• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

I like the new hunter cloaks. They look much better with the new wider vendor helmets, and I guess Celestial Nighthawk. I managed to get two different ones. Especially like the little ruffles at the neckline. They are a nice touch.
Those gloves are so ugly, though.
Seems like down the line I'll mainly be rocking old gear upgraded with etheric light, rather than the PoE sets...

I like that the Hunter exotic helm basically combines 3 GG bullets into one and gives you 2x dmg with keyhole perk, it'll probably shoot through the Titan bubble and kill everyone inside.

noomi

Nami and Noomi, if you guys wanna try it tonight I'd be happy to join you with another 35 clear. I just need uh...to ascend something warlocky

Sweet, thanks man. Depends on what my crew gets done tonight, I still have a 34 clear to do.

Either way, I plan on being up pretty late (if my body allows it), what time are you thinking? EST time zone here.

Shito

So many people wanting to run 32 and I'm still at work / still need to finish story mode on my 2 alts! ;___;
I hope some of you guys will still need to run it this week-end, and that everyone won't be only doing ToO... :D

Sweet, thanks man. Depends on what my crew gets done tonight, I still have a 34 clear to do.

Either way, I plan on being up pretty late (if my body allows it), what time are you thinking? EST time zone here.

Ill see if I can up my Warlock to 34 but Im good for any time.

ocean

Banned
Are we ever going to get any good exotic weapons? I don't remember anything good that came out post base game in respect to that. Really that hard to design some decent weapons?
Still feel void Black Hammer would've been a respectable Exotic. That White Nail perk is so special, it's weird to have it be Legendary.

Some of the HoW offerings look interesting. The fusion sniper and Lord shotgun might be proper exotics, can't wait to try them!

Jinjo

I spent north of 150 motes and got pretty much what you wrote there................

This is what I fear what will happen to me too. As soon as I get home from work I'll buy exotic engrams in hopes of getting the new helmets. But this is a dark path one cannot return from and I will spend everything to get them.

nOoblet16

So if I can't hit level 34, should I pass on Trials this weekend?

Or would level 33 Titan with a 365 Vex still be doable?

1 level makes no difference, you don't notice proper difference in Iron Banner until you are 4-5 levels below and the difference then is what used to take two shots to kill will now leave the enemy with a sliver of health instead of killing them. Beside most people who play will be 33 I believe.

What you need in ToO: Bubblebr (or Sunbro), Thorn and a sniper

Kyne

I'm looking forward to how connection based matchmaking will work. Please let my neighbors suck. Pleeeaase.

I feel like ToO is going to be mostly super hardcore teams particularly at 10am Bungie Time today.

This is why I'm waiting until Sunday to start.

Woooo labor day weekend.

Jinjo

Still feel void Black Hammer would've been a respectable Exotic. That White Nail perk is so special, it's weird to have it be Legendary.

Some of the HoW offerings look interesting. The fusion sniper and Lord shotgun might be proper exotics, can't wait to try them!

Exactly. But instead we got No Land Beyond.

We definitely need some more void exotics next time. Maybe when the Vex-themed DLC hits.

Did anyone dismantle Prison of Elders gear yet? You ought to get an etheric light, but you never know with Bungie.¨

Edit: Well, you'll probably get an armor/weapon core.

i've dismantled all PoE reward "queens" legendaries i've gotten, they just give 1 Mote of Light and some weapon parts.
shitty pulse/scout/fusionrifles :D

Deku Tree

It's been said but the Treasure key system is horrible. I get that Bungie wanted to design a system to force more players to stand around in the public spaces for longer but the drop rates on the keys are terribly low.

I got my one key and I'm gonna get my guaranteed drop from level 35 PoE and then after that I'm giving up on going for keys anymore.

Do the exotic bounties drop from the treasure key chest? That would majorly stink...

Jinjo

i've dismantled all PoE legendaries i've gotten, they just give 1 Mote of Light and some weapon parts.

I think he means the Fallen themed guns/armor (not the queen-stuff) you can obtain?

We need someone daring enough to test this. That way I can buy that crappy AR and get an etheric light.

Actually, I might just try this.

Edit: Or maybe someone with a twitter account can tweet Bungie/Deej...

Ken

It's been said but the Treasure key system is horrible. I get that Bungie wanted to design a system to force more players to stand around in the public spaces for longer but the drop rates on the keys are terribly low.

I got my one key and I'm gonna get my guaranteed drop from level 35 PoE and then after that I'm giving up on going for keys anymore.

Do the exotic bounties drop from the treasure key chest? That would majorly stink...

Off the final boss' death I was told.

outsida

So far since HoW has released I've gotten

Weapons:
One/One Synesthete (blue engram from wolf bounties)
Thunderlord (2nd one, PoE level 28)
Plan C (3rd one, Purple engram from the wolf bounties)
Truth (3rd one, PoE level 28)
Universal Remote (90th one, PoE)
Gjallarhorn (4th one, Dropped from Hard Crota)

Armor:
Bones of Eao (Nightfall)
The Ram (Xur engram)
Celestial Nighthawk (Xur engram)
Eternal Warrior (Xur engram)

No keys though
LLShC.gif

RedFury

Those gloves are so ugly, though.
Seems like down the line I'll mainly be rocking old gear upgraded with etheric light, rather than the PoE sets...
Yeah I like the new vanguard sanctioned six, they look pretty sweet. The perks on them are sweet too. As an avid last word user rapid handcannon reload and fast ball for easy tripmine placement is awesome. Will ascend for sure.

Namikaze1

I wish I had recorded our full run. :(

Anyway, here's Cosmo, Sushi, and I successfully beating Skolas: http://youtu.be/5ylP8XnfnQU

And here's us coming so close in our third attempt:
http://youtu.be/gjY4ucoFioY

First attempt, we barely made it out the door when he one shotted all three of us. Second attempt, I found that Servitor, killed the servitor, died and got revived, and lasted for about two minutes before learning the hard way about another mechanic.

lt519

Well after three days of binge playing: 3 characters through all stories, bounties, and lvl 32 PoE and all up to lvl 33.

One character through PoE lvl 34 (took us about an hour and a half to figure it all out). We were struggling in the 4th arena without a bladedancer when all the sudden the game glitched out and enemies wouldn't come out of the doors but the mine still appeared. W/e we'll take it.

Got my Hawkmoon, a nice new fusion rifle, and ZERO KEYS minus the freebies. I know it doesn't matter much, but considering I played for like 20 hours and opened somewhere near 50 chests and didn't see one is just bad design. They should do it like Diablo III where the longer you go without seeing a legendary the more likely one is to drop.

Impala26

Still thinking treasure key drops PER WEEK should be:

~Reward for completion of all 6 Petra Bounties
~Guaranteed drop at first Ether Chest opened
~Xur sells one (max of one) for 15 coins

As someone else suggested, make it so that your chance of getting one goes up after each Ether Chest you open fails to yield one (resets once you get it). Also if they'd be doing this, give a hard cap of 5 or 6 keys you can earn per character per week so you don't give an unfair advantage to those who have the time (and patience, lol) to farm for them endlessly.

As someone else suggested, make it so that your chance of getting one goes up after each Ether Chest you open fails to yield one (resets once you get it). Also if they'd be doing this, give a hard cap of 5 or 6 keys you can earn per character per week so you don't give an unfair advantage to those who have the time (and patience, lol) to farm for them endlessly.

I'm still unclear on what you get in a big chest after your first exotic roll. I know someone must have tried it by now. ;}

Uhhh...10 Exotic Helmet engrams...10 really expensive exotic shards. SMH

Mask of the Third Man
Obsidian Mind
Helm of Inmost Light
Knucklehead Radar
Achlyophage Symbiote
MotTM
OM
Skullfort
AS
Glasshouse

Salt levels are pretty high right now. Sucks that few places even give you a shot at exotic armor.

That sucks, Grim.

To be honest, I know you guys are salty about Xur, but considering I'm stuck up here in Vermont with no PS4, I'm just so happy he didn't sell Gjallarhorn!

Magik

Nice! Glad you guys got it done after I had to go. It looks like the strat was the same when we tried earlier. Did you guys change anything?

Basically it boiled down to the following:

1) 1 player needed to stay by the stairway where the Servitor spawns so that player can aggro Skolas. The key was to get Skolas to constantly shot so that he is slowly walking to reduce the chance of him teleporting, which would allow us to have clear shots at a distance, which was a big issue when you, me, and zewone was trying earlier
2) I don't think the video was able to show it, but at one point, one rocket hit Skolas so hard that it pushed him a few meters back which gave use more breathing room to shot more rockets before he did his teleport up close. That was, in my opinion, the game changer.
3) Once the mine round started zewone, who as at the stairs needed to run straight to the objective and when possible provide some supporting fire while the other two kept shooting.

Shito

That would be 9 guaranteed keys per week: that is *way* too much.
If you guys really want weekly guaranteed keys, I would only give one per character, either on completion of the 6 bounties from Petra, or when opening a PoE small chest for the first time.

lt519

So I've been away from Destiny since December and i just picked up the expansion pass.

I'm so lost with what to get started on. Any tips?

Your focus should be getting to level 32 by getting one exotic armor (maybe from xur) and new legendary gear.

Honestly I'd just start by playing through the house of wolves story content and it'll probably happen naturally. After that if you still aren't 32 you can start collecting vanguard or crucible marks by doing strike playlists or crucible which you can then use to buy any missing gear. After that you are all caught up to us.

Replay raids if you want for their weapons/gear but not required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom