• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezekial45

Banned
You can buy some new armor from the Tower rep vendors if you have any Vanguard/Crucible marks. They are all updated with HoW.

Thanks! I'm gonna check out what the Vanguard has got.

you dont really need new armor unless your looking for something specific stat, perk, or look wise.

Any of your existing legendary armor will get you to the max light level with etheric light.

but PoE (and trials) gear will get you there without having to hunt for etheric light...but youll be stuck with their stat, and perk roll.

Honestly, I've been stuck at lvl 31 for so long. I've run Crota's end so many times without much luck for good armor pieces. I kinda think that new gear is what I need to move on, because everything I have maxed only get me a little more than halfway through 31. Plus, I still haven't found a single Etheric Light, which I planned to use anyway for my weapons.

They playtested it, thoroughly I would imagine.

I don't think anyone really wanted a situation where they increased his health by 50% just so Gjallahorny fireteams would have a hard time, because that means everyone else would have an impossible time.

I should have said "how poorly they play tested it" instead of how little, since (unless you work at Bungie) neither of us knows how much they play tested it. However, "solar burn final boss" is a clearly broken design without needing to play the encounter a single second.

I never suggested increasing his health at all, I'm looking for the same horny/hornless parity as you. The missed opportunity is that they should have narrowed the DPS windows and made them more mechanically complex to activate as the fight progressed. Instead they made it trivial to remove the DPS window-requirement completely within 20 seconds of the fight starting.

Every other interlocking piece of the encounter design collapses as a result, which bums me out because it's a really fantastic design otherwise. The two servitors spawn points, the de-buff hot potatoe, the two mine defusal waves, the randomization of the marked player and the mine location spawn timings, the map movement, engagement/avoidance of add spawns... Everything goes out the window.

I want less spongy bosses, same as everyone else. I just hope they get more creative with how they approach it and avoid the really obvious mistakes like we see with Skolas. The dude cheeses himself.

Midas

It's probably answered in this thread somewhere... But are there new elemental primaries? And where and how do you get them?

Wallach

can we all agree that slow rate of fire pulse rifles are the worst weapons in the game? ugh something about it is really grating. is like nails on chalk boards

giphy.gif

i just dismantled spare change because i was trying to kill stuff with it and it was putting me to sleep.

the rate of fire throws off the rhythm of the bursts. makes the cadence feel awkward.
its the reason i didnt like the original red death before they increased its rate of fire

Lol. Big treasure chest gave me two strange coins.

Wait. Let me check the postmaster. My primary weapons are full.

HOLY CRAP I GOT SCOUT RIFLE AND RED DEATH.

So far, I've gotten an Exotic for each first key on each character.

Yep, all of those weapons look awesome and I'd like to eventually get all of them. I don't look forward to how long that may take...

Has there been any confirmation from anyone that the exotic bounty can drop from 32 PoE?

Yeah, the Last Rebellion is pretty fun though with Clown Cartridge and it's huge blast radius.

And I think I heard from Reddit that the bounty can drop from 32/34/35 arenas? Maybe?

Edit-Well the Last Rebellion I got is at max attack damage. So there's that.

border

I should have said "how poorly they play tested it" instead of how little, since (unless you work at Bungie) neither of us knows how much they play tested it. However, "solar burn final boss" is a clearly broken design without needing to play the encounter a single second.

I never suggested increasing his health at all, I'm looking for the same horny/hornless parity as you. The missed opportunity is that they should have narrowed the DPS windows and made them more mechanically complex to activate as the fight progressed. Instead they made it trivial to remove the DPS window-requirement completely within 20 seconds of the fight starting.

It's possible that the Solar Burn is the result of Bungie actually wanting a good few people to clear the encounter in their first week of play, so that it gives everyone else something to aspire to.

That sounds a little ridiculous in and of itself, but consider the massive backlash that Crota Hard Mode got in its first week, where so many people came to the conclusion that it was hopeless without a good deal of luck and an incredible team.

And a design I'm just befuddled by is why they didn't consolidate the HoW Weapon unique perks-Shank damage and what not-like the Dark Below weapons where it's under the 2nd to last tier line.

Bungie drank some Koolaid.

Wolf's bane and another Hawkmoon.

I wonder who's Hawkmoon you took this time.

Anyone want to do PoE 28? 1 key left . . .

Looking for one more (mostly) stress-free run before I'm done for the week (out of town starting tomorrow).

Edit: Why ZW, it seems we were meant for this moment :p

ocean

Banned
So for the guys who have done 35 - does the 3x 365 Gjallarhorn start really work? Or is it one of those videos that makes it look easy but actually isn't.

I'd still like to try doing it "legit" but in curious about that strat being reliable or just a lucky run that went viral.

Anyone want to do PoE 28? 1 key left . . .

Looking for one more (mostly) stress-free run before I'm done for the week (out of town starting tomorrow).

Edit: Why ZW, it seems we were meant for this moment :p

Aah too bad it is a little bit early over here and I haven't completed the story yet on my Warlock. Would've loved to join and do at least one PoE run with you before you leave.

Irawr join our party, we need 1 for VoG.

Edit: does anyone else wants to do full VoG?
Even left me a post :3 feel kinda bad for missing all of the invites :/ left my ps4 running and I turn off the notications while I was kinda watching crunchy roll. Welp acutally was on my pc playing witcher 3 :p

A_Gorilla

Banned
It's probably answered in this thread somewhere... But are there new elemental primaries? And where and how do you get them?

You can only get them be leveling up the rep for PoE and you get them as a rewards package. Also, there is no set element, each weapon can be any of the three elements its all RNG.

vctor182

So I got the queen's hand cannon from PoE and after 6 reforges got some really good perks.

1AiijT5.jpg

I won't need another legendary hand cannon for a while!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
so there's this guy

who totally stole my girl celestial nighthawk :(((((((

thanks for the runs guy. my titans skills are turrible

So I haven't done PoE yet and plan to do it at the weekend.

How do these treasure keys work?
How long is PoE?
What is the rep gain like for varkis?
Any good load outs?

A_Gorilla

Banned
So I got the queen's hand cannon from PoE and after 6 reforges got some really good perks.

1AiijT5.jpg

I won't need another legendary hand cannon for a while!

I got one with outlaw, triple tap and extended mag. It basically means that I have essentially 17 shots in the magazine.

so the Crucible quartermaster is officially shit in House of Wolves

just found out that Subtle Nudge's impact is too low so it can't even kill with 2 body shots. It's effectively useless - USELESS i tell ya!

all those motes for the perfect ring for the wrong woman.

Obama_aef20a_5452092.gif

now i'm not sure what to do.

the vanguard and new monarchy snipers both have a good rate of fire, but i really don't want to be limited to 4 rounds. i want to use that node for a stability upgrade with shortgaze and then save the other perks for stuff like unflinching and hidden hand. clown cartridge is good for PvE but not something i'd use in PvP over better alternatives.

just when i thought the hunt ended, it began again.

Carl

Maybe Bungie should have a Gjallahorn debuff in some rounds of the PoE. Make it more interesting. Have a debuff that makes it so far less damage or something. Nice middle ground between completely nerfing, which o disgaree with, and letting it make everything easy. I love my Gally but can't deny is op as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom