• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a good, productive day. Got Abyss Defiant, maxed out my Fang of Ir Yut, reached the final upgrade node of Thorn, and was blessed with Hawkmoon.

Yep, t'was a good day.

Namikaze1

Video editing done. It's 4 and a half minutes long. Making sure things are straight before up,leading it to YouTube. Should be done in an hour or so.

Using Destinyexotics.com I found I am missing three exotics: Gjallahorn; Truth; & Vex Mythocast. For VOG I am missing Fatebringer & Hezen Vengeance. And for CE the Black Hammer continues to elude me. Not bad considering I started playing Destiny in February of this year.

Cheers

every time i visit reddit i leave wanting to kill myself.

there's literally no where to discuss this game anymore.

The level at which you play, very few people are at. Add to the fact that PVP is well its interesting to say the least in Destiny.

Yeah I can see the lack of rational discourse on forums as annoying.

The level at which you play, very few people are at. Add to the fact that PVP is well its interesting to say the least in Destiny.

Yeah I can see the lack of rational discourse on forums as annoying.

i'm not interested in an echo chamber on "high level play". i just want to talk about the multiplayer. but the whole format on reddit does nothing to facilitate healthy discussion or debate unless it's "popular opinion". and then that's basically an echo chamber anyway.

and i don't like pulling the stats card. being good doesn't mean i'm always right. but it's like if you don't post stats with every single post, the only response you'll see is "git good".

if i roll my eyes anymore they'll fall out

i'm not interested in an echo chamber on "high level play". i just want to talk about the multiplayer. but the whole format on reddit does nothing to facilitate healthy discussion or debate unless it's "popular opinion". and then that's basically an echo chamber anyway.

and i don't like pulling the stats card. being good doesn't mean i'm always right. but it's like if you don't post stats with every single post, the only response you'll see is "git good".

if i roll my eyes anymore they'll fall out

Sorry if I came across that way.

People that are good at things, people that are genuinely good at their hobbies often want to discuss said hobby in a civilized and healthy manner. Getting together with like minded people and discussing interests usually is a good past time in itself.

The problem with forums on the internet is that people can spout all sorts of crap with no actual interest in promoting the growth of their hobbies or interests.

Destiny is an amazing game, but it also has a lot of room for growth. People never really want to discuss promoting said growth instead they just want to have one sided all or none arguments on why they dislike or like Destiny but hardly ever are there good constructive creative discussions on the merits of Destiny or where it should go.

I just visit Destiny reddit for the headlines and the news in the OP of the popular threads.

Reading the comments is nuts.

large forums with rep/voting/likes just aren't good places to hold discussion. it's good for useful or interesting content to have a chance for exposure, but it creates a false environment where people only say what others want to hear, lest they ostracize themselves.

Sorry if I came across that way.

People that are good at things, people that are genuinely good at their hobbies often want to discuss said hobby in a civilized and healthy manner. Getting together with like minded people and discussing interests usually is a good past time in itself.

The problem with forums on the internet is that people can spout all sorts of crap with no actual interest in promoting the growth of their hobbies or interests.

Destiny is an amazing game, but it also has a lot of room for growth. People never really want to discuss promoting said growth instead they just want to have one sided all or none arguments on why they dislike or like Destiny but hardly ever are there good constructive creative discussions on the merits of Destiny or where it should go.

i didn't mean anything by it. was just clarifying why i felt the way i did.

i agree with you. it's just another example of players expecting too much out of this game.

I have HM Gorgon Chest on Xbox One if anyone wants to join, I need to move the checkpoint across my characters. GT is lLemonDemon (first letter is an L).

large forums with rep/voting/likes just aren't good places to hold discussion. it's good for useful or interesting content to have a chance for exposure, but it creates a false environment where people only say what others want to hear, lest they ostracize themselves.
Agreed thats one reason why I dislike reddit.

Deku Tree

true

Agreed thats one reason why I dislike reddit.

it doesn't help either that downvotes aren't really public on reddit. makes it ripe for abuse.

i wont bring it up anymore though, much for the same reason i don't feel like i should spend too much time discussing crucible here. destinygaf is certainly not predominantly LFG posts...but i think it ought to be. there's a lot of discussion to be held about this game and it tends to bury the posters looking for players to fill their lobbies.

Apt101

Sorry again about last night ya'll. I suck, and I was forced off.

Tonight I'm going to try to level up some gear and earn some marks. I am amazed how quickly this game got me again. Hooked just like that, after straight hating on it for months. Funny how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom