• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

That would be 9 guaranteed keys per week: that is *way* too much.
If you guys really want weekly guaranteed keys, I would only give one per character, either on completion of the 6 bounties from Petra, or when opening a PoE small chest for the first time.

Oops, yeah you're right. In my mind I meant that as like options for the guaranteed key drop(s) not necessarily ALL of them. There should be probably only one or two guaranteed ones if they'll ever make it that way.

Nix the second one, people would be happy I'm sure to have some other value to strange coins. :p

That sucks, Grim.

To be honest, I know you guys are salty about Xur, but considering I'm stuck up here in Vermont with no PS4, I'm just so happy he didn't sell Gjallarhorn!

Oh I'm not bothered by Xur's stock. I didn't think he'd bring the new stuff yet. I'm salty about spending 230 motes of light and only having 10 shards to show for it.

Homeboyd

Need one more for PoE 35. Titan preferred.

PS4: Unknown837

When people look for groups it shouldn't be "Need 1 max lvl Bubble Titan with Weapons of Light, max Weapons including Ghorn and 100 Heavy synths" but simply "Need 1 more guy"

I don't know how you can beat Scolas without at least a single Titan and without at least 2 ghorns. I just don't think it's possible.

Need 1 more for PoE 35. We need a titan.
Titan master class.

LkPr

is it worth it to run lvl 32/34 PoE without a Key? I ran lvl 28 one yesterday and felt uneasy leaving that big loot chest untouched....

Does anyone else think the instant kill/wipe mechanics in this game are annoying and need to go? Like, failing to disarm the bombs, getting to close to a boss, failing to kill oracles etc etc. I get they want to make the content hard, but it just comes off as frustrating and lame mechanics to me. Looking at Skolas as well and the solar burn. I don't think that was meant to make it so you could nuke him with a party of Ghorns so much as to make him able to 1-2 shot you and have a boat load of captains, vandals, and dregs run around and nuke you as well. It just feels like a lot of the ways they design engagements are to hide in corners and hope you don't get destroyed by the waves and waves of enemies that never need to reload, but then go destroy some object smack dab in the middle of said waves and waves of enemies. VoG was a little different in that aspect, but CE and now PoE seem to follow that trend.

lt519

Does anyone else think the instant kill/wipe mechanics in this game are annoying and need to go?

It's becoming like Contra. The difficult end game content is basically a game of hide and seek and it ruins the fun. I was excited for the objectives in PoE but seeing how they just flood the arenas with yellow guys that can one shot kill you makes it a lot less fun. Solution: hide and then send a titan bubble or bladedance to objective and then run back to hide again.

Everyone just naturally puts there backs against a wall, peaks their head around a corner and picks away at the enemies. It's not great game design. I'm still having a blast, the gunplay is good as ever, but the core game design still hasn't changed.

Shito

My rolls on Xur:

Helm of Inmost Light
The Ram!

My problem:
I only have a hunter...
The solution to this problem is simple: create a warlock!
:)

It's becoming like Contra. The difficult end game content is basically a game of hide and seek and it ruins the fun. I was excited for the objectives in PoE but seeing how they just flood the arenas with yellow guys that can one shot kill you makes it a lot less fun. Solution: hide and then send a titan bubble or bladedance to objective and then run back to hide again.

Everyone just naturally puts there backs against a wall, peaks their head around a corner and picks away at the enemies. It's not great game design. I'm still having a blast, the gunplay is good as ever, but the core game design still hasn't changed.
Yeah, that's why I'm not interested in running PoE 34 as a 33, or PoE 35.
I did my first PoE 32 yesterday with some gaffers and I had a blast. It was not particularly challenging, but I had such fun that I can't wait to do it again on my two other characters.
PoE 35 artificial difficulty can kiss my ass, and I'll wait until I reach 34 to try PoE 34... :)

Cleared lvl 35 Prison of Elders last night. Overall, I had a great week running through the new content with some friends and taking on the new challenges. The boss fights were for the most part fun, and i'm looking forward to trying Skolas w/o Solar burn. The ghorn method worked for us, but Solar on the fight just feels cheap - both for us and for the boss. Looking forward to having to pay attention to the mechanics and get a legit kill with no burn at all.

From PoE35 I got the ship, shader, and emblem, and I rolled a crappy Fallen rocket launcher from a Judgement package. (chance to stun Fallen Captains but Void damage?! Really!?!) Decided to try my luck with a second package and got the handcannon with a decent roll.

Impala26

My rolls on Xur:

Helm of Inmost Light
The Ram!

My problem:
I only have a hunter...

The solution to this problem is simple: create a warlock!
:)

I swear to God, the game weights armor drops to any class you DON'T have.
When I was rolling two characters (Titan and Hunter), like 80% of my legendary and exotic armor engrams became Warlock stuff.

It's fine, ranking my Warlock up as we speak. He'll jump like straight from 20 to 27 or so with completely unranked gear, haha.

Basically it boiled down to the following:

1) 1 player needed to stay by the stairway where the Servitor spawns so that player can aggro Skolas. The key was to get Skolas to constantly shot so that he is slowly walking to reduce the chance of him teleporting, which would allow us to have clear shots at a distance, which was a big issue when you, me, and zewone was trying earlier
2) I don't think the video was able to show it, but at one point, one rocket hit Skolas so hard that it pushed him a few meters back which gave use more breathing room to shot more rockets before he did his teleport up close. That was, in my opinion, the game changer.
3) Once the mine round started zewone, who as at the stairs needed to run straight to the objective and when possible provide some supporting fire while the other two kept shooting.
Interesting. It sounds like his positioning and timing on the rockets is key.

Its weird, when I did it earlier in the day with Karitk and Nami we really didn't have much trouble at all. He seemed to get burned down quickly.

I still enjoy it all as well, but I'm tired of hiding in tiny rooms to avoid getting destroyed. I guess it's hard to balance between making the player an unstoppable juggernaut, and having them still have to play conservative from time to time.

Oh I'm not bothered by Xur's stock. I didn't think he'd bring the new stuff yet. I'm salty about spending 230 motes of light and only having 10 shards to show for it.

That sucks. I don't blame you. Especially when people post things like this:
6tpt9n4.jpg

Onikaan

Your focus should be getting to level 32 by getting one exotic armor (maybe from xur) and new legendary gear.

Honestly I'd just start by playing through the house of wolves story content and it'll probably happen naturally. After that if you still aren't 32 you can start collecting vanguard or crucible marks by doing strike playlists or crucible which you can then use to buy any missing gear. After that you are all caught up to us.

Replay raids if you want for their weapons/gear but not required.

Cool, thanks.

I'm 31 already because I had so many crucible marks saved up I managed to buy a couple of pieces of FWC gear. Have the full set now :)

Kyne

It's only three? That's good. I'm only interested in the armor haha.

It's 3 after using all the buffs.

Edit: speaking of which, I'm stuck at work for ToO. When you guys start it can post the specifics of the buffs? Like when/how they can be used.

Midas

The armor cost five. However, you just get the boon that start you off with a free win and also the one that makes one win count as two.

Yeah, got them all already. But it do seem like you need to win the first one to get two. Look at wording used when you hover over the icon at the character screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom