• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I'd recommend doing it on Normal once just to get the mechanics without the no-dying aspect. For tonight I'd be looking for experienced people to bust through it super fast. But you could join Sword School on Sunday (haven't posted the signups for this yet) if you were interested- this one will be the first one done on Hard- where I'll explain the boss in full and you could have a chance on the sword. Also next's week's Newbie raid will be a CE.

Sword School will be hard mode though right? Don't think I can even join/enter the activity without doing normal first, right?

noomi

I think there might be a random chance to have him sell 1 per week at a very high cost (50 motes).

I would really love for Xur to sell Etheric Light!

I plan on ascending these as quickly as I can:

- 2 crota armor pieces
- Fatebringer
- Vision of Confluence
- Corrective Measure

The rest can wait a bit longer.

Shito

I actually like doing the Omnigul cheese, but this cheese looks boring as hell to me. I guess I'll save it for the Nightfall, which can be a tad unpredictable with enemy spawns.
Funny, I'm just the opposite: I really don't like the Omnigul cheese, but this one looks fun to me. I don't really know why, I think it's just that ghost thing that is selling it to me... ^^

I wish we knew what armor piece Variks will have next week. I think I will wait to ascend any legendary gear until I know which one. No rush to get to 34 just yet...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, you're in good position because you can do just about anything to progress, lol.

You don't have any exotic armor yet eh? Buy an Exotic from Xur this weekend as well as an Exotic shard if you can afford it. Ascend it and you'll be almost 30 instantly. Then buy anything for your other slots from the Vanguard or Crucible vendors.

Edit: Actually, you don't have to ascend it. Silly me. Just buy an Exotic and work on leveling it up to Max (you do still need an Exotic shard for that)

Impala26

Any point of running PoE-28 again if you've already completed it once but don't have any treasure keys? Or is sticking to strike playlist a better option for engrams and whatnot?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sword School will be hard mode though right? Don't think I can even join/enter the activity without doing normal first, right?
It will, I believe you can as long as you're not trying to start it yourself... but maybe someone can correct me on that? I've certainly never tried.

LiK

Petra's Bounties? Or Vanguard? Already completed Petra's the other day.

We will be doing this later tonight. Gonna head back to Witcher in a bit.

Oh, are Petra bounties weekly refresh? I didn't check. I think I did all the Vanguard ones with my Titan. Warlock and Hunter still has them.

border

I would really love for Xur to sell Etheric Light!

I plan on ascending these as quickly as I can:

- 2 crota armor pieces
- Fatebringer
- Vision of Confluence
- Corrective Measure

The rest can wait a bit longer.

I think most people are better off getting 2 characters to 34 this week, but if you can't resist upgrading a few weapons then go ahead and pull the trigger. I guess if you are willing to gun for the Osiris chest armor then you can spare a few etheric light anyway.

Shito

Any point of running PoE-28 again if you've already completed it once but don't have any treasure keys? Or is sticking to strike playlist a better option for engrams and whatnot?
If you wanna farm engrams, I would farm key chests: it seems to me that as long as they don't fix the possibility of opening them several time, they are a faster way to get engrams than strikes, AND you get a chance at finding a key.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I had a bad headache last night and I was bummed out on constant wipes, woke up this morning without it and then I saw so many people get to level 34...so I was sucked back in. I still believe that that particular round is the absolute low of this game for me personally. Thing is 6 player raids and PvP are the reason why I have kept playing this game. This type of game mode (i.e. horde mode) doesn't appeal to me at all especially with just 3 player.

Basically I was playing a mode that I dislike that was full of everything I detest about Destiny (level disadvantage, swarming you with enemies, modifiers that are heavily against you), without having any keys (so no rewards outside of etheric light) and failing at it while having a headache.

That's understandable. It is essentially a variation of a horde mode, so if they're not your thing I can't imagine it's much fun.

Ironically, one of the things I love the most about Destiny is that feeling of being absolutely outnumbered and outlevelled but then figuring out a way to win despite the odds. It's the same reason I sunk a hundred hours plus into Dark Souls. I know they're really different games, but I get the same satisfaction from things like the Nightfall and Prison of Elders.

Maybe that's just because I'm still finding my feet after a couple of months away.

I totally totally agree that the Vault is the best PvE experience in the game. I hope that we get a level 32 variation of it soon to give me that sense of challenge again.

Deku Tree

Did you guys hear about the lvl34 PoE Round 4 Cheese?

Not that I'm condoning or condemning it, but apparently there is a spot where you can stand and it will stop adds from coming into the area.

Just a friendly FYI :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...can_prevent_enemies_from_spawning_in_round_4/

*edit*

Top!

Shameless plug for School of Hawk: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/611324

I think we did that by accident last night. Then it stopped and the adds showed up so we must have moved.

GutZ31

So how do I get from this: https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/4599491

to playing the new expansion? do I have to buy the last expansion that no one really liked?

is it even worth buying if I am just going to fire through the quests?

You don't need crota's end, but it could make things slightly easier. All the factions, including vangard sell armor that will get you to 32 base, then give it an etheric light to go to 34.

HoW would be a much better purchase than CE though.

noomi

I think most people are better off getting 2 characters to 34 this week, but if you can't resist upgrading a few weapons then go ahead and pull the trigger. I guess if you are willing to gun for the Osiris chest armor then you can spare a few etheric light anyway.

Only, need to get one to 34. I run 3 hunters, so I just swap the same gear between them all to get everything done.

I really miss using my VoG weapons, some of them are absolutely fantastic.

Does Trials of Osiris start tomorrow or Saturday?

I'm almost certain they said it would start Friday ends on Tuesday reset.

With solar burn have we finally found a reason to use Dragon's Breath?

No :(

GutZ31

With solar burn have we finally found a reason to use Dragon's Breath?
hhn.gif

Namikaze1

Rep points but is a measly 12 points per round, engrams, and possible loot drops like keys.

I had the option of getting third guardian to 34 today. If I hadn't ascended Fatebringer, my Hunter would be 34 right now, making every one of my guardians 34.

Does Trials of Osiris start tomorrow or Saturday?
Tomorrow.

Most of it is. The HMG is the only one I can't recommend outright. Pest Control Matrix and One/One Synesthete are great canvasses for rerolling and not bad out of the box either. The sniper has excellent stats. If you like Fusions, Give/Take Equation has been my constant companion since HoW launched, it has one of the tightest spreads I've ever seen.
The sniper rifle is solid for PvP (once the perks have been rerolled), if you're into that sort of thing.

Hmm. Might get the sniper then. I do need a new fusion though...

KyleP29

I wish we knew what armor piece Variks will have next week. I think I will wait to ascend any legendary gear until I know which one. No rush to get to 34 just yet...

Yea im saving my third armor core and one etheric light until next week so im able to hit 34 on one character off the bat and then use their progress and my other characters progress to get one more to 34.

Kyne

Fuck man. I thought iron banner was stressful..

Trials is gonna be a whole other level. Definitely gonna need a third person for the weekend. I'd rather come to gaf than lfg.

Edit: top of page masterclass
aWPujIA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom