• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

_woLf

The more I play this game the more I really hope Bungie decides to stop being fucking stupid and remove the 3 person fireteam limit from 90% of the game's activities. Make shit scale if there are more people. Or something.

Being the 4th wheel on a 3-wheel pain train is literally the worst. I just want to play games with my friends. :/

The more I play this game the more I really hope Bungie decides to stop being fucking stupid and remove the 3 person fireteam limit from 90% of the game's activities. Make shit scale if there are more people. Or something.

Being the 4th wheel on a 3-wheel pain train is literally the worst. I just want to play games with my friends. :/

i know that feeling.

patrol should be 6 players and pvp needs 4 player modes

Nice 34 guys.

Improving at my PoE stealth game, I actually find it really fun playing a bladedancer focusing on the objectives. I'm learning little tricks to stay alive and routes for each room. You can hit the mine to trigger Escape Artist btw. Arc Blade will also give you more than enough stealth to stay invisible the full duration of one dismantle, but it's actually better to activate right at the end of one to transition to another and get it most of the way done.

Yea it was definitely fun and exhilarating. I like to go to the 1st disarm without stealth, duck while disarming to stealth just in time to move to move to #2. Then use super to go to #3. Shortly after I start running to safety, the super is close to ending and re-invis for the way back! That's my ideal method at least. Of course stuff can make it change haha.
Melee something if I have to improvise.

border

wait, why do we want to nerf Gjallarhorn again?

just stop doing solar burn. it's already ridiculously stacked. mythoclast, vision of confluence, black hammer, etc.

The most obvious step is to dive further into their bag of RPG-tricks, and introduce bosses that are immune or resistant to certain elemental damage types. Have a modifier like "Dead Sun" that weakens solar weapons.

You can stealth-nerf Gjallarhorn just by introducing bosses that are unaffected by Solar damage. That way the weapon is still effective in strikes and most group PVE encounters, but you won't see it used to burn down a raid boss in under 20 seconds. The downside is that all the popular solar weapons would be nerfed as well, though.

Mindlog

LFGd PoE 32.
One player dropped at the start of the final battle with connection issues. Felt bad, but the two of us that remained were doing really well finishing the boss off and didn't feel like trying the join exploit. Would have been more than happy to let them join back in for loot. I hope Bungie can patch in some rejoin grace period.

Team two Warlock closes the deal.

Buff Dragon's Breath!
Buff #1.
Solar doesn't make sense. Switch it to a very large firebolt with DoT.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
most of the best weapons are solar anyways. you nerf the baller you gotta nerf the mythoclast AGAIN, nerf black hammer, invective AGAIN, icebreaker AGAIN, etc
i know that feeling.

patrol should be 6 players and pvp needs 4 player modes

this game just can't do 6 v 6

they want to try so bad but ughhhh

Wallach

wait, why do we want to nerf Gjallarhorn again?

just stop doing solar burn. it's already ridiculously stacked. mythoclast, vision of confluence, black hammer, etc.

It's not wise to leave a problem and design around it. You just start to paint yourself into a corner.

So long as rockets aren't really movement-gated it'll be a problem in PvE, burn or not. You can't really do this to Skolas with a bunch of Black Hammers because you have to have a grounded line of fire (and actually aim the thing properly).

border

Yea it was definitely fun and exhilarating. I like to go to the 1st disarm without stealth, duck while disarming to stealth just in time to move to move to #2. Then use super to go to #3. Shortly after I start running to safety, the super is close to ending and re-invis for the way back! That's my ideal method at least. Of course stuff can make it change haha.
Melee something if I have to improvise.

Duck to cloak before you go to A. While at A, let cloaking wear off and stay visible if possible. Cloak again just before B comes up and run to B. Crouch-cloak if nothing is bothering you, melee-cloak if there are weaksauce enemies nearby. Finish off C with your super if necessary.

lt519

Yay, Hawkmoon finally!!! Horn is next. Got it from PoE chest. Level 32 was cake, we steam rolled it, gonna try 34 tomorrow.

Only took like 350 hours (;

It's not wise to leave a problem and design around it. You just start to paint yourself into a corner.

So long as rockets aren't really movement-gated it'll be a problem in PvE, burn or not. You can't really do this to Skolas with a bunch of Black Hammers because you have to have a grounded line of fire (and actually aim the thing properly).

thats a good point. how will they neef it though? just reduce damage on wolfpacks?

FiraB

Banned
completed the 34 PoE earlier, man was hoping not to get cabal boss again, hate that guy.

Got a hive dude instead that rages and burns the ground for 10 secs or so, had to keep airborne while he was doing it. One of the guys with me was like "hunters are fucked on this boss" and we just laughed. Got queens handgun outta it, not very good compared to a maxxed fatebringer or thorn.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
thats a good point. how will they neef it though? just reduce damage on wolfpacks?

reduce damage and encourage the mini-rockets to spread to adjacent targets maybe? (i say this mainly because i'm tired of running from truth rockets in pvp and would rather deal with something else for a change :|)

border

That would be the most simple way. While I say they should reduce Solar damage in some instances, most people would probably view that as a Gjallarhorn stealth-nerf anyhow. So maybe it's better to just rip off the band-aid and nerf it outright rather than sidestep the issue by futzing around with elemental damage.

border

Got a hive dude instead that rages and burns the ground for 10 secs or so, had to keep airborne while he was doing it. One of the guys with me was like "hunters are fucked on this boss" and we just laughed. Got queens handgun outta it, not very good compared to a maxxed fatebringer or thorn.

I honestly don't know how they expect hunters to deal with that boss. I guess it's just made worse by having a Solar Burn, and in normal encounters it won't be a slow death for those of us without floaty-jumps.

Wallach

There's a number of ways to go about it, but I feel like the best way would probably be to only allow X number of Wolfpack Rounds to ever hit one target. The others would be forced to search for other targets.

FiraB

Banned
I honestly don't know how they expect hunters to deal with that boss. I guess it's just made worse by having a Solar Burn, and in normal encounters it won't be a slow death for those of us without floaty-jumps.
solar burn with it would be nasty, i would just quit.

KyleP29

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, But if you ever get kicked or need to switch characters during round 5 and cant seem to get back in have your team start it and wipe and join them while the match results screen is up.

Just did that to switch to my titan for the level 34 PoE after a team of 2 hunters and a warlock couldn't handle it.

border

Do not see a point in RLs with no tracking. Though I still kept Hezen and Dragons Breath.

Bonus damage on rocket launchers without tracking, perhaps?

Or a bonus damage modifier based on how far a non-tracking rocket travels. 3000 damage for a rocket that goes 20 yards, 6000 damage for one that goes 40 yards. At least it would encourage some people to be a good shot. Part of what makes Gjallarhorn overpowered is that it doesn't really even need to be aimed.

ezekial45

Banned
Should I just stick with PoE for new armor? I cleared the story missions and all the Queen's bounties, but I haven't found a single piece of new armor yet.

Out 1

I'd like to see Hezen doing around 75% of Ghorn's damage and having more ammo in reserve in addition to Tripod perk - incentive enough to free up the exotic slot from time to time.

Friend and I did only the 28PoE. it was easy as it is - our GHs made it even more trivial. We got to the treasure room while discussing how Gjally takes the challenge from almost all content. What do you suppose we got from the chest? 2 Gjallarhorns.

Wallach

Should I just stick with PoE for new armor? I cleared the story missions and all the Queen's bounties, but I haven't found a single piece of new armor yet.

You can buy some new armor from the Tower rep vendors if you have any Vanguard/Crucible marks. They are all updated with HoW.

Zoidberg

Bonus damage on rocket launchers without tracking, perhaps?

Or a bonus damage modifier based on how far a non-tracking rocket travels. 3000 damage for a rocket that goes 20 yards, 6000 damage for one that goes 40 yards. At least it would encourage some people to be a good shot. Part of what makes Gjallarhorn overpowered is that it doesn't really even need to be aimed.

Pretty much, you watch people using it and sometimes they will just blind fire it anywhere and it still gets the job done. They should just tone down the damage of the wolfpack rounds or reduce the number of them.

KyleP29

you dont really need new armor unless your looking for something specific stat, perk, or look wise.

Any of your existing legendary armor will get you to the max light level with etheric light.

but PoE (and trials) gear will get you there without having to hunt for etheric light...but youll be stuck with their stat, and perk roll.

So does it matter what level PoE you use your key on? Isn't it the same across the board? Exotic plus Queen Legendary for your first chest of the week, and every chest after that is just a Queen Legendary?

Ken

So does it matter what level PoE you use your key on? Isn't it the same across the board? Exotic plus Queen Legendary for your first chest of the week, and every chest after that is just a Queen Legendary?

Idk about the exotic part but yeah I think all level chests pull from same table which is lame cause I have like 5 wolf's banes.

Got my last key from doing all the standard DLC missions/quests. I'm saving this key for L35 if that can give anything special. I have 1 more L34 then at least like to try 1x 35.

I got coins, truth and dragons breath from the 3 nightfalls. Lucky for me I never really levelled my Old dragons breath so yay? So essentially I got 24 coins for the 3 NF. Rerolls for days!

Took about 12 rerolls to get this beauty:
HMGeUCB.png

Just beat POE 34 with a 32. Biggest carry ever from Canned and Robert.

Thanks guys.

No prob~ You managed to die less than us haha. You died mostly during Urrox and his flame~ It's hard on a hunter

The warlock angel wings make it easy, but then you realize there's a CD on it so you end up taking damage.

can we all agree that slow rate of fire pulse rifles are the worst weapons in the game? ugh something about it is really grating. is like nails on chalk boards

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So far I have pulse, auto, shotgun and fusion Queen weapons. Just need Sniper and Scout for the set.

How come you can reroll Queen stuff but not HOW stuff? That's racist.

At least my Titan is 34 now. Just need to decide which gear to ascend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom