• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

LTWood et al, point of note:

The Vex Mythoclast counts as a special, not a primary weapon as far as the PoE Modifiers. That means that nothing was happening when you tried it that round with the primary damage bonus.

It also means that during rounds with the special damage bonus, equipping it will enable you to have two buffed weapons.

Same with Universal Remote and probably No Land Beyond.

For whatever reason though these don't get "Special Weapon" related gear perks, only weapon-specific ones. So there is no way to increase their reload speed via glove slot.

Just finished PoE 34 in less than an hour probably. All warlocks, cheesed round 4 and the boss wasn't that hard only took us 3 wipes at the start. Now all I need to do is PoE 34 on my Titan. And maybe I'll try to do PoE 35 this week once I hit 34 from ToO gear.

Speaking of which, anyone want to plan to tackle ToO together tomorrow?

raindoc

Just finished PoE 34 in less than an hour probably. All warlocks, cheesed round 4 and the boss wasn't that hard only took us 3 wipes at the start. Now all I need to do is PoE 34 on my Titan. And maybe I'll try to do PoE 35 this week once I hit 34 from ToO gear.

Speaking of which, anyone want to plan to tackle ToO together tomorrow?

I need to know more.

EDIT: for the new page:

Any PoE 34 starting? 33 Hunter and I need Etheric!

I need to do a 34 PoE too, Bubble titan here

PSN?

mine = same as gaf

KyleP29

Nothing worse than someone on LFG asking for only people who are level 34 with Gally's to join, only to find out that the person themselves not only isn't a level 34, but they also don't have a gally.
KuGsj.gif

yea i got bit on that yesterday. Lvl 32+ only on the PoE 32, get in and its some 31 who had no survival instincts. Wanted to ditch out since we couldn't focus long enough on the boss to try and keep him up in the off chance one of us died, but i really didnt want to do the whole thing over, and while round 5 took us about an hour, we only wiped once....

X-Frame

A few questions for everyone:

1. Is the armor that drops from Judgement's Chance for a random class? Or always the class you are?

2. Is there any reason to keep/hoard Armor or Weapon Cores (for example when you don't like the week's selection) if you plan on running the PoE a few times each week?

To add, if the armor and weapon's available cost 1 Core each, and you run PoE 3x a week you gain 3 Core's each but only use 1 Core each week, so after a few weeks you'd have a surplus of them anyway even if you buy every weapon and armor. Or am I missing something?

Quoted for the afternoon. Anyone have any input? Thanks!

How many ToO wins do you need to buy the armor piece?

Do the buffs last for a just one passage or for longer than that?

I think you need 5 wins, Deku do you have a group formed already for it? I gotten better in PVP and would love to grind it fast with you :eek:

I need to know more.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...can_prevent_enemies_from_spawning_in_round_4/

Round 4 is known to be the hardest since you have to take care of the mines while mobs spawn. By standing on a specific ledge (ONE PERSON), and the other two people spread out so that they are not getting agro you can go to the mines without mobs coming after you.

This will happen after the first wave, so you should leave one mob up so the person has enough time to go to that spot (also you can leave the mob up so everyone can charge their super).

Impala26

I always thought the perk was defect, have no idea why i thought that tho. I have to try it out then ;p

Catapult is kind of momentum based. If you stop in your tracks, push in the direction you want to start moving and double tap jump quickly you'll notice the quick acceleration.

Written by a 11 year old lol

I think you folks are kind of missing the point here.

Variks is an ALIEN after all (English is not his first language obviously)--from a somewhat barbaric/hegemonic race of creatures that values power above all else. Would you... expect an alien like that to be able to speak the finer points of the English language?

:p

phen0m24

Variks is a LIZARD after all (English is not his first language obviously)--from a somewhat barbaric/hegemonic race of creatures that values power above all else. Would you... expect A LIZARD like that to be able to speak the finer points of the English language?

;) fixed that for you

Catapult is kind of momentum based. If you stop in your tracks, push in the direction you want to start moving and double tap jump quickly you'll notice the quick acceleration.

Variks is an ALIEN after all (English is not his first language obviously)--from a somewhat barbaric/hegemonic race of creatures that values power above all else. Would you... expect an alien like that to be able to speak the finer points of the English language?

True actually, I'm english and i have a poor grasp on ot half... all the time.

Deku Tree

I think you need 5 wins, Deku do you have a group formed already for it? I gotten better in PVP and would love to grind it fast with you :eek:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...can_prevent_enemies_from_spawning_in_round_4/

Round 4 is known to be the hardest since you have to take care of the mines while mobs spawn. By standing on a specific ledge (ONE PERSON), and the other two people spread out so that they are not getting agro you can go to the mines without mobs coming after you.

This will happen after the first wave, so you should leave one mob up so the person has enough time to go to that spot (also you can leave the mob up so everyone can charge their super).

Sounds great Darryl, let's grind ToO together.

nOoblet16

My friend who left destiny is now back excited for ToO. He's mainly a PvP player.

He is adamant that he's playing ToO being a level 32 and will do fine.

Is he right? I thought the level advantages were even more important in ToO? Is being a 32 that big of a disadvantage if he played all 34s?

Yea if it's anything like the level advantages in IB then 2 level down makes little to no difference, even less when you consider that most people won't really be 34. When you are 4-5 levels below that's where difference starts to be noticeable as you start having stuff like what used to kill with two shots now leaves the enemy with a sliver of health, that sort of difference. The level of the weapons matter more really.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Well of course. He sounds non-American and therefore
Alien, duh!

Just need one more person to join us. I don't think I'm going to be using the buffs right away. I want to see if I'll actually need them. Are you trying to do it for all 3 classes or just 1?
I'll join you guys for ToO tomorrow. I want to get the chest piece. We can do it for our other characters if it runs well.

The Vex Mythoclast counts as a special, not a primary weapon as far as the PoE Modifiers. That means that nothing was happening when you tried it that round with the primary damage bonus.

It also means that during rounds with the special damage bonus, equipping it will enable you to have two buffed weapons.

Goods info. It's always been infuriating trying to figure out when/if secondary/primary buffs applied to those weapons.

KyleP29

A few questions for everyone:

1. Is the armor that drops from Judgement's Chance for a random class? Or always the class you are?

2. Is there any reason to keep/hoard Armor or Weapon Cores (for example when you don't like the week's selection) if you plan on running the PoE a few times each week?

To add, if the armor and weapon's available cost 1 Core each, and you run PoE 3x a week you gain 3 Core's each but only use 1 Core each week, so after a few weeks you'd have a surplus of them anyway even if you buy every weapon and armor. Or am I missing something?

1. Haven't tried. Only rumoring i heard was if it drops a weapon it can drop a queens weapon with elemental on it. Not sure if true or just new dlc troll info that always seems to float around the internet.

2. Right now, probably not. The goal is to get to level 34 as quick as possible so you can with relative ease run all PoE levels a week for etheric light & cores. After that sure, save them until its a piece with perks/stats/look you like and then add them to your armor mix.

well you only gain 2 cores for each 1 armor on 32 1 weapon on 34 and weapon and armor on 35. But yes after a few weeks you will build a surplus so no reason to feel like you need to horde them now or anything. Unless your 32.5 or 33.5 after doing everything you can this week but save a core from another character for next week so you can use it to get to 33 or 34 right off the bat making your life in either the 32 or 34 PoE easier.

Damn. Good call. Didn't even think about that.

I'll join you guys for ToO tomorrow. I want to get the chest piece. We can do it for our other characters if it runs well.

Sounds good as long as Deku is cool with it all. :) We can practice skirmish a bit later. I wonder would it be best to be all different classes or all of the same to throw off other teams.

Looking for 1 more for PoE 34. We've done it twice and finishing up the last

Screw it I'm down. Level 33 titan.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So is it possible to get Firefly to roll on a sniper? I've spent quite a lot of glimmer and orbs of light (approx 20-25 rolls) on a Queens Sniper trying to get it and have had zero luck.

Wallach

So is it possible to get Firefly to roll on a sniper? I've spent quite a lot of glimmer and orbs of light (approx 20-25 rolls) on a Queens Sniper trying to get it and have had zero luck.

Someone else asked the same thing yesterday. I don't think it is in the sniper perk pool anymore, only Scout Rifle (and maybe Hand Cannon).

Anyone for PoE 32?

Sure, invite me (WallachGAF) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom