• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone encounter enemies not spawning on POE Lvl 34 round 4? You have to defuse mines with arc burn and Hive. A few times we ran it and no ads spawned at all.
It's a glitch people are using as cheese. Stand on a certain ledge and no adds will come out.

RdN

Tried for 2 hours to kill Skola's, simply couldn't get it done.

2 lvl 34 and 1 33, all with Gjallarhorns.

We'd get his life to half, then one of my friends would always die some stupid death, even with the Titan blessing enabled and we wiped.

Then having to wait 10 minutes between tries killed it. Hoping to try again tomorrow.

A_Gorilla

Banned

We'd get his life to half, then one of my friends would always die some stupid death, even with the Titan blessing enabled and we wiped.

Then having to wait 10 minutes between tries killed it. Hoping to try again tomorrow.

A 33 can't kill Skola, period. Find another 34.

Sofa King

Couple of questions?

What is the best Queens weapon? Also, got an exotic bounty and have no clue about the weapons. Is there any must have? There is a wicked looking fusion rifle, a shotgun and a sidearm.

From the Epic Sax Team that brought to you a 12 hour long marathon of killing Crota Hard Mode,
than I farm Crota HM killing him every day all day :p
comes the next chapter...PoE!
cW689QX.gif
http://www.twitch.tv/firehawk12

Three 34's and only got Skola to a quarter of his health, and then we died out of carelessness. We were already burned out from the level before so we quit.

Zoidberg

So legendary engrams can apparently turn into PoE tokens (flight, shader, identity):

http://gfycat.com/SimilarVapidAnkole

Given that I've got 4 flight tokens in a single week, any further ones will end up being destroyed. Why these things aren't limited only to PoE is stupid. Imagine hitting level 20 and getting an engram, only for it to turn into a token of identity, something that can't be used until PoE rank 3. Rank 3 will take weeks of PoE farming, even for a max level.

Why do they keep messing up engrams?

A few buddies of mine beat it with a 33 on their team. We just beat it today with 34s and I have no idea how they did it with a 33, but they did.

i'm sure it's possible but i doubt it's fun for the people who are 34

its not like a raid where 5 other people are doing the carrying

So legendary engrams can apparently turn into PoE tokens (flight, shader, identity):

http://gfycat.com/SimilarVapidAnkole

Given that I've got 4 flight tokens in a single week, any further ones will end up being destroyed. Why these things aren't limited only to PoE is stupid. Imagine hitting level 20 and getting an engram, only for it to turn into a token of identity, something that can't be used until PoE rank 3. Rank 3 will take weeks of PoE farming, even for a max level.

Why do they keep messing up engrams?

Yup like I said before, Bungie took 1 step forward 3 steps back with this expansion.

Got my Hunter and Titan to 34 :),ready for ToO! Just need 2-3 Etheric light for my warlock and all my characters should be 34

Also, does anyone else find it annoying how the old dude speaker of PoE half his sentences are questions, and they end with "yes?"

That seems harsh. I'm pretty darn happy with HoW.

Sorry, they've flubbed it with the treasure chest, the keys, some of the rewards for level 35 skolas being tied to said keys(As well as certain marks/icons).

Again, I'll at my words if Xur sells keys. I'm happy with everything else though.

rNilla

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

All of the L35 encounters were actually fun, until Skolas. If we didn't have heavy ammo countdowns it'd be awesome. It's hard to stay alive enough as is!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Skolas sounds awful. lol

He can one shot you even at 34. Besides that you have mines, more ads than you can count with solar burn and invisible melee, and some stupid curse if you don't transfer it to another member you will die within 30 secs.

That's so weird. I thought being two levels below meant that even Gally shots did shit damage, to say nothing of dying if anything so much as looks at you.

Someone please explain to me the level/damage system!

Skolas fight is solar burn, so 365 Gjallarhorns are going to give him a fit regardless of level. We couldn't kill him at once because of no Weapons of Light and being under leveled but we got it done.

first time in a long time that i'm excited for xur. i need exotic shards and i hope he sells a useful weapon that i don't have. actually hoping for icebreaker.

inb4 plan c

Wallach

Picked up another legendary heavy engram... had a feeling it was an exotic rocket launcher. It sure was. I should have been more specific when I had it decrypted, I guess. Please stop giving me this stupid Dragon's Breath, game.

He can one shot you even at 34. Besides that you have mines, more ads than you can count with solar burn and invisible melee, and some stupid curse if you don't transfer it to another member you will die within 30 secs.

this plus gjallarhorn cheese makes skolas sound like scrota on steroids

Skolas fight is solar burn, so 365 Gjallarhorns are going to give him a fit regardless of level. We couldn't kill him at once because of no Weapons of Light and being under leveled but we got it done.

Weapons of light doesn't affect Gjallarhorn or any other rocket launcher with proximity detonation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom