• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Is doing PoE 34 with a 33 character advisable?
You'll be fine. Round 1 is simple enough. Round 2 boosts your primary weapon damage in a way that nullifies your level disadvantage. Rounds 4 and 5 have elemental burns which also boost your damage output.

You'll always be a little more vulnerable so you can't Rambo it but it's totally doable. I'd say most people running PoE 34 until next week will be 33s.

Shito

I've been looking online for a while, but can't find a list of everything you can buy with Motes of Light. I'm sitting on 50 and wonder if I should blow them on two Exotic Helmet Engrams (only have the Skullfort, which isn't even the Titan spec I use) or save them for (insert other purchase). It looks like they are used at the Speaker to buy vanity items too?

Anyone know of a quick list of all the garbage you can buy for Motes of Light? I know they're used for reforging, but I've really got no gear to reforge at the moment and would rather get it first, then worry about reforging.
Class items at the Speaker and reforging are the only two things they are used for.
Also, ever since Eris missions, and now HoW, Bungie made it so it's now waaay easier to get motes, so yeah, spend them on what you need for, don't hesitate! :)

There is a shader/icon/ship/whatever else I'm missing reward for PoE 35. Unique to PoE 35. You'd have a point, but this stuff is locked behind the chest. And it's not random, it's a 1-time get for said chest across your account.
Yeah, I know about that, but it's not like it's something that will impede on your character progression, and you can always get it back later.
I agree they should move these rewards either to the cores / light drop, or to the small chests, but it's not like it's THAT important.

LiK

One shotting practically everything in NF. I need to try this in VoG and see how fast it melts oracles.

I'm tempted to just ascend the FB before my gear. I want a gun that hits harder than what I got. If I get my third Etheric later today, I'll def do it.

What's the deal with HoW exotics being so rare? I'm still seeing Dragon's Breath and NLB drop like they're going out of style, but shouldn't they be weighted like vanilla, and HoW stuff weighted much higher?

BondFancy

ca6V11F.jpg

I've determined someone needs to photoshop in Xur where the dog is and they will have won my heart.

Namikaze1

What's the deal with HoW exotics being so rare? I'm still seeing Dragon's Breath and NLB drop like they're going out of style, but shouldn't they be weighted like vanilla, and HoW stuff weighted much higher?
Most of them, if not all of them, are tied to bounties. Elder Cipher, a drop from any of the higher difficulty PoE arena end bosses, is tied to 3 of them. Fate of All Fools seem to be tied to ToO. 347 Vesta Dynasty is the wild card. No one knows if it's tied to a bounty or not.

The Hunter's King's Cloak and hell the others as well are the best of the bunch. Looks fucking sweet:

I actually got a cloak from the stupid treasure chest that's a Devils cloak, but IMO it looks better than the vendor ones because it's not 'split' down the middle-
hbKN3Ut.jpg

Yeah, I know about that, but it's not like it's something that will impede on your character progression, and you can always get it back later.
I agree they should move these rewards either to the cores / light drop, or to the small chests, but it's not like it's THAT important.

Yeah but there's no reason either that the chest should be locked behind an unbelievable grind. The elemental primary/exotic bounty is already locked behind beating the Arena weekly bosses(And Skolas has a low drop rate).

Like, making the key a weekly thing or something was something alot of people were expecting. But apparently that was asking too much from bungie.

So uh... for those of you that beat PoE35, how long did it take you from start to finish?

It took about.....4-5 hours in total time? With Kadey we spent a few hours during the day trying to do it the legit way, then I got too fatigued and called it quits, later that night she needed one more so I jumped in and that one took a couple hours doing the 40 second strat. It's all about execution with that strat.

Oh... Like thorn? I need to start doing bounties again. I pretty much stopped since I haven't found the perfect gun to level up yet.

Yeah but unlike thorn you just turn in the bounty to get an exotic choice of 3.

I haven't seen any of the new exotic weapons in the wild, just seen 1 person get a bounty through Youtube. Don't think anyone in this thread has gotten a bounty either.

Also I guess suggestion for new Ot-
Destiny lOT 22l Grind for days for a key, because fuck you</jk>

eh. From that pic, I'm not liking the whole fur thing. I actually like the collar on the vendor one.

Whats wrong Nami
Royalty too much for you
Bow down to the Hunter of Kells

X-Frame

Oh... Like thorn? I need to start doing bounties again. I pretty much stopped since I haven't found the perfect gun to level up yet.

Yo Hudson!

Actually there are 3 exotic weapons you can choose from after getting the Elder Cipher exotic bounty, but it seems to only drop from Level 34 PoE.

1 bounty, 3 possible weapons.

Ken

"Here's some items to show everyone you beat Skolas, but make sure you brought those super optional and rare keys that have only gotten pink guns or no one will ever know!"

5 Engrams

Inmost Light :(
Skullfort :(
Knucklehead :(
Third Man :(
THE RAM ...PRAISE ME...!!!!

Going to visit the speaker for more motes

No one told me why the Ram is cool yet. I saw a dude in the Tower with it and the whole getup was silly.

Shito

Yeah but there's no reason either that the chest should be locked behind an unbelievable grind. The elemental primary/exotic bounty is already locked behind beating the Arena weekly bosses(And Skolas has a low drop rate).

Like, making the key a weekly thing or something was something alot of people were expecting. But apparently that was asking too much from bungie.
I don't know, I quite like this idea of making the key a "bonus" thing you only get from time to time, or that you can grind if you're so inclined to. The mistake comes from linking the vanity items from PoE 35 to it, in my opinion, but apart from that I'm not really for them giving us one guaranteed key per week. Do we know if after your first opening the exotic chances stay higher than for the other possible exotic drops? Because if so, I think that mechanism is quite good, allowing you to farm for the highest chance at an exotic in the game.

Oh, and that's a damn cool looking cloak you got there! I agree it looks miles better than the silly ones they introduced in this DLC... :)

KxoZz

That's why i was fully expecting Xûr to sell keys for like 10-20 coins. It's just a no-brainer that keys are WAAAAAY to grindy to get.

neoism

soo thinking about getting the last word is that a shitty ability roll 8 bullet clip though...:/ I have almost no experience with HC I don't like them much...

Midas

Do you know if you can only use one of each per week, or can you buy and use as many as you want?

No, sorry. I guess that it's once per ticket? I already bought them all, I have one win on the ticket and the other two "boosts" are listed on my character already, like the nightfall icon.

Shito

soo thinking about getting the last word is that a shitty ability roll 8 bullet clip though...:/ I have almost no experience with HC I don't like them much...
Are you more of a PVE player, or PVP?
TLW is currently the best weapon for PVP (but it has a learning curve to it), whereas it sucks for PVE.
Just so you know. :)

I don't know, I quite like this idea of making the key a "bonus" thing you only get from time to time, or that you can grind if you're so inclined to. The mistake comes from linking the vanity items from PoE 35 to it, in my opinion, but apart from that I'm not really for them giving us one guaranteed key per week. Do we know if after your first opening the exotic chances stay higher than for the other possible exotic drops? Because if so, I think that mechanism is quite good, allowing you to farm for the highest chance at an exotic in the game.

Oh, and that's a damn cool looking cloak you got there! I agree it looks miles better than the silly ones they introduced in this DLC... :)

People are saying that the guaranteed exotic is a weekly thing-Except there's no way to test or verify that seeing as how we're still on week one. It's possible the exotic thing is a 1 time thing on a character opening the chest.

The mechanism is fine. Get queens gear every time, with chance at a vanity item or whatever. It's just that the actual requirement for it is ridiculous.

That's why i was fully expecting Xûr to sell keys for like 10-20 coins. It's just a no-brainer that keys are WAAAAAY to grindy to get.

Yup. It's ridiculous. I'd rather run Atheon 5 times and not get anything from him, than grind keys.

Anything good about the new Titan exotic helmet?

Other than the look, Datto says it's trash for anything else.

Deku Tree

People are saying that the guaranteed exotic is a weekly thing-Except there's no way to test or verify that seeing as how we're still on week one. It's possible the exotic thing is a 1 time thing on a character opening the chest.

The mechanism is fine. Get queens gear every time, with chance at a vanity item or whatever. It's just that the actual requirement for it is ridiculous.

Yup. It's ridiculous. I'd rather run Atheon 5 times and not get anything from him, than grind keys.

Other than the look, Datto says it's trash for anything else.

Alright I'll just wait until Xur sells it. I can't see myself taking off my St-14 to use it. I got two out of the three that is good enough

EL CUCO

I have 142 motes and they're all getting spent on Xur when I get home. Good for 6 helm rolls. My only concern is which Cryptarch to hand them to. Rahool was always pretty good to me when it came to exotic engrams. I might still give them to him.

neoism

Are you more of a PVE player, or PVP?
TLW is currently the best weapon for PVP (but it has a learning curve to it), whereas it sucks for PVE.
Just so you know. :)

cool I'm a pvp guy mostly I'm tryin to get into pve...but it gets boring fast for me... can you reforge it or no?

I bow to no one!

*shoots Breezy's Hunter with a 365 Fatebringer*

*Nami shoots an after image*
*Teleports behind Namis Guardian*
Psst, nothing personnel kid
*shoots in the back*
*Disappears into the darkness*

I have 142 motes and they're all getting spent on Xur when I get home. Good for 6 helm rolls. My only concern is which Cryptarch to hand them to. Rahool was always pretty good to me when it came to exotic engrams. I might still give them to him.

Rahool got me The Ram and 2 Eternal Warriors. So go with Rahool.

Are we ever going to get any good exotic weapons? I don't remember anything good that came out post base game in respect to that. Really that hard to design some decent weapons?

LiK

I honestly do not even know anything about the new exotics in HoW. CE highlighted them a lot but HoW exotics are a mystery to me. Don't feel like looking them up.

Namikaze1

So uh... for those of you that beat PoE35, how long did it take you from start to finish?
First run: 105 - 115 minutes. Roughly 20 minutes were spent in the starting area waiting for heavy synth timer to cool down.

Second run: 90 - 100 minutes. I was the only one in the team to have run it already and knew the best places to go.

noomi

First run: 105 - 115 minutes. Roughly 20 minutes were spent in the starting area waiting for heavy synth timer to cool down.

Second run: 90 - 100 minutes. I was the only one in the team to have run it already and knew the best places to go.

Woah... that's not too bad.

I plan on trying with my guys at least once, but nami... you must teach me your ways!

*edit*

Top!

Check out hunter quadruple jump.... so good.
Hunter Master Race/Class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA2W5HSzNAo&hd=1

Yo Hudson!

Actually there are 3 exotic weapons you can choose from after getting the Elder Cipher exotic bounty, but it seems to only drop from Level 34 PoE.

1 bounty, 3 possible weapons.

Does it drop from the boss, or the treasure chest? I guess that I don't care about the keys and big chest and exotic drops since I have all vanilla and TDB exotics. Unless that bounty is in the chest.

BTW, nice playing the other night. It's so weird every time I realize that there are still so many posters here that I haven't had the opportunity to play with.

Woah... that's not too bad.

I plan on trying with my guys at least once, but nami... you must teach me your ways!

*edit*

Top!

Check out hunter quadruple jump.... so good.
Hunter Master Race/Class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA2W5HSzNAo&hd=1

Nami and Noomi, if you guys wanna try it tonight I'd be happy to join you with another 35 clear. I just need uh...to ascend something warlocky.

Does it drop from the boss, or the treasure chest? I guess that I don't care about the keys and big chest and exotic drops since I have all vanilla and TDB exotics. Unless that bounty is in the chest.

BTW, nice playing the other night. It's so weird every time I realize that there are still so many posters here that I haven't had the opportunity to play with.

Drops directly after killing the final boss.

ANd I think I played with you recently Hudson, but yeah there's alotta people to play with~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom