to be so fun with Gunslinger + 2 throwing knives!

Damn it's only from behind? Was hoping it would be anywhere while inviso.

Warlocks definitely won for exotics this time around but I am loving that as a hunter I can go invisible as a gunslinger and can get a triple jump as a blade dancer.

Both of those abilities are one of the things i miss the most when I switch between classes.

Jury's still out on the One Golden Gun shot for 6x damage exotic. Golden gun is weak as hell. I wonder how much damage 6x will do.

Deku Tree

Mixed feelings.

1) the story missions are quite good, and a definite step up from TDB
2) the strike is a great length, paced well, etc. Really enjoyable to play
3) taking mats out of the NF loot table appears to have indirectly increased exotic drop rates. Anecdotally, my group's drops and the screens people have posted here have been just lousy with exotics. Strongly approve of this. There are still shenanigans like 10 strange coins, but the overall change seems positive.
4) PoE is a welcome supplemental activity. We only did the 28 as 32s and still managed to wipe once or twice, but I'm sure most of us will have this on farm through the 34 version presently.
5) apparently needing to farm for keys is absolutely insane
- I have no idea how Bungie manages to shoot themselves in the foot with SOMETHING every damn time.
- This could very well kill the activity for me, and it wouldn't surprise me if it did for a lot of groups, because if there's nothing you can do to GUARANTEE a key in a set amount of time, that means groups can't make certain plans to run PoE together each week.
- I farmed chests for ~3 hours (double- and triple-dipping where possible) and only pulled 1 key; you can't expect groups to spend hours farming chests just to run PoE. The guaranteed weekly cores are going to lose their luster after a few weeks (you can easily imagine the "give me something to do with all these extra cores!" posts), and the lack of a guaranteed exotic drop will likely depress the numbers of people playing it in favor of other activities.
6) my luck is still horrible; after doing 2x NF, all the story missions, the 28 PoE, and cashing in 36 blue engrams and 5 faction packages, I got:
a) new Monte Carlo (NF 1)
b) new Suros Regime (NF 2)
c) the legendary sidearm (the story gives you)
d) new Patience & Time (PoE big chest, presumably - it was in the postmaster)
e) legendary Wolves' Bane MG (PoE big chest)
f) legendary Titan arms I don't have any use for (Dead Orbit package)
- to qualify what I mean here, I'm not saying there wasn't enough volume of loot dropped from the NF and PoE big chest; I'm saying that my luck is awful because it's been 2 months since I got a new exotic. I do think it's absolutely bullshit that NONE of the 36 blue engrams decoded purple and 5 faction packages resulted in nothing but a useless set of Titan arms.

In summary: I had a good time playing, but my experience was diminished significantly by RNG.

"Ya had fun playing right?" "Sure, yeah" *SLAP* is a weird loop.

"Ya had fun playing, right?" "Sure, yeah" "Well, here's some incentive to KEEP playing!" makes far more sense to me.

As an aside about the key farming:

The raids (and PoE) appear to be structured such that
- you start on normal mode at-level or maybe slightly underleveled
- you play it enough to keep getting new armor to reach the appropriate level
- once you do that, you start the the harder mode(s), and repeat
- you keep doing this to play through it to get the big reward at the end

Why key farming is a failure of an idea is that it requires hours of farming to even have the "big reward" carrot at the end of PoE dangled in the first place.

My suggestion to resolve this would be some combination of:
1) *significantly* up the key drop rate from etheric chests. If people want to farm these to get 5 keys, then run 5 PoEs at ~30 minutes a whack, let them. Or just make it so they can only do it x-number of times per week.
2) have the first key each week awarded for killing the boss of whatever level PoE you do
3) get a key for doing a certain number of target bounties each week (or Queen bounties in general)

This would allow players to do independent stuff to get keys, then meet up with their group(s) to run PoE however many times they want. The idea that someone would have to sit out running PoE with their team because they didn't have 3 hours during the week to roll the dice on a key from a chest is beyond stupid and remarkably shortsighted of Bungie.

Do you get a guaranteed key for doing all the queens bounties within the week on each toon? Not sure but I feel like I got a key for that last week...

...does anyone make a list of all possible ways to get a treasure key?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ok I'm getting a bit hyped now for finishing work.

Got the TV again and I'm thinking 2 weekly heroic strike and level 34 prison of elders eek.

Sullichin

Would be nice if this game finally gave me my first Gjallarhorn. I can't believe it's still the best weapon in the game. Was kind of hoping for a new exotic everyone would be after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom