• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal_El

After about 15 engrams I finally hit the ram. I was prepared to go as far as I needed to. Thank you speaker for you exchange. Got the hunter one also. No titan

Deku Tree

11212577_10153389325705087_6346600636566194443_o.jpg

He's at the Reef!

11289617_10153389325800087_7868578447086296886_o.jpg

So two coins gets you one more of light? Very very bad exchange rate...

And no HoW exotics for sale?

What a horrible and disappointing Xur.

BokehKing

Banned
Disappointing Xur for sure
I thought maybe he would sell at least ONE key for 5 coins (limit one per day)

So I'm really going to have to farm today instead of enjoy trials... Ridiculous

BokehKing

Banned
After about 15 engrams I finally hit the ram. I was prepared to go as far as I needed to. Thank you speaker for you exchange. Got the hunter one also. No titan
Wait... So you can get trials of Osiris gear from those Engrams? Why would they do that? Damn Bungie, this stuff should be... You know... Earned (no offense, happy you got it)

Ken

Hoping the guaranteed exotic is a weekly thing or you want more Queen weapons?

noomi

lol @ Xur today.

I did manage to snag a Celestial Nighthawk on my second roll, so that's nice.

Still need to level my Hunter helmet from PoE though, celestial will wait.

Midas

Why not both? Trials of Osiris for one character should be done quite fast. I need to farm some keys as well, before they patch it.

Right, I'm done for the week, unless I can get a VoG run going this weekend. Hope Variks sells the boots or chest piece next week.

Only have three keys left, one for each character. Next week will be interesting.

So is it just me or is PoE lvl 35 stupid difficult? Sure there's the brute force Horn strategy, but trying anything else.

No question there's a night and day difference when not just pressing the "Horn to Win" button. Unless you have 3 Defenders to Bubble train it up (and even if you do), I'd recommend keeping your group moving almost constantly, mainly in a circlular motion around the arena exterior to avoid most of the adds. If you get bogged down in one spot it's easy for them and Skolas to pile up and wipe your team.

Basically just go to either of the servitor spawn points, kill it and get as much DPS on Skolas as you can in the 20 second window. Then immediately rotate to the opposite side servitor spawn, maybe wait a little bit for Skolas to catch up, but then kill the servitor and DPS again when you have a line of sight on Skolas. The key for the start is to get his health below ~70% to break that servitor bond so you can DPS more freely, but still keeping the steady circular movement.

Just remember he'll start adding the de-buff mark to one random teammate at this point. It lasts 30 seconds before killing you so wait until it's less than ~10 seconds and have a teammate take the de-buff from the marked player. The originally marked player now has an "immunity" for 40 seconds which means they can't take the de-buff back which is why you need all 3 people. Wait until ~10 seconds or less then the third person will take the mark while ensuring the first person's immunity will be gone before they need to take the de-buff again (need the other 2 folks to hold the mark at least 20 seconds each to ensure the 40 second immunity is gone).

Once you get below 50% the first mine wave spawns so focus on clearing all 3 mines before trying to DPS again. Then when he's below 25% the second mine wave comes so do the same thing then finish him off. Basically keep moving and stick together team! A lot harder w/o Horn spam but also a lot more fun imo.

raindoc

Tally from 7 engrams:
Celestial Nighthawk (!)
Inmost Light
Inmost Light
Inmost Light
Skullfort
The Ram (!)
Dire Ahamkara

The new cryptarch delivered big time. Looks like I'll be making 34 builds of my two characters around these new helmets.

is there a higher chance for new exotics in the reef than in the tower?

EDIT: Almost forgot this. Almost:
I hate you.

EL CUCO

Has anyone tried grabbing the exotic engram from Xur, and had any luck with HoW helm?

Edit: saw a post above me. It's possible

Why not both? Trials of Osiris for one character should be done quite fast. I need to farm some keys as well, before they patch it.

Don't keys only give out exotics, max, once a week? What else do they get you?

After seeing the reacs to Xur today I feel like farming just leads to eventual bitter and barren disappointment lol

Unless I'm missing something, wouldn't farming your way to exotics (or queens weapons? Is that what you get from keys?) just get you to a morning like this - where a bunch of exotics are shrugged off - faster?

It's probably just me. Since I play less games overall these days, I'm happy playing just destiny all the time. If I had other games I wanted to get to I guess I'd want to blaze through stuff as quickly as possible.

Midas

Don't keys only give out exotics, max, once a week? What else do they get you?

After seeing the reacs to Xur today I feel like farming just leads to eventual bitter and barren disappointment lol

Unless I'm missing something, wouldn't farming your way to exotics (or queens weapons? Is that what you get from keys?) just get you to a morning like this - where a bunch of exotics are shrugged off - faster?

It's probably just me. Since I play less games overall these days, I'm happy playing just destiny all the time. If I had other games I wanted to get to I guess I'd want to blaze through stuff as quickly as possible.

You probably have a point here. I have no idea how the exotic thing works in regards to the chest though. But it's just nice to have a stash of them.

Hey Drizzay, hate to remind you but where's that Thunderlord post at? :p

Lol I actually appreciate when you remind me :)

I'm technically "homeless" right now so it's kinda tough to finish it up now, haha. But I'll be settled in by tonight and life should be much calmer for the immediate future and I can finally finish it. Although I've been considering promoting it to a TLord thread or something, if only to give people a warning about how many MB of data are in the post so they could avoid it on mobile, since I know some people don't like that.

noomi

Probably skipping Trials of Osiris this week, sad I know :/

But I REALLY want to get those level 35 PoE's behind me.

Damnit Xur!!!

I was so excited for Xur for the first time since December/January and he does nothing but disappoint us.

I guess he will never have any HoW stuff? Or Bungie is purposely doing this to lengthen the grind.

Really lame Bungie.

I got Celestial Nighthawk from one of the exotic helmet engrams I got at least.

You probably have a point here. I have no idea how the exotic thing works in regards to the chest though. But it's just nice to have a stash of them.

I could see that, but Petra is going to send you off on three of those bounties a week so even if they patch the trick where you leave the area and come back, these guys will still be showing up on the regular, so you'll likely always have a shot at more keys. Plus they come out of the PoE chests on occasion. There are definite means to get them if you need them, I think! Go! Enjoy ToO instead! I bet you won't regret it!

I haven't been paying attention too much, but I did see one that was something like "Destiny |OT 22| HoW is your vault?"

My vault is looking pretty goddamn full.

Haha yeah my vault is f'ed too. I like this one but we did already use the HoW pun for OT20
and I wouldn't want to disturb rodiard again ;)

I like this one:

Oh yeah, good call! I remember that one as well and it got a lot of good feedback. Thanks for the reminder.

Has anyone tried grabbing the exotic engram from Xur, and had any luck with HoW helm?

Edit: saw a post above me. It's possible

Yeah, definitely possible. My rolls were

Saint-14
Eernal Warrior
Dire Ahamkara
Eternal Warrior
Celestial Nighthawk
Apotheosis Veil
Celestial Nighthawk
Symbiote
The Ram
Obsidian Mind

Deku Tree

Lolz.

Bungie wants us to burn motes. Xur is random? Bungie plz.

Next week probably an arms or a chest engram and no arms or chest HoW exotics for sale I bet

Midas

I could see that, but Petra is going to send you off on three of those bounties a week so even if they patch the trick where you leave the area and come back, these guys will still be showing up on the regular, so you'll likely always have a shot at more keys. Plus they come out of the PoE chests on occasion. There are definite means to get them if you need them, I think! Go! Enjoy ToO instead! I bet you won't regret it!

I will. It's the first thing I'll do today after work. :)

But I think it will be over quite fast, the max amount of matches is like 10 if I'm counting correct. How long can that take with rounds being 2 minutes? A little more than an hour if each round reach that far.

Jinjo

I decided on using the armor core from my alt together with the weapon core from my main for a random package. This might either result in my Titan jumping to level 34 immediately or seriously diminish my progress this week lol. That gambling rush though, will post results later today.

Place your bets.

noomi

Did you guys see that the new exotic hunter boots actually work with gunslinger.... effectively giving you a quadruple jump now :eek:

I NEED IT

KxoZz

It's a raid style fight they tried to fit into a horde mode that just isn't fun.

I only caught the end of Datto's non-burn first clear but if I were to propose changes to make it more in line with the rest of the trial's difficulty, I'd lessen the add count and add a break between spawns like how it is with the previous round. I don't know if the adds actually stop spawning though but they did seem endless. The early phase of the fight to 50% really doesn't have any sense of add management.

Yeah, I tried to manage adds with my group yesterday, but they just keep spawning. It gets a bit emptier, but once you stop to focus on a ghost-servitor or skolas, all the adds are back it seems.

I'm ok with the lvl 35 artificial difficulty, I didn't have much of a problem with hard Crota back in Jan/Feb.

They should've just thrown in some exploding servitors and some snipers once in a while, maye a solar captain for cheese-spot managment to keep us moving around, instead of just making it rain adds and having something that can kill you instantly around literally every corner.
The raid-style mechanics would take care of the rest; The ghost-servitors would make us split up intellegently, the debuff would force us to keep communicating and the mines would force us to be exposed for a short while.

But as you said, they tried to fit a rais boss into horde mode and you can tell that doesn't work by the fact that the only strat seems to be the Horn strat.

When people look for groups it shouldn't be "Need 1 max lvl Bubble Titan with Weapons of Light, max Weapons including Ghorn and 100 Heavy synths" but simply "Need 1 more guy"

Damnit Xur!!!

I was so excited for Xur for the first time since December/January and he does nothing but disappoint us.

I guess he will never have any HoW stuff? Or Bungie is purposely doing this to lengthen the grind.

Really lame Bungie.

I got Celestial Nighthawk from one of the exotic helmet engrams I got at least.

Just got The Ram from my last Exotic engram! Wooooo!

I think I have all 3 new Exotic helmets then?

Eternal Warrior - Titan
The Ram - Warlock
Celestial Nighthawk - Hunter

Are there more Exotic helmets in HoW?

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
I did 9 engrams and got all the new helmets, it went something like

Knucklehead radar, radar, ram, skull fort skull fort, ram, celestial, new Titan helm, apoth veil

420bits

Nice! Were all these rolls with the same character? Cryptarch still decrypting exotic engrams for a random class?

Yeah, did it with my warlock, bought one hat and decrypted it, hoping for a really lucky one. Got light beyond nemesis. Went back and bought 2 more hats and decrypted them, got the glass-face for titan and then a Ram.

So, is the Trials of Osiris Icon going to appear at the Reef, or in the Crucible match list? The icon for it looks like it's going to appear in the crucible match list, which leaves me to wonder what those 2 extra bubbles at the Reef are for.

EL CUCO

Honestly I just want hawkmoon, I made this poor man's hawkmoon at the gun vendor, wouldn't mind the real thing though
Lol we've all been there man. I used to go around asking everyone how much their Hawkmoon crits were doing so I can compare with my Timurs Lash. Even convinced myself that it was just as good, until I got a Hawkmkoon. You'll get it soon

BokehKing

Banned
Because of the Witcher 3 factor, lol its there in the background.... Whispering for me to come back and pick berries and lilacs off the side of the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom