• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

lIRtWJj.gif

Looks like I'll be burning through some motes today.

Now I'm even more pissed I didn't get it from decrypting 13 engrams (of which atleast half where Hunter helmets!). To burn my strange coins or not to burn them....

Impala26

The first time you open the chest on a character you get a guaranteed exotic weapon.

I'm not sure if that's once a week or once per character.

Really, REALLY hope it's once per week, otherwise there's going to be a TON of wank about treasure keys (and rightly so).

hydruxo

YES!!!

Just did 3 exotic engrams and got:

1) The Ram
2) Helm of Saint-14 (duplicate)
3) Celestial Nighthawk

Thank you based Master Ives

YES!!!

Just did 3 exotic engrams and got:

1) The Ram
2) Helm of Saint-14 (duplicate)
3) Celestial Nighthawk

Thank you based Master Ives

Wow. If you didn't have saint 14 that literally would have been the equivalent of hitting the destiny lottery. But damn close enough!

Shito

Haha i was going to research the rest of the exotic gear first since I haven't really heard of anything previously. But when I get on later, I think it's gambling time.
I must say though that of all the talks about the new exotics these past days, the quadruple jump for hunters is what I feel I need the most, so I'm still wary of betting it all this week only to see boots engram shows up next week... ^^

Queen's weapons. This is such a non issue, I can't believe people are this upset about the keys. I won't ever farm them but I really don't mind the fact that people with more time with have more loot rolls. That seems fair and doesn't detract from my experience at all.

If there were 5 guaranteed keys per week per character like some people want they'd have to tone down the generosity of the drops.

I'd rather them stay rare. Twice a month maybe I'll get one from turning in Queen's bounties or from a small chest on PoE. During iron banner I'll buy one. It's just a rare bonus. The completionist madness around here makes people feel they need to use keys on every character every week but I just don't feel they're intended to be used that way.

I'm with you 100%!

(I was kidding before about the farmin;})

patchday

It's been said but the Treasure key system is horrible. I get that Bungie wanted to design a system to force more players to stand around in the public spaces for longer but the drop rates on the keys are terribly low.

I got my one key and I'm gonna get my guaranteed drop from level 35 PoE and then after that I'm giving up on going for keys anymore.

Do the exotic bounties drop from the treasure key chest? That would majorly stink...

how do we get Treasure Keys? I got a treasure key when I turned in some bounty once.

Never got one from an ether chest. I've tried like 5 times or so and figured that drop rate must be 10% or less. not worth it for me. But might be a fun grind for those that's into farming that stuff

Shito

how do we get Treasure Keys? I got a treasure key when I turned in some bounty once.

Never got one from an ether chest. I've tried like 5 times or so and figured that drop rate must be 10% or less. not worth it for me. But might be a fun grind for those that's into farming that stuff
It's probably way less than that.
You can get them from those chests, from the small chests at the end of PoE (also rare chance), or from completing a bounty for Petra / a queen's package.
All of those are really rare instances.
The only guaranteed keys you can get are from completing the HoW story on a character.

Holy shit!

I love hunters!
Started playing with a hunter, and it still is my favorite class to this day.
Triple (soon quadruple!) jumps, throwing knives and insane reloading speeds after precision kills is hard to top on my fun factor list. :)

Anyone know what the best scout rifle in the game is?

There is no clear-cut best like there is with rocket launchers.

Top tier would include, in my opinion, VoC, Fang of Ir Yut, Gheleons Demise (IB), Mida, Badger CCL, NiTC, Rapier.

The last three are no longer available as they were part of the vendor set for TDB.

Arrrammis

So everyone post their ToO Loadouts.

Mine:
Primary: Bad Juju/Thorn/Red Death (Depending on what others are running)
Special: Found Verdict
Heavy: Jolders Hammer

Primary: Hawkmoon/red death
Special: Elfrideets spear/ party crasher +1 (max range and shot package)
Heavy: radegasts fury/ Jolders hammer

I must say though that of all the talks about the new exotics these past days, the quadruple jump for hunters is what I feel I need the most, so I'm still wary of betting it all this week only to see boots engram shows up next week... ^^

I would guess boots engram would be last. Just because there are fewer of them. Radiance dance machines and the Titan charge one. Isn't that it until now? Regardless, there's a better chance to get it then when that engram comes out at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom