• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeOak

I've still got mine too. I'm glad it's the one thing I didn't dismantle from the original Queen's Wrath event.

giphy.gif

I don't play enough PVE to say for sure, but I can say as a guy who plays lots of PVP that nothing outside of the new Exodus Plan RLer from Dead Orbit caught my eye. Tripod + Horseshoes. It's really good. My old vanilla Steel Oracle still might be better though, higher blast radius, plus field scout which seems to have been removed from the post-TDB rocket launchers perk pool. Idk, the Dead Orbit shotgun looks alright too.

Yeah, I got the DO shotty as a drop and rolled a Pax Totalus with those exact rolls (Tripod+GH). Kinda searching for a decent primary. The Fulcrum has my attention, so does Vanguard Pulse Rifle.

Wish I could stop getting Auto Rifles as drops, and snipers with such horrible impact :/. Also the Six Dreg Pride doesn't feel like a good option to me. Wish it and the HoW AR were solar :/.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
firefly, outlaw, full auto, explosive rounds. A combination of firefly and anything is good

yeah... outlaw is pretty much consistently awesome in any situation. firefly for PvE is gdlk. explosive rounds + full auto is another :wow: combo. never seen it tho

A_Gorilla

Banned
don't think you can roll that

Firefly and Outlaw are on the same perk tree so you can never have both.

My Queen's Guard Scout Rifle has full auto, firefly, and casket mag. Pretty awesome, stability seems low due to casket mag, but do to low rate of fire (same as VoC) it doesn't affect it that much.

How can I get to 34 if I'm 31 with the Expansion?

I've done everything I could so far (Single Missions, Strike, Prison of Elders 28) and got no equipment.

Luckily the PoE chest dropped an IceBreaker.

I remember leveling up easily when Dark Below released.

Shito

So, did my first PoE 28 and 32 yesterday, and you can put me in the "I loved that shit, I love that mode!" team. Such pure fun. Now I really have to finish up those story missions on my 2 other characters to run some 32 with some gaffers again.
I'm really not too fond of the artificial difficulty of running things a level below, though, so I will probably just wait to hit 34 before attempting the 34 one. I'm not in a hurry to get my characters to max level, I don't want to burn myself too quickly and have to wait too long for Comet to show up. ^^

Also, since stealth is pretty much a necessity for hunters in PoE, I would love an exotic that would allow me to throw knives as a bladedancer. That's the only thing I'm really missing from gunslinger, and that's probably why I prefer running gunslinger most of the time...

Great Horn-cancelling when the wall showed up to be too close for shooting. Cold sweat a little bit, I'm sure. :)

My Queen's Guard Scout Rifle has full auto, firefly, and casket mag. Pretty awesome, stability seems low due to casket mag, but do to low rate of fire (same as VoC) it doesn't affect it that much.

yo you wanna take a run at 35 PoE tomorrow ?

or later today lol .. it is tomorrow

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
another thing... considering the story in HoW

xur is kinda like...

well, you'd think he wouldn't be welcome in the reef lol
How can I get to 34 if I'm 31 with the Expansion?

I've done everything I could so far (Single Missions, Strike, Prison of Elders 28) and got no equipment.

Luckily the PoE chest dropped an IceBreaker.

I remember leveling up easily when Dark Below released.

Its significantly easier to level up now.

Just buy the new vendor armor for guaranteed 36 light armor and ascend your favorite exotic armor with a shard.

Wait so you can never roll that combination, but the vendors sell them? Well that's silly.

I don't know how you can beat Scolas without at least a single Titan and without at least 2 ghorns. I just don't think it's possible.

I would love to see the L35 PoE as just a more difficult L34 PoE, hard mode L34 if you will.

Regular 34 as is and 34 with 2x modifiers + Scolas.

Finished my first levl 34 PoE with all level 33 Titans. Shit was intense. Almost gave up, but we got it. The boss at least had an interesting environmental mechanic. Not sure how you survive it as a Hunter.

Finished my first levl 34 PoE with all level 33 Titans. Shit was intense. Almost gave up, but we got it. The boss at least had an interesting environmental mechanic. Not sure how you survive it as a Hunter.

gunslinger for triple jump.. putting armor stat at max

blessing of light from a titan is pretty essential

Unstable

I don't know how you can beat Scolas without at least a single Titan and without at least 2 ghorns. I just don't think it's possible.

I would love to see the L35 PoE as just a more difficult L34 PoE, hard mode L34 if you will.

Regular 34 as is and 34 with 2x modifiers + Scolas.
We took him down earlier yesterday with 2 33s and no Titans. We all had Ghorns though, it really seems like Ghorn is the crucial part more than anything.

Shito

From what I've read here: with the help of a fellow Titan's bubble. :)

We took him down earlier yesterday with 2 33s and no Titans. We all had Ghorns though, it really seems like Ghorn is the crucial part more than anything.

yep.. the horn and ammo synth is really the most essential thing

even level 34 without at least 2 horns can be a pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom