• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodbury

How do you tell what the max light level is for equipment? I have new boots that start at 36 light but how much would Acending add to it?

rNilla

I have more gear than I know what to do with. I should dismantle most of it but I don't know what to keep and what to lose. This brings me to thoughts of dismantling all dupes including Gjallarhorn and that's crazy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Vault space is absolutely at the top of the list again. In light of the new reward schedule I feel inundated with new useful gear, very little of which I want to dismantle before at least playing around with it. I've already dismantled some old stuff that I wasn't particularly attached to in light of finding rerollable replacements, but very soon I'm going to start having to make terrible decisions if we don't get something to alleviate the space situation.
How do you tell what the max light level is for equipment? I have new boots that start at 36 light but how much would Acending add to it?
Max Light is 42.

SkylineRKR

I have more gear than I know what to do with. I should dismantle most of it but I don't know what to keep and what to lose. This brings me to thoughts of dismantling all dupes including Gjallarhorn and that's crazy.

Why. I dismantled a handful of Horns when they made changing loadouts easier. Its so easy to switch weapons nowadays with the app and went back to mostly use 1 character anyway. I see no use in having multiple exotics as they are exactly the same in perks.

Saves space and gives 2 Shards for a maxed exotic (I think?).

You know whats bullshit! getting a workmate to start playing Destiny, watching him slowly level then day 1 of HoW getting his first exotic at lvl 27 in blues.... Hawkmoon the only pre HoW exotic im missing and i starting playing day 1 now thats bullshit.

LTWood12

I'd reroll that to maybe something with unflinching? It's such a potent sniper.
I'd reroll or not depending on whether or not you can use a void fusion in your arsenal.

I'd keep that, charge must be crazy with Coils and it's a wizard-slayer.

Reroll, rocket launchers without either tracking or grenades and horseshoes are pretty tough to use.

Me?
lvl 33 Titan or Warlock.

Oh my God I have a fucking office birthday party lunch in 15 minutes that I forgot about. Have to be there. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm going to try and cut out of there pretty early on, but I won't be able to make our date.

Blunoise

Question Gaurdians, where else can I have a drop of armor or etheric light, if I have already completed the PoE up lvl 34? There are no more queen bounties and now I feel like Iam at a standstill to progress

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah. So if I already Ascended my exotic helm and if I ascend these new legendary boots that would make me 33?
Correct, but you get an armor core from PoE 32 that gives you 42 Light (out-of-the-bos) gloves as well. So with those boots you'd be at 33.5.
Oh my God I have a fucking office birthday party lunch in 15 minutes that I forgot about. Have to be there. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
;_; Guardian Down

rNilla

Why. I dismantled a handful of Horns. Its so easy to switch weapons nowadays with the app and went back to mostly use 1 character anyway. I see no use in having multiple exotics as they are exactly the same in perks.

Not switching at all is even faster than using an app to switch. Dismantling a Gjallarhorn is sacrilege.

You know whats bullshit! getting a workmate to start playing Destiny, watching him slowly level then day 1 of HoW getting his first exotic at lvl 27 in blues.... Hawkmoon the only pre HoW exotic im missing and i starting playing day 1 now thats bullshit.

Want to know what will make you feel better? First PoE run, my whole Fireteam got Hawkmoon. :p

LiK

Anyone doing more NFs tonight? I wanna see if I score any good exotics with my alts. TW3 arrives tomorrow so....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Question Gaurdians, where else can I have a drop of armor or etheric light, if I have already completed the PoE up lvl 34? There are no more queen bounties and now I feel like Iam at a standstill to progress
Assuming you've done all your Nightfalls, PoE 35.

Falifax

Is there a weekly cap for getting exotics on individual difficulties or can you just run lvl 28 numerous times and get an exotic from a treasure chest provided you have keys?

Anastasis

I think it would be great to have something in the OP about the good overall roll combos for each type of weapon. Perhaps even best base weapons as well.

recks

Just finished PoE 35, really afraid they're going to nerf the Godlyhorn now

Got the hunter helmet from the Judgement Chance too, only need to lv my Titan now :D

Want to know what will make you feel better? First PoE run, my whole Fireteam got Hawkmoon. :p

It would not even arse me if it were not for Trials of Osiris being gear dependent. It's going to be Hawkmoon heaven in there, and RNG has dictated that im at in instant disadvantage. In IB loses mean nothing, ToO is going to test my patiance.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
New veterans of the prison of elders:

What's level 34 like with three level 33s? How brutal is it? Any tips?

Oh - and if I don't have a key is there any point doing it?

Korosenai

It's too early to tell for sure, but my instinct is yes- if you spend a key you spend a key, regardless of how you got to the treasure room.
That's what I was thinking. Because from everything I've seen, down to opening them myself, it's been the same loot chances. Not sure about 35 yet though. I wonder if it will drop elemental primaries.

ethomaz

Banned

It is hard but you will be fine with Ghorns and one hunter to invis disable the mines... that is the hardest part at Round 4... kills the enemies with Ghorns is easy the issue you need to disable 3 mines in less than one minute in Round 4 Wave 3... Hunter invis can do that without be killed by enemies.

LTWood12

Can't you leave early?

Yeah, I just hate to be rude. It's for one of our Partners who is a good friend of mine. We have a nice old Italian lady that works for us and made Chicken Parmesan, so this one will be serviceable. It's just the conversations are soooooo awkward.

It would not even arse me if it were not for Trials of Osiris being gear dependent. It's going to be Hawkmoon heaven in there, and RNG has dictated that im at in instant disadvantage. In IB loses mean nothing, ToO is going to test my patiance.

Use the Last Word. It's honestly the best gun in the game once you get used to it. If you can start getting headshots without ADS it kills people in 2 shots. My tier list for primary weapons in leveled PvP is something like:

Last Word
Hawkmoon
Bad Juju
Thorn
Time on Target* (Probably would go right below Last Word, but only with the Headseeker perk and it's fairly hard to use)
BadgerCCL / A.1 Rex / Other top tier impact Scout Rifles
Red Death

Not that anyone asked. xD

MrS

Banned

You get etheric light guaranteed so it's still worth it even without a key

rNilla

Yeah, I just hate to be rude. It's for one of our Partners who is a good friend of mine. We have a nice old Italian lady that works for us and made Chicken Parmesan, so this one will be serviceable. It's just the conversations are soooooo awkward.

I hear the Fever of Elders is going around this time of year.

Dave_6

I might be in the minority's here but I like the Treasure Key mechanic the way it is. There's no way in hell I'll grind Patrol for hours every week trying to get some. But it's good to offer people who have more time to put into the game these additional opportunities.

I'll still have NF x3, Gorgon's x6, Atheon x3, Deathsinger x3, Crota x6...that's a damn heck of a lot of Exotic rolls. No way I can do all of those every week. For the guys who knock that list out each Tuesday at reset, the possibility of rolls hinged on a super rare drop from an annoying disappearing chest sounds fair.

PoE will still give me cores and Etherics and fun, more than enough reason to keep running it.

The systems you guys suggest with lots of guarantees Keys per week would mean changing the treasure's generosity. Chances at Exotics are sooo high, with some people getting 2 Exotics at once. It's cool that it's there and I guess it's meant to be something most of us experience perhaps once or twice a month.

Hardcore players with tons of free time can experience that every week, perhaps multiple times. Seems fair :)

Agreed. If keys were much more easy to obtain, everyone would have all the new drops (and old) before the month was out. Then there would be complaints that they have nothing else to do before Comet releases.

Seen this on Twitter yesterday, not sure if it made it here yet:
7LXjAd4m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom