• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Based on a video I saw on reddit, here's a map of the Ishtar Cliffs

7hnYCYC.jpg

ERMint13

The center chest in PoE drops guns and class items only or is that wrong?

Can I get Etheric Light from that chest by any chance...I know I got it as a drop on the level 34 PoE from the side chests.

noomi

I suppose I should save my last treasure key for the level 35 PoE run, right?

So I can get my
shader, emblem & ship from the chest?

The center chest in PoE drops guns and class items only or is that wrong?

Can I get Etheric Light from that chest by any chance...I know I got it as a drop on the level 34 PoE from the side chests.

Etheric is only a reward from completing lvl34 & 35, Nightfalls, and some Iron Banner matches. The chest only drops queens gear, exotics, coins, motes, glimmer and uh... I think that's it? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Wallach

While the fallen arena is definitely the best of the bunch it doesn't really matter at least in the 35 version where all you do in that big open arena is run from left to right because those are the only two good positions and setting up shop anywhere else will get you killed because adds just swarm you. It's a good play space but it is utilized in the most terrible way I can imagine.

The burn modifiers can be fun but I feel like they are pretty terrible for difficult gameplay. Like solar burn means you absolutely cannot afford to be in any kind of fire line against the Captains, much less Skolas, for more than a second. It also results in being able to trivialize the fight because of weapons that are just too powerful within that element. I'd rather they didn't use burn modifiers in Prison of Elders at all so that the entire arena is more viable to engage in (not just for Skolas but the prior floors as well).

CLBridges

Just attempted the level 34 PoE and that round 4 was crazy, so crazy in fact we didn't even beat it lol. Tried it with 2 folks on my FR (non GAF) and as soon as one guy said all he had was Necrochasm for ARC burn, I knew we'd fail lol. Came close a couple times, but with a better prepared group it seems easy enough.

Ken

Just attempted the level 34 PoE and that round 4 was crazy, so crazy in fact we didn't even beat it lol. Tried it with 2 folks on my FR (non GAF) and as soon as one guy said all he had was Necrochasm for ARC burn, I knew we'd fail lol. Came close a couple times, but with a better prepared group it seems easy enough.

All I had earlier was a 280 something Murmur for arc burn lol.

Wallach

One thing we noticed when doing that a few minutes ago was that if you start from the left side and just kill the initial group of spawns that come out without moving around too much, the next set of spawns will often not come out of their doorways until you get pretty close. So we were able to just dismantle all three mines without dealing with enemies. It's definitely dicey if stuff is running around, especially the middle point. I had a knight kill me in the startup animation of my bubble, the damage of arc burn when you're -1 level is crazy.

CLBridges

One thing we noticed when doing that a few minutes ago was that if you start from the left side and just kill the initial group of spawns that come out without moving around too much, the next set of spawns will often not come out of their doorways until you get pretty close. So we were able to just dismantle all three mines without dealing with enemies. It's definitely dicey if stuff is running around, especially the middle point. I had a knight kill me in the startup animation of my bubble, the damage of arc burn when you're -1 level is crazy.

We had the same thing happen on one of our attempts. No enemies came out for the first two mines, then C was in the middle and BAM, wizard and knight orgy lol. That dashed our hopes for the evening and we called it quits.

Namikaze1

Sorry Fatebringer, but your 365 ascension can wait for next week. The first legendary to get ascended will be Found Verdict since ToO is coming up and I'll be using Hawkmoon or Thorn.

BokehKing

Banned

All I had earlier was a 280 something Murmur for arc burn lol.
Why not use the vestian for Arc burn?

Karl2177

It feels like Vestian Dynasty does more to majors than Mytho does. After I unshielded a Praetorian in the VoG mission, I switched to Vestian and killed it before I ran out of the mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom