• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

Mine run on either wine or vodka... and, similar to you, green plants (that are actually in the same family as hops, TMYK).

1997aebaebc15baad993afdbb947228e.jpg

Oh wait.

2y63v59.gif

ExVicis

gin is my liquor of choice, but I've never been to a gin bar. Tanqueray 10 or Bombay Sapphire preferred.

This is on topic, because a nice stiff cocktail keeps the Darkness at bay.

Personally my Warlock has found Whiskey to be the choice drink when out on a patrol on the Moon. When I was in University I drank way too much Gin and now I can't deal with it anymore.

Anyone looking to run the lvl 34 Prison?

I'll go on my 33 Warlock. I have you already friended if you remember me.

I think I might be done most of my Destiny grinding today. Going to hop on The Witcher 3 for a bit and do some side quests.

So has anyone figured out a strategy for beating PoE 34 round 5 without titans? Managed to do it earlier but we had 3 titans..

I did it with a team of 3 warlocks. We first went right so we could have more room to quickly take out mobs (wizards, ogres, etc) by the first rage most of them were done. We just stayed in the air with our hover (flight of light or something like that). After that we ran to the left and slowly ticked away health. 2 of us had ice breakers, one had ghorn. We kept rockets ready also for when wizards and knights spawn to take them down.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
gin is my liquor of choice, but I've never been to a gin bar. Tanqueray 10 or Bombay Sapphire preferred.

This is on topic, because a nice stiff cocktail keeps the Darkness at bay.

Both lovely! With some tonic, crushed ice and lime :)

Haha yes. When you think about it, we are all Travelers.

bucyou55

Banned
so i did the first PoE, beat it.. then the timer started, i fell and died.. was there any chests at the bottom or something? I was fucking pissed and did not get anything for beating it besides some stupid rare helmet

Hoodbury

so i did the first PoE, beat it.. then the timer started, i fell and died.. was there any chests at the bottom or something? I was fucking pissed and did not get anything for beating it besides some stupid rare helmet

Yes, the 3 chests are down at the bottom.

Hoodbury

I opened mine and installed it to the hard drive...hope to play this weekend...maybe

I really should at least get it installed, so when I do decide to play it I can just hop in. I'm moving soon, so might be without internet connection for a bit so that's my justification for playing Destiny as opposed to an offline single player game. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Destiny addiction is real, heh.

noomi

So has anyone figured out a strategy for beating PoE 34 round 5 without titans? Managed to do it earlier but we had 3 titans..

Jump and pray!

Kills adds as quickly as you can, when that wizard shows up drop him fast, knights need to go asap as well. Then just focus fire on flame prince.

The timer starts as soon as someone opens that chest, you have 30 seconds. People need to wait for everyone to be in the room before opening :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey GAF - whats the consensus on the best scout rifle in game right now?
There are a whole bunch of great options.

Depends on what type you like. Fast RoF? Low RoF/High Impact? Stability? Care about full auto?

If you don't have a clear preference, I'd just buy a Synesthete at the Vanguard and reroll it til you like the look of it.

There are a whole bunch of great options.

Depends on what type you like. Fast RoF? Low RoF/High Impact? Stability? Care about full auto?

If you don't have a clear preference, I'd just buy a Synesthete at the Vanguard and reroll it til you like the look of it.

I like stability, and of course rod and impact are important. Clip size is a consideration..and I def want to reroll for auto/firefly.

its between the synesthete and zero point for me I think. Having trouble deciding before I sink a lot of motes into it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
On Sunsinger, Angel of Light is incredible for it. Hunters have the most trouble. Gunslinger's Triple Jump helps a lot (and Solar Burn Golden Gun kicks the shit out of wizards) but at 33 I was too reliant on stealth survival/revives to give up Bladedancer.

belmakor

Well, that was fun. Did PoE 28 with a couple of randoms. Got universal remote, her right hand and another treasure key out of one of the side chests.

X-Frame

1. Haven't tried. Only rumoring i heard was if it drops a weapon it can drop a queens weapon with elemental on it. Not sure if true or just new dlc troll info that always seems to float around the internet.

2. Right now, probably not. The goal is to get to level 34 as quick as possible so you can with relative ease run all PoE levels a week for etheric light & cores. After that sure, save them until its a piece with perks/stats/look you like and then add them to your armor mix.

well you only gain 2 cores for each 1 armor on 32 1 weapon on 34 and weapon and armor on 35. But yes after a few weeks you will build a surplus so no reason to feel like you need to horde them now or anything. Unless your 32.5 or 33.5 after doing everything you can this week but save a core from another character for next week so you can use it to get to 33 or 34 right off the bat making your life in either the 32 or 34 PoE easier.

Thanks for the response!

hydruxo

Go to the area in the far left corner from where you enter the room at, basically post up there the whole time taking care of adds and shooting Urrox whenever you get a chance.

For Warlocks, just use the Angel of Light perk that lets you freeze in the air for a few seconds while aiming. Hunters have a little more trouble without Titan bubbles, but use Triple jump, and just keep jumping. Try to jump at the peak of each jump so that you're getting as much time in the air as possible.

It's also important to try not to take any damage from the adds before Urrox sets the ground on fire. If you aren't at full health when it happens it just makes it that much harder to stay alive while trying to stay off the ground.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like stability, and of course rod and impact are important. Clip size is a consideration..and I def want to reroll for auto/firefly.

its between the synesthete and zero point for me I think. Having trouble deciding before I sink a lot of motes into it.
The clip size is pretty similar, I'd say make the call based on what you like/prefer out of these:

One/One Synesthete is the faster-firing and more balanced overall
Zero Point LOTP is the slower-firing but more damaging

As a full auto/firefly base I'd vote for the Synesthete, and hope for a reload-buffing option in the middle tree.

Both have awesome names.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Dead Orbit one can be made into a rapid fire firefly monster.
I'm leveling up my Deadshot Luna for full auto/explosive rounds, it is an exquisite weapon. The fire rate is just nuts. Still the Synesthete isn't that far behind and smokes it in Stability terms. They're all good though. Hell the Zero Point LOTP is a solid stand-in for Gheleon's Demise, which is still my favorite scout in the game personally.

ich00

Cain't get one no mo if he doesn't have it!

It would be awesome if they instituted some sort of rotating inventory of old weapons at the gunsmith. It could even be on a weekly reset. Make it cost strange coins and the appropriate faction rep, something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom