• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I have the #437 highest Grimoire score on PS now (3370) which is weird since I've never farmed the usual culprits like Ogres, Hydras, Rumble etc. Makes me wonder how many people have cleared a lot of PoE content since lots of G Cards seem to drop there.

My score's gone up almost 300 points with HoW, no idea how many points are still out there on the table.

Lima

Somehow I have the #437 highest Grimoire score on PS now (3370) which is weird since I've never farmed the usual culprits like Ogres, Hydras, Rumble etc. Makes me wonder how many people have cleared a lot of PoE content since lots of G Cards seem to drop there.

My score's gone up almost 300 points with HoW, no idea how many points are still out there on the table.

New max is 3650.

Lima

3 at 365.

Used a synth, waited 5 mins. All of us emptied all 7, used synth, ignored mechanics and burned him. Then did mines.

also he will go down like this in the coming weeks too cause bungie said the 35 version will always be the same. They didn't really think this through.

Skolas was laughable. Downed him in less than a minute.

PoE 35 spoiler.

It's too bad the Horn is so goofed up, as much fun as it is to lay waste to all of creation with it.
Skolas
is a really well designed encounter with a terrific playable space to jump around... but then they added
solar burn, presumably because of the scorch cannons, and GH trivializes the whole thing.

Fingers crossed all the modifiers are drastically different, even though certain phases like
Lv35-Round 6
and Lv34-Round 4 seem very specifically designed around their elemental burn.

edit: well so much for that ^ hope that all modifiers will change. No idea what they were thinking here. Lv34s w/o Horns would be a better challenge run than Lv33s with them.

also he will go down like this in the coming weeks too cause bungie said the 35 version will always be the same. They didn't really think this through.

edit2: also, holy shit at that new Grimoire max. I was ~100 points below max before HoW, no idea where the other ~200 points are hiding now.

Lima

It's too bad the Horn is so goofed up, as much fun as it is to lay waste to all of creation with it.
Skolas
is a really well designed encounter with a terrific playable space to jump around... but then they added
solar burn, presumably because of the scorch cannons, and GH trivializes the whole thing.

Fingers crossed all the modifiers are drastically different, even though certain phases like
Lv35-Round 6
and Lv34-Round 4 seem very specifically designed around their elemental burn.

While the fallen arena is definitely the best of the bunch it doesn't really matter at least in the 35 version where all you do in that big open arena is run from left to right because those are the only two good positions and setting up shop anywhere else will get you killed because adds just swarm you. It's a good play space but it is utilized in the most terrible way I can imagine.

Round 4 of level 34 PoE is so hard :(
Stick to the little room in the back left of the arena. You have to take out the wizards as soon as you see them. Two 365 Horn shots takes down a wizard and two spawn each wave. There's also 1 or two Knights that spawn with them. Have a Hunter go invis or a Titan take the mine with a bubble. It's easy once you take care of the Wizards and Knights. They're really the only thing that take you out when trying to dismantle the mines.

Sane_Man

Stick to the little room in the back left of the arena. You have to take out the wizards as soon as you see them. Two 365 Horn shots takes down a wizard and two spawn each wave. There's also 1 or two Knights that spawn with them. Have a Hunter go invis or a Titan take the mine with a bubble. It's easy once you take care of the Wizards and Knights. They're really the only thing that take you out when trying to dismantle the mines.

We were kinda rolling with that strategy but just always seemed to get caught out by a wizard popping up outta nowhere and laying waste. We were all pretty tired which probably didn't help. Getting one-shotted really fucking sucks.

ich00

They will try and kill you. Kill them baaaccckk.

There are definitely some good one liners in this dlc, Eris annoyed me more than anything.

It's a good play space but it is utilized in the most terrible way I can imagine.

Yeah, sad but true. Although Titans definitely have the most fun (as always) with their sky-high jump over and around all the level geometry.

Not sure if/when Bungie will get past this version of "stupidly extreme enemy damage = end game content." Forced under-leveling for ~32% defense penalty + 3x solar damage multiplier... I'd much rather be forced to juggle the encounter mechanics for a longer time, under conditions where reasonable damage input is actually survivable while damage output is more limited. Instead of just burn the f out of him before he burns you.

=/

Gave up on Urrox after like 30 minutes trying.

We couldnt get past the first burn wave.

We went blind and had no idea that the only available strategy at this point is to use a titan. Crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom