• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondFancy

JGdIJEN.jpg

Konichiwa Bitches

the only downside to my Subtle Nudge roll is that the sniper model is hideous. I wish it looked like this.

obRPZF3.jpg

this sniper is beautiful :(

why can't this be a legendary hieracon? i'd spend a milion motes to roll this for the perfect roll.

LiK

the only downside to my Subtle Nudge roll is that the sniper model is hideous. I wish it looked like this.

obRPZF3.jpg

this sniper is beautiful :(

why can't this be a legendary hieracon? i'd spend a milion motes to roll this for the perfect roll.

Hah, your perfect sniper still eludes you

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Used armor and weapon core and got the last rebellion. You can't reroll HOW weapons? I wanted gear. Now I'm stuck at 32 on my hunter.

Used armor and weapon core and got the last rebellion. You can't reroll HOW weapons? I wanted gear. Now I'm stuck at 32 on my hunter.

O; nuuuuu! Yeah, you can't reroll weapons. Sucks. I got that rocket launcher too. It sucks. I'm disappointed in the HoW weapons ._.

[*]Shortgaze AND Ambush

What're the pro/cons of Shortgaze vs Ambush? Do you think one is flat-out better or do you switch between them in different situations? I know they're the go-to PvP scopes but don't understand all the details going on "behind the scenes" with stats like handling or target acquisition.

Also, RIP Baby Blue ;_; You produced more salt than the entire Morton's company.

Hah, your perfect sniper still eludes you

stats ultimately come before aesthetics. if i didn't think this way, i'd still be level 20 with blue weapons.

when i think of twilight, i think of blue stuff, so i think twilight should have a signature blue sniper. the description for that one is amazing as well.

but my roll is amazinger and i can't wait to use it.

What're the pro/cons of Shortgaze vs Ambush? Do you think one is flat-out better or do you switch between them in different situations? I know they're the go-to PvP scopes but don't understand all the details going on "behind the scenes" with stats like handling or target acquisition.

Also, RIP Baby Blue ;_; You produced more salt than the entire Morton's company.

Ambush has superior reload and stability stats and i think it aims faster. But I think Shortgaze is still better. the reticle on Ambush is less stable. it moves when you walk and it bounces all over the place when you're shot. Shortgaze's reticle is more stable.

i don't think Unflinching will do much to change that, but i'll use this opportunity to confirm. i had a Hieracon with Ambush and Unflinching and i hated it.

LiK

stats ultimately come before aesthetics. if i didn't think this way, i'd still be level 20 with blue weapons.

when i think of twilight, i think of blue stuff, so i think twilight should have a signature blue sniper. the description for that one is amazing as well.

but my roll is amazinger and i can't wait to use it.

yea, I think you're gonna destroy with that gun esp in PVP.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
O; nuuuuu! Yeah, you can't reroll weapons. Sucks. I got that rocket launcher too. It sucks. I'm disappointed in the HoW weapons ._.

Just going to use the armor core from my warlock and use it with hunter. Not in a hurry to really level up my warlock. Titan first, hunter second, warlock last.

Since I'm 32, I'm just going to do a lot of stealth stuff.

Just going to use the armor core from my warlock and use it with hunter. Not in a hurry to really level up my warlock. Titan first, hunter second, warlock last.

I fell into the same trap, haha. I used one core for this character and got lucky that I got an etheric light through NF. Stupid judgements chance. Shouldn't be too hard.

border

I don't really know what Bungie is supposed to do about Gjallarhorn. Designing encounters with the assumption that every member of the fireteam is going to have Gjallarhorn is going to make those fights awful for people that don't have it. Nerfing Gjallarhorn is going to piss off everyone that has it.

EL CUCO

you know what, I don't know if it's because I'm fresh off a 3 month Destiny break, but I'm ok with this "expansion". Its more like a bite sized-mini expansion in quantity but I definitely see that Bungie actually put some thought into what's there. Quite the opposite of TDB. If this would've had a Raid (even a smaller Raid like CE), it would've been amazing.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

warlock oppression continues

Killed him in 20 seconds and it still makes you defuse several rounds of mines. Lol

Kinda sad, goes to show how little they play tested this and/or bothered to account for the most obvious strategy everyone would use. First round of mines is triggered when he drops below 50% HP, second wave triggered at 25%... But three Horn'ers kill him before the first mine has time to pop up, and all adds despawn when Skolas dies so defusing the mines is a leisurely stroll in the park.

I don't really know what Bungie is supposed to do about Gjallarhorn. Designing encounters with the assumption that every member of the fireteam is going to have Gjallarhorn is going to make those fights awful for people that don't have it. Nerfing Gjallarhorn is going to piss off everyone that has it.

Can't wait to see all the LFG posts "must be level 34 with gjallarhorn"

darthbob

Or they go the nuclear route and just remove Ghorn from the whole game.

Imagine, a Destiny without ghorns.
:( dont do this bng

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice 34 guys.

Improving at my PoE stealth game, I actually find it really fun playing a bladedancer focusing on the objectives. I'm learning little tricks to stay alive and routes for each room. You can hit the mine to trigger Escape Artist btw. Arc Blade will also give you more than enough stealth to stay invisible the full duration of one dismantle, but it's actually better to activate right at the end of one to transition to another and get it most of the way done.

Wallach

I wish they'd just nerf it in PvE and get it over with. They let it get to be a problem because they didn't do so earlier, but they shouldn't let the problem just fester and fuck up their content either.

i need one more Etheric light to get to 34. i think i'm going to try to level my warlock up to 32 tomorrow and then run PoE and Nightfall on her and try to get Etheric light. i feel like it's a waste of time though because it isn't guaranteed

CLBridges

Thanks again Hawkian and LTWood for the PoE 34 clear, so many clutch moments by everyone. Picked up the Kellbreaker's Mind helm for warlock, rolled my armor/weapon core at Variks and got lucky, who knew reaching level cap would come this quick, oh well. That was fun.

Edit: ^ yeah Kartik, my Lv34 Titan is Saint helm + PoE arms + VoG chest + CE boots. Pretty funky looking but very nice stats overall and I like the CE boot's sword agility since I'll be doing a lot more HM Sword running with my Titan from now on.

I think Shortgaze is still better .

Awesome, thanks for the info. Shortgaze seems to be the consensus pick from what I've heard.

border

Kinda sad, goes to show how little they play tested this and/or bothered to account for the most obvious strategy everyone would use. First round of mines is triggered when he drops below 50% HP, second wave triggered at 25%... But three Horn'ers kill him before the first mine has time to pop up, and all adds despawn when Skolas dies so defusing the mines is a leisurely stroll in the park.

They playtested it, thoroughly I would imagine.

I don't think anyone really wanted a situation where they increased his health by 50% just so Gjallahorny fireteams would have a hard time, because that means everyone else would have an impossible time.

Zocano

They playtested it, thoroughly I would imagine.

I don't think anyone really wanted a situation where they increased his health by 50% just so Gjallahorny fireteams would have a hard time, because that means everyone else would have an impossible time.

The solution is nerf Gjallarhorn.

border

Nice 34 guys.

Improving at my PoE stealth game, I actually find it really fun playing a bladedancer focusing on the objectives. I'm learning little tricks to stay alive and routes for each room. You can hit the mine to trigger Escape Artist btw. Arc Blade will also give you more than enough stealth to stay invisible the full duration of one dismantle, but it's actually better to activate right at the end of one to transition to another and get it most of the way done.

Bladedancer is essential for Prison of Elders, much to my delight. Smart use of Vanish and Escape Artist makes defusing mines trivial, and it will only get better when we can use our Don't Touch Me gloves again. I think the biggest advantage is that your teammates can distract almost all the monsters that spawn, while you quietly defuse everything. Sometimes it doesn't even matter if your cloaking wears off, because everything is at the other end of the room and not paying any attention to the crouched hunter on the opposite side.

In a PoE34 run tonight I was almost able to solo all 3 mines. I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling Cursed Thrall who decided to hang out by the last mine.

wait, why do we want to nerf Gjallarhorn again?

just stop doing solar burn. it's already ridiculously stacked. mythoclast, vision of confluence, black hammer, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom