• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiraB

Banned
Handcannons are overrated.

They also need a serious nerf in PvP.
I'd say the opposite, everything else (besides shotguns and rockets) just needs a buff because they were turned to shit by nerfs (or were shit to begin with like pulse rifles).

Midas

Got my first character to 34. Can't wait to try level 35.

Is 365 weapons needed, or will 331 damage ones do for Skola? Only got exotics at 365 right now.

Zocano

I'd say the opposite, everything else (besides shotguns and rockets) just needs a buff because they were turned to shit by nerfs (or were shit to begin with like pulse rifles).

I knew this would be the response and I strongly disagree. All this would lead to is a power creep and a steadily decreasing TTK. And that's trash and just leads to less enjoyable matches.

Zoidberg

I am, however, bummed about the non elemental primaries. I'd have done the following: keep the current system (weapon core), but add a special item to drop from Skolas which can "Ascend" or some other name a PoE primary to have an element. That, or sell elemental primaries outright with a PoE 35 special core or something.

That said, the way it works now is just random drops from PoE, the way raid drops worked. It's not a system I like, but it's one they have been comfortable using from the very beginning. I want a solar HC :(

It's odd they didn't go with this system given that you buy PoE armor, weapons, ships, shaders, class items all with tokens/cores that drop within the raid.

I think the key system is OK now that I've had a chance for it to all settle in. A key for each toon is a guaranteed exotic each week, but once you have all of them this isn't something you NEED to do. Same with the Queen weapons, once you have one of each you don't really need to keep rolling on the chest. I only had 5 saved up (1 left saved for 35), and I'm only going to be farming 2 a week for a chance at Gjallarhorn. If I ever get that, I'm not going to bother farming anymore keys.

Mindlog

Gah.
Spent all that time getting ready and then my connection died right before we launch.
My apologies. If you two are around tomorrow later today let me know. My Hunter is 34 and loaded out for the quick clear.
I knew this would be the response and I strongly disagree. All this would lead to is a power creep and a steadily decreasing TTK. And that's trash and just leads to less enjoyable matches.
Agreed.
Also why Gjallarhorn needs an adjustment.

Handcannons are overrated.

They also need a serious nerf in PvP.

Some hand cannons can be overrated in pve but not fatebringer. It's a great weapon with great perks and arc damage. What more can you ask for?

Also as a thorn and TLW user in PVP, I really hope they don't. In fact I hope hey buff Auto Rifles again.

SnakeEyes

Banned
When is the Trials of Osiris event going to happen? Also what's the best way to get the treasure keys?
Trails starts Friday 10am Bungie time (West Coast?) and runs til weekly rollover. And the best way to get Treasure Keys is to farm the chests from the Prowling Wolves patrol events, since we don't yet know if Xur will be selling them weekly.

GhaleonEB

Nightfall yielded Don't Touch Me (have'em, shard). My first PoE level 28 run got a Hard Light from the big chest (3rd, don't use it, shard). Nice to start getting exotics with more regularity, hopefully something useful soonish.

Gonna save my key for the level 32 or 34 one, unless I get another before hand.

PoE was fun, but the rounds were too short. But then it really seemed like a warm up lap of sorts, which judging from the impressions of the hard mode, it really is.

Surprised I'm saying this given my reaction to the "no raid" news weeks ago but PoE is much, much better than a Crota level raid. And its easily expandable for future Destiny expansions

border

The Skolas encounter is truly a rarid-level fight. Just spent probably an hour banging our heads against it before I finally decided it was time for bed.

Has anyone figured out a strategy to beat Skolas legit, or is everyone just doing the Gjallarhorn burn?

Zocano

Some hand cannons can be overrated in pve but not fatebringer. It's a great weapon with great perks and arc damage. What more can you ask for?

Also as a thorn and TLW user in PVP, I really hope they don't. In fact I hope hey buff Auto Rifles again.

I say overrated mostly because I don't care for hand cannons too much.

But, and this addresses your second point, I only use them in PvP because they have the smallest consistent TTK. TLW and Thorn just dominate in that respect. Like I said earlier, buffs are the wrong way to handle it. An all buff mantra for balance changes has plenty of downsides just as nerfs do. And lower TTK is probably the worst outcome you can get for PvP.

Wallach

The Skolas encounter is truly a rarid-level fight. Just spent probably an hour banging our heads against it before I finally decided it was time for bed.

Has anyone figured out a strategy to beat Skolas legit, or is everyone just doing the Gjallarhorn burn?

I watched Datto do this fight pretty legit. They used Gjallarhorns but didn't just try to burn him down (i.e. they handled all of the phases/mechanics in the fight).

Ken

I watched Datto do this fight pretty legit. They used Gjallarhorns but didn't just try to burn him down (i.e. they handled all of the phases/mechanics in the fight).

How did they control the adds? Or is there a break in add spawns if you clear them out.

Zocano

If they actually transition off of solar burn, it will definitely kill the quick Gjallarhorn kill. So hopefully people will actually have to learn the fight next week.

Nightfall yielded Don't Touch Me (have'em, shard). My first PoE level 28 run got a Hard Light from the big chest (3rd, don't use it, shard). Nice to start getting exotics with more regularity, hopefully something useful soonish.

Gonna save my key for the level 32 or 34 one, unless I get another before hand.

PoE was fun, but the rounds were too short. But then it really seemed like a warm up lap of sorts, which judging from the impressions of the hard mode, it really is.

The 32 and 34 ones are where it gets really fun :)

Zoidberg

If they actually transition off of solar burn, it will definitely kill the quick Gjallarhorn kill. So hopefully people will actually have to learn the fight next week.

They said the 35 PoE has set mechanics that won't change, only the 32/34 versions. I could understand that, as if there was a rotating set of modifiers every week, they would have had to tested skolas for every possible modifier (although apparently they tested solar burn and were happy with that so who knows?)

Zocano

They said the 35 PoE has set mechanics that won't change, only the 32/34 versions. I could understand that, as if there was a rotating set of modifiers every week, they would have had to tested skolas for every possible modifier (although apparently they tested solar burn and were happy with that so who knows?)

I mean solar burn is "fine", but I think I would have liked it plain cause it would not emphasize Gjallarhorn as aggressively as it does. That isn't so much the problem as Gjallarhorn just circumventing the fight. Like you still had to go through all the difficulty of Atheon and Crota but here it just avoids nearly the whole fight entirely.

curious to see how they change

round 5 level 34 could be real annoying without the solar burn thats currently active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom