• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

Thanks again to Cosmos and Hydruxo for the PoE 35 clear. Rolled Judgement's Chance and got another Warlock helm, also got Wolves' Leash scout rifle from another roll. Shader, ship etc. all looks cool and Gjallarhorn is still king lol.

Weapons of light doesn't affect Gjallarhorn or any other rocket launcher with proximity detonation.

Thought it had some really low 1% boost (which you'd need as much as possible being under leveled) but apparently it really doesn't. Even still I wouldn't recommend doing it without a bubble to reload/use ammo. I had to pop and squat in the open with Skolas five feet away.

ocean

Banned
Sorry, they've flubbed it with the treasure chest, the keys, some of the rewards for level 35 skolas being tied to said keys(As well as certain marks/icons).

Again, I'll at my words if Xur sells keys. I'm happy with everything else though.
I think they Treasure Key mechanic is great. All players have a ridiculous amount of chances at Legendary/Exotic rolls - 2 raids at 2 difficulties, NF, PvP etc.

Treasure keys are just a bonus available to players who dedicate more time to the game. I might end up using maybe a key a month because I don't have time to farm them, I'll rely on queen's favors rng. People who spend a lot more time in the game than I do would benefit from keys and I think they deserve it.

In terms of "adding even more grind", I really see keys as being an extra super optional bonus. It's grindy but unlike the planetary material farming of old, this is not required for absolutely anything :p

I'll agree with you that Skolas should drop his vanity items with or without a key. But calling this 3 steps back is way out of proportion imo since it implies the game is worse for these mechanics than it was a week ago?

The fact that upgrading legendaries is so fast and material-cheap now has changed the game for me. I can have numerous sets of purple gear level up and swap according to the scenario. No commendation/ascendant/radiant grind. Freaking raid tokens at last (cores) so we can make predictable progress. HoW for me has been a success more because of system overhauls than because of content added.

I am, however, bummed about the non elemental primaries. I'd have done the following: keep the current system (weapon core), but add a special item to drop from Skolas which can "Ascend" or some other name a PoE primary to have an element. That, or sell elemental primaries outright with a PoE 35 special core or something.

That said, the way it works now is just random drops from PoE, the way raid drops worked. It's not a system I like, but it's one they have been comfortable using from the very beginning. I want a solar HC :(

Level 34 Guardians!

Completed all 4 levels of PoE on each character and used all Etheric Light to get my characters to 34. My mix of VoG and CE raid armour helped balance out the poor rolls that Bungie gave us on PoE armour this week.

Looking forward to ascending weapons with all future Etheric Light. Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence will be the first ones.

KXn2gTY.jpg

9tPwErV.jpg

W8LiYhH.jpg

I'll join you as soon as I'm set. Just gotta get the Hunter correct.

Any Hunters out there know the best way to deal with lava floor?

I use Gunslinger, triple jump. Try not to use your jumps im one go, jump then wait til you come down but as soon as you feel you are low enough then jump again. I kept doing this and every time my health was at the las bar or below it gave me enough time to regenerate it back to the first bar when it turns white.

Also, try to jump by the stairs since they are on an incline thus giving you more time in the air. Compared to jumping on the top of them.

Zocano

Someone please explain to me the level/damage system!

You get a percentage damage output decrease, and damage input increase based on level decrease and the percentage that it goes up by decreases as the level difference increases.

I don't remember the exact numbers but say the difference of one level is 30%, a difference of two levels would be like 45% or something like that. So being a level off hurts you the most and bring 33, while not optimal, isn't as largely detrimental as you would think.

_________

I hope they take off the solar burn cause then people might actually have to learn a really fun and difficult fight.

ultrazilla

Any team SEXY clan members or anyone else want to run arena with me?
I have not any of the arenas yet, just Prison of Elders.
Level 32 and a half Titan. Saints helm, gjallahorn, etc.
PS4/PSN Kaijuseijin

FiraB

Banned
Okay we lost one spot for Skolas kill. Somebody help.
Sorry for having to bail kadey, was getting major boss aggro from the partner for not having vaccummed, made dinner and brought in the washing. One day of the week off and didnt even get to finish it off with a PoE35 win.

CLBridges

It was a tough decision, but Vision of Confluence won the finals against Fatebringer and was awarded the Etheric Light. I already have a strong Arc primary with Fang, just needed a better solar weapon than Abyss auto rifle. Next time Fatebringer, next time.

NeOak

It was a tough decision, but Vision of Confluence won the finals against Fatebringer and was awarded the Etheric Light. I already have a strong Arc primary with Fang, just needed a better solar weapon than Abyss auto rifle. Next time Fatebringer, next time.

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom