• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Do you get a guaranteed key for doing all the queens bounties within the week on each toon? Not sure but I feel like I got a key for that last week...

...does anyone make a list of all possible ways to get a treasure key?

You have a chance at getting the key from the queens package for doing all the bounties.

It's not guaranteed.

I believe the only guaranteed key is from doing the story missions for the first time.

Omni

Lvl 28 lol

O6a739N.jpg

This irrationally makes me angry

ethomaz

Banned
So how do I get to lvl 33 now? Do I just max out the Kell gauntlets I got?
Well...

- Max a Exotic Helmet, Armor or Legs
- Buy the Gloves on the Faller shop after finish the PoE 32

That give you lvl 33 ;)

After that you need to max more two Legendary Gears to reach 34.

So any tips guys? Or just wipe and try over and over again until success?

Round 4 was the hardest. Having a Hunter that can go in to cap the points for the 2 waves especially the final wave, is key. And having a Titan bubble helps a lot but isn't necessary.

Damn it's only from behind? Was hoping it would be anywhere while inviso.

Warlocks definitely won for exotics this time around but I am loving that as a hunter I can go invisible as a gunslinger and can get a triple jump as a blade dancer.

Both of those abilities are one of the things i miss the most when I switch between classes.

Jury's still out on the One Golden Gun shot for 6x damage exotic. Golden gun is weak as hell. I wonder how much damage 6x will do.

They also look cool as hell. Pick incoming.

LiK

Well...

- Max a Exotic Helmet, Armor or Legs
- Buy the Gloves on the Faller shop after finish the PoE 32

That give you lvl 33 ;)

After that you need to max more two Legendary Gears to reach 34.

Well, I'm glad this is gonna be so much quicker than before. I do not miss the old days at all.

LordofPwn

So Lvl 28 PoE is incredibly easy.
Lvl 32 was fun, no wipes. would have been nice to know about the shield and add correlation though. O well had him at a quarter health so i popped a synth and melted him.

Probably won't try lvl 34 until i can get to lvl 34 first. rounds 1-3 seem fairly easy but rounds 4 is hit or miss and round 5 has a burning floor with solar burn so being at a level disadvantage with that will not be fun.

I got an amazing matador from salvage on monday, got a nice vanguard scout with a pretty good roll. got a hawkmoon from PoE chest, nothing great from the 1 nightfall i ran.

So that big chest can drop what on which levels? do we know yet?

So what are they top vendor weapons people should be buying right now? I'm seeing a vanguard sniper and someone mentioned a dead orbit scout rifle?

Lvl 28 lol

O6a739N.jpg

Goddamn. Now I need to finish the story on my alts and get to doing level 28.

Well, I'm glad this is gonna be so much quicker than before. I do not miss the old days at all.

It will still take time. Etheric Light is a rare drop, so ascending Legendaries will take time. I'm gonna try finishing the level 34 PoE at least twice again on my alts and get at least one character to 34, probably my Warlock if I can get the VoG boots for her.

With a bit of luck, Xur will be selling the Nothing Manacles, too.

LtOrange

I was really excited about the ability to reroll HoW stats, but holy shit is it some form of torture. Burned through 60+ motes and I still did not get the roll I wanted.

Deku Tree

Ok so your whole team enters the final round with 7 horn shots and a heavy ammo pack and no ammo pack cooldown and a blessing bubble and they fire 14 horns x3 into Skloas as fast as possible and then all done super fast? Do you need to be level 34 or is level 33 OK?

BTW the final level 35 boss is like a game of thrones style
trial by combat
? I like it!

ocean

Banned
Ok so your whole team enters the final round with 7 horn shots and a heavy ammo pack and no ammo pack cooldown and a blessing bubble and they fire 14 horns x3 into Skloas as fast as possible and then all done super fast? Do you need to be level 34 or is level 33 OK?

BTW the final level 35 boss is like a game of thrones style
trial by combat
? I like it!
I guess they were all 34s. But yeah 7 rockets by 3 guardians, twice over via heavy synth...42 Horns is enough to melt the guy. Trying this as soon as I hit 34 :)

Do you get a guaranteed key for doing all the queens bounties within the week on each toon? Not sure but I feel like I got a key for that last week...

...does anyone make a list of all possible ways to get a treasure key?

Got a key for finishing the week 1 bounties on my hunter but did not get one for my warlock.

Guaranteed Keys:
Finish HoW story (1 key)

RNG Keys:
Loot chests from Wolves bounties
Loot chests from PoE treasure room

Not sure Keys:
Completing queens bounties for the week
Killing a Queen's bounty target
Queen's Wrath packages

I did get a Token of Flight from doing a Queen target bounty last night. It dropped immediately after killing the target, not from turning in the bounty. Not sure if the loot drop table for those rewards include keys though.

The fact that PoE bosses aren't guaranteed to drop a key at least once a week is bonkers to me. $10 says Bungie announces it was a "bug" and fixes it soon.

I'm gonna look like such a dingus to be 34.

Exotic Helm.
Vault of Glass Chest
Fallen Arms with those dumb spikes
Hive boots.

It's why I'm holding off on leveling my titan to 34. Gonna get him a full set of Raid gear. Saving the armor core drops my Warlock and Hunter will get, then I just need to run VoG to get the boots for my Warlock and ascend my Hunter's CE gear.

The fact that PoE bosses aren't guaranteed to drop a key at least once a week is bonkers to me. $10 says Bungie announces it was a "bug" and fixes it soon.

Yeah, it's only fair a key drops at least once a week to guarantee rewards. Let those who want to farm farm for more keys. If they add that one guaranteed drop, the system will be pretty much perfect.

Impala26

I really hope someone's working on a guide as to how get the myriad of new HoW materials and rewards, because my head is spinning not knowing how to get this and that.

Ideally a guide as to how to get guaranteed vs. chance drops for:

Etheric Light
Treasure Keys
Passage Coins
Weapon/Armor Cores

Watch Xur be able to do something bat-shit crazy now too come Friday! XD

I would pay 7 strange coins for a treasure key from Xur. That way I can do the weekly and have 2 coins left over. And it's the same cost as an exotic shard.

Personally I can't wait to rid my character of the CE Raid gear.

The new Titan Vanguard/Crucible gear looks great and I actually am starting to look like a Guardian again.

This, so much this. Can't wait to get my Titan outta that junk. Already got the boots and helmet taken care of. When I finish the PoE on my Titan I'll take care of the arms and hopefully I can get a drop for the chest so I'll have something to wear when I'm not rocking the armentarium.

Impala26

In my mind the treasure key setup should be as follows (this is per toon):

GUARANTEED key drop upon first PoE completion for the week.
GUARANTEED key rewarded for completing all Petra's bounties for the week.
Maximum of FIVE keys (3 additional if above completed first) per week.

This makes it easy for those who can't commit to a lot of time (set objectives with GUARANTEED rewards) and balances the amount of farming people should be doing.

I'm gonna look like such a dingus to be 34.

Exotic Helm.
Vault of Glass Chest
Fallen Arms with those dumb spikes
Hive boots.

I'm sure you look BEAUTIFUL darling!
*gags*

All of a sudden I'm glad I put in the time to run the weeklies as much as I did. Bring the old exotics up to speed without going nuts.

Doubt I'm going to put much effort in leveling up all the weapons, but I think the armor is going to get the bump.

Hoodbury

That side arm pistol is so fun, heh.

New crucible maps seem pretty good, only played them once so far.

Didn't get any good loot on first day. :(

But Fatebringer+Thunderlord seem to be quite the combo against all these Fallen with arc shields.

rNilla

It's weird how Destiny continues not to explain anything to you like the whole concept of ascending. A lot of us know because we've been following the streams and news pretty religiously but the actual game should probably tell you (maybe it does but I missed it).

PuMa

It's weird how Destiny continues not to explain anything to you like the whole concept of ascending. A lot of us know because we've been following the streams and news pretty religiously but the actual game should probably tell you (maybe it does but I missed it).

It kinda does tell you. You just have to hover over the Ascend option in your gear screen. No need to spoon feed IMO.

Has anyone noticed getting similar/identical drops from the big chest between fireteam members?

Several times yesterday we all got the same Queen's weapon and both times we got exotics, everyone in the fireteam got an exotic. If true, it could be a way to save keys as one player can "test" the chest first.

In my mind the treasure key setup should be as follows (this is per toon):

GUARANTEED key drop upon first PoE completion for the week.
GUARANTEED key rewarded for completing all Petra's bounties for the week.
Maximum of FIVE keys (3 additional if above completed first) per week.

This makes it easy for those who can't commit to a lot of time (set objectives with GUARANTEED rewards) and balances the amount of farming people should be doing.

Makes sense to me.

flkraven

If I have multiple keys can I run the same PoE over and over again to get loot (ie. lvl 28 on repeat)? Or is the chest limited to 1 per week per level setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom