• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

c1rcae

Does anyone want to get a ToO group going - I should be able to crunch out 2 hours or so when it launches =D? Want that chest piece bad...

Had a chance to close in on getting my titan to 34 last night.

Instead? Took him through lvl 34 PoE (drunk as hell I might add), got Etheric Light... and leveled my Fatebringer to 365.

hashbrownwinning.

lt519

Cool, thanks.

I'm 31 already because I had so many crucible marks saved up I managed to buy a couple of pieces of FWC gear. Have the full set now :)

Then dive right into the HoW story, it's actually pretty fun! You can even do PoE level 28 and 32 without problems once you unlock them.

You could jump into TDB stories too, they are short, but if you have them you mine as well play them since a couple have some fun encounters, just don't expect any useful gear from them.

Not rushing through the new content at all... I want to finish PoE 32 3x and 34 at least once. That's all.

Oh, and dip my feet on the Trials and see what I can come up with.

lt519

The solution to this problem is simple: create a warlock!
:)

Yeah, that's why I'm not interested in running PoE 34 as a 33, or PoE 35.
I did my first PoE 32 yesterday with some gaffers and I had a blast. It was not particularly challenging, but I had such fun that I can't wait to do it again on my two other characters.
PoE 35 artificial difficulty can kiss my ass, and I'll wait until I reach 34 to try PoE 34... :)

We did PoE 34 as 33s and I was thinking of doing it again to get another etheric light to get one character to 34 to do the PoE 35. But it honestly wasn't that fun being so under-powered so I think i'll just wait.

Magik

Interesting. It sounds like his positioning and timing on the rockets is key.

Its weird, when I did it earlier in the day with Karitk and Nami we really didn't have much trouble at all. He seemed to get burned down quickly.

I think the key is to minimize the amount of teleporting by having him aggro'd as much as possible and to have a steady stream of rockets that will hopefully stagger him a few times. Those extra few seconds you gain from a single stagger can easily open him up to 3-4 rockets uncontested.

Of course, luck plays a huge factor as well

Impala26

Wow Vanguard dragon can drop HoW legendaries. Great way to try to RNG to 32.

https://twitter.com/littlebigokey/status/601729442537447424

Praise RNGesus!

Last night, from one Dragon Strike, I got a Legendary AR (it was a HoW one but basically a dinky Kinetic Atheon's Epilogue) and I also got a legendary weapon engram.

Decrypted in Hard Light. That's the first exotic I've gotten from a purple engram.

My friend/fireteam member was EXTRA salty about that one.

Praise RNGesus!

Last night, from one Dragon Strike, I got a Legendary AR (it was a HoW one but basically a dinky Kinetic Atheon's Epilogue) and I also got a legendary weapon engram.

Decrypted in Hard Light. That's the first exotic I've gotten from a purple engram.

My friend/fireteam member was EXTRA salty about that one.

I got HL yesterday too from the Big Chest.

BondFancy

So everyone post their ToO Loadouts.

Mine:
Primary: Bad Juju/Thorn/Red Death (Depending on what others are running)
Special: Found Verdict
Heavy: Jolders Hammer

zewone

Nice! Glad you guys got it done after I had to go. It looks like the strat was the same when we tried earlier. Did you guys change anything?

Not really. We did notice that you could keep him at bay for awhile if we staggered our shots a bit and kept him stunned. Also spreading out a bit helped from keeping his attention too focused.
Need 1 more for PoE 34

X_Magik_ox

Grr....I hate having to be at work right now.

Oh I'm not bothered by Xur's stock. I didn't think he'd bring the new stuff yet. I'm salty about spending 230 motes of light and only having 10 shards to show for it.

Sorry man! I know how that goes. The good news is motes are a lot easier to come by now. I feel like I can spend them a lot more freely now than before. If I'm able to finish my work on time, let's take it out in ToO if you don't have a group yet! Then we can get that awesome CHEST HYPE

Either way I'll find out and mention 30 minutes before if I can get my work to work

ocean

Banned
I'm still unclear on what you get in a big chest after your first exotic roll. I know someone must have tried it by now. ;}
Queen's weapons. This is such a non issue, I can't believe people are this upset about the keys. I won't ever farm them but I really don't mind the fact that people with more time with have more loot rolls. That seems fair and doesn't detract from my experience at all.

If there were 5 guaranteed keys per week per character like some people want they'd have to tone down the generosity of the drops.

I'd rather them stay rare. Twice a month maybe I'll get one from turning in Queen's bounties or from a small chest on PoE. During iron banner I'll buy one. It's just a rare bonus. The completionist madness around here makes people feel they need to use keys on every character every week but I just don't feel they're intended to be used that way.

zewone

Queen's weapons. This is such a non issue, I can't believe people are this upset about the keys. I won't ever farm them but I really don't mind the fact that people with more time with have more loot rolls. That seems fair and doesn't detract from my experience at all.

If there were 5 guaranteed keys per week per character like some people want they'd have to tone down the generosity of the drops.

I'd rather them stay rare. Twice a month maybe I'll get one from turning in Queen's bounties or from a small chest on PoE. During iron banner I'll buy one. It's just a rare bonus. The completionist madness around here makes people feel they need to use keys on every character every week but I just don't feel they're intended to be used that way.

The first time you open the chest on a character you get a guaranteed exotic weapon.

I'm not sure if that's once a week or once per character.

Jinjo

This is what I fear what will happen to me too. As soon as I get home from work I'll buy exotic engrams in hopes of getting the new helmets. But this is a dark path one cannot return from and I will spend everything to get them.

The damage: out of motes, out of shards, out of energies, 13 engrams later, got two Eternal Warrior helmets to show for it. The rest (aside from being able to replace a couple of unlevelled ones): nothing.

Those gloves are so ugly, though.
Seems like down the line I'll mainly be rocking old gear upgraded with etheric light, rather than the PoE sets...

Yeah, I'm not too jazzed about the gloves myself. Plus the strength roll on this week's one. Ugh. Almost regret using an armor core on them.

Haybro

lIRtWJj.gif

Looks like I'll be burning through some motes today.

OK I need the ram but moreso nighthawk. I just love the name Celestial Nighthawk (CN) as well. I need need need.

CN also stands for Crota's Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom