• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

Because of the Witcher 3 factor, lol its there in the background.... Whispering for me to come back and pick berries and lilacs off the side of the road

Haha I hear ya. So many PSN friends playing it, but I'm holding out for a while.

Well, Trials + Prison of Elders 35 on all characters this weekend. That's my plan.

Namikaze1

Anyone wants to team up for a quick PoE 28 run? Just need 46 rep points to get rank 1 on my Hunter and turn in this Token of Judgement for one of the cloaks.

nOoblet16

It's a raid style fight they tried to fit into a horde mode that just isn't fun.

I only caught the end of Datto's non-burn first clear but if I were to propose changes to make it more in line with the rest of the trial's difficulty, I'd lessen the add count and add a break between spawns like how it is with the previous round. I don't know if the adds actually stop spawning though but they did seem endless. The early phase of the fight to 50% really doesn't have any sense of add management.

Knowing Bungie they'd probably put even more of them.

Raybunny

Is doing PoE 34 with a 33 character advisable?

All my 3 34 runs were made with a full team of 33's. Round 4 gets scratchy. Although I never tried it there is a cheese for it if the team is struggling too much.

Cool

Anyone willing to take me through PoE 34? I have a warlock and a Titan to put through it now

I would love but will need to go in 30mins +/- . If you still have a run to do in like 4-5 hours I will gladly help.

Also looking for a Trials team today. I have played Crucible/IB with a bunch of people from Gaf. Ill be on right when it kicks off with my lowly 33 hunter. I do have my 365 Last Word luckily :)

Bradach

Will be looking for a ToO team for this evening around 5pm eastern.

Who wants in?

Our motivation will be to imagine all of our enemies are Xur.
I'd like if Xur randomly came running into a mission and we had to keep hitting him like the treasure imp from golden axe. Engrams and shards could pop out of him whit each hit. Happy times

11270388_1049703145059618_2985955107772177586_o.jpg

No regrets.

Not even worth it. It's literal trash. I'm actually disappointed that Bungie thinks that a key with like, a 2% drop rate needs to be farmed in order to be "rewarded" for the level 35 arena is a good idea.

Bungie is stupid.

Done, see ya later today~

Cool. Will change our start time to 6pm for you. That work ok?

LiK

Not even worth it. It's literal trash. I'm actually disappointed that Bungie thinks that a key with like, a 2% drop rate needs to be farmed in order to be "rewarded" for the level 35 arena is a good idea.

Bungie is stupid.

Yea, particular disappointing for the launch of HoW. At least sell one new Exotic

Also out of 4 engrams I got the Ram and two Eternal Warriors.

My opinion has not changed, Bungie and Xur are trash.

Cool. Will change our start time to 6pm for you. That work ok?

Deffo! I get off at work 530 EST but I should be on 10 +/- minutes within that time.

Yea, particular disappointing for the launch of HoW. At least sell one new Exotic

Or a damn key, or something. It's literally nothing.

KxoZz

Also looking for a Trials team today. I have played Crucible/IB with a bunch of people from Gaf. Ill be on right when it kicks off with my lowly 33 hunter. I do have my 365 Last Word luckily :)

Also looking. I'll probably be there at launch, though not sure.
Will be rocking a sunsinger with my mythoclast, found verdict and i'll probably go for a rocket launcher

No regrets.

How glorious is it?

Bungie is stupid.

Done, see ya later today~

This is exactly what pisses me off the most about this. Bungie always makes bullshit decisions. I mean who is the goddamn idiot who had this idea? It's fricking ridiculous

Owensboro

I've been looking online for a while, but can't find a list of everything you can buy with Motes of Light. I'm sitting on 50 and wonder if I should blow them on two Exotic Helmet Engrams (only have the Skullfort, which isn't even the Titan spec I use) or save them for (insert other purchase). It looks like they are used at the Speaker to buy vanity items too?

Anyone know of a quick list of all the garbage you can buy for Motes of Light? I know they're used for reforging, but I've really got no gear to reforge at the moment and would rather get it first, then worry about reforging.

Shito

The reward for PoE 35 is not the chest, but the guaranted cores / etheric light.
It either allows you to buy the armor and weapon of the week, or take your chance at this slot machine thing to get stuff that is not on sale at the moment. I really like this design, the problem comes more from the fact that the boss is stupidly difficult for Hornless people. It's HM Crota once again.

SgtCobra

Is there something else I'm overlooking when it comes to shotgun stability? It only reduces the recoil and nothing else right? Shotguns also have target acquisition right?

This might be a controller issue as well. I have a launch controller and I have this problem and it makes me draw parallels to Helldivers where i couldnt use any of the machine guns because they wouldnt fire properly. As discussed here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1004707
Thanks for the information! I wasn't aware of this issue, I've already tried to use another controller but that was also a launch one. I guess I'll have to buy a new controller later today.

LiK

I think I'm gonna just do another PoE 34 or 32 later today and take a break until reset. Wanna dig into Witcher 3 for the long weekend.

This is exactly what pisses me off the most about this. Bungie always makes bullshit decisions. I mean who is the goddamn idiot who had this idea? It's fricking ridiculous

Yup. Completely stupid.

Oh sure, the people who managed to farm 20 keys before HoW launched are probably happy(Except for losing that key from the story mission), but it pretty much means that they're set for the next few weeks in terms of rolling the big chest and actually getting rewarded from Skolas(When me and my group did it last night, Skolas didn't drop shit), compared to every normal joe who can't or wont' spend their time farming.

Out of over 100 chests or so(Granted doing the chest trick, getting 2-3 loots per chest) out of all my 3 characters doing the bounty each day Pre-HoW and then some, I've only gotten one. RNG is going to RNG, but that means that the drop rate is extremely low, and Bungie being Bungie didn't say 'HEY SAVE A KEY FOR THE LEVEL 35 ARENA LOL K'.

Good god Bungie is stupid. Bar-non, like I've said before, they took 2 steps forward, 20 back.

The reward for PoE 35 is not the chest, but the guaranted cores / etheric light.
It either allows you to buy the armor and weapon of the week, or take your chance at this slot machine thing to get stuff that is not on sale at the moment. I really like this design, the problem comes more from the fact that the boss is stupidly difficult for Hornless people. It's HM Crota once again.

There is a shader/icon/ship/whatever else I'm missing reward for PoE 35. Unique to PoE 35. You'd have a point, but this stuff is locked behind the chest. And it's not random, it's a 1-time get for said chest across your account.

So yeah, Skolas is trash along with Bungies design.

Deku Tree

Obsidian Mind
Glasshouse
The Ram
St-14
MoTTM
St-14
MoTTM
MoTTM
Helm inmost light
Skull of dire akamahara
Insurmountable skull fort
Celestial nighthawk
Helm of inmost light

I think I'm done for now...

I spent 297 motes, I got 12 exotic shards, and two HoW exotic helmets.

Anything good about the Titan exotic helmet?

bosseye

Really enjoying HoW, its re-invigorated my love of Destiny.

Ran the new NF, the only guy in my regular fireteam who already has a Gjallerhorn.....got a second Gjallerhorn. Much emote!

I'm enjoying the PoE too, although I've only done it at level 28 thus far. Got Patience & Time out of the big chest, which was ok I guess. Everything else has been lots of pink legendary weapons....not found any Etheric Light yet though.

EDIT: Balls, top of the page. Pressure to do something worthy! Arrrrgh

Kyne

Woo! more new bees through the vault! :D Nothing like a good Atheon kill, had a nearly full crew of legit first timers with me tonight.

This thread isn't long for this world, is it...

Yeahhhh.

I want to give a huge shout out to Hawkian. Us newbies really appreciate what you're doing for the community. My girlfriend most of all was very impressed with the entire thing. She doesn't have a GAF account so I'm thanking you on her behalf.

Hope to see you in the next newbie raid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom