• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I vividly remember 2 really embarrassing times I rocketed myself in the face.

Protip: don't track a cabal when you're trying to ghorn him in between 2 barriers while standing 5 feet from those barriers. Cabal jumps sideways and boom.

patchday

It's probably way less than that.
You can get them from those chests, from the small chests at the end of PoE (also rare chance), or from completing a bounty for Petra / a queen's package.
All of those are really rare instances.
The only guaranteed keys you can get are from completing the HoW story on a character.

Thank you very much for explaining this!

So everyone post their ToO Loadouts.

Mine:
Primary: Bad Juju/Thorn/Red Death (Depending on what others are running)
Special: Found Verdict
Heavy: Jolders Hammer

The following will be on my character and will switch depending on how I'm playing:

Primary: Thorn/TLW/Red Death
Special: Secret Handshake/Praedyth's
Heavy: Deviant Gravity-A (has Rodeo and maxed stability... might as well be a sniper rifle)

Fucking hell. I've spent who knows how many motes/strange coins/ascendant energy getting exotic engrams and I've gotten jack shit. I'm in too fucking deep now. I need something to show for it.

stb

Having an engram today is good, but it would have been nice to have a purchaseable new exotic today. Also disappointed, but not surprised, that he didn't have key you could buy once per week.

We (Dave_6, Verde, and I) did some more PoE last night.

The 32 (as 32s) was doable, but I didn't enjoy it. We only wiped 2 or 3 times, but it was just too frantic and stressful for me. It felt similar to my first runs in the Abyss. I used my last key on the big chest, and only got the Queen AR (which seems decent, and I got decent rolls on it).

After that, the Level 34 PoE broke us as 3 33s. It was *miserable*. We struggled through the first round (Hive), then quit the second round after the 2nd or 3rd wipe. Not doing THAT again unless there's a pair of 34s that would take pity on me and let me ride their coattails through it or until I'm 34 myself.

I understand that it's end game content, and "needs" to be challenging enough to last until Comet, but hooooly shit. Flooding a restricted space with yellows who have near-perfect aim, seem faster(?), and appear to be "angry" all the time is just too much, especially with the level handicap.

I wish they'd put more effort into challenging but fair encounters (like the new strike), rather than relying on brute force (numbers, overleveled enemies, and yellow bars). Seems lazy.

In other news, I'm now up to 57 blue engrams decoded with my hunter (now level 27) without a purple.

Jinjo

Fucking hell. I've spent who knows how many motes/strange coins/ascendant energy getting exotic engrams and I've gotten jack shit. I'm in too fucking deep now. I need something to show for it.

I was you about half an hour ago. I kept going and only got an Eternal Warrior to show for it. I lost everything. :(

Zoidberg

Maxed out the ACD/O exotic gauntlets for titans. Very average. The aoe damage deals 1/2 a thralls health in nm crotas end and seems to have a 2-3 second cooldown before proccing again. The only thing going for it is the aoe damage does a small knockback.

So I'm guessing the armor core and weapon core stuff will cycle every week? If that's the case then I'll hold on to the E-light in case it changes to chest or boots.

Shito

Anyone know what the best scout rifle in the game is?
I'm a sucker for scout rifles, and I prefer ones with a higher impact: I'd rather have a slower firing weapon that takes one shot to kill than having to shoot 2 or 3 rapid shots.
My favorite one in the game so far is this beast:

TXs1hrZ.png

I can't wait to get it ascended, but I don't think you can get one anymore.
It's also lacking an element, so the "best" ones currently available are probably the raid ones: Vision of Confluence, and Fang of Ir Yut.
I'm strictly speaking from a PVE perspective there.

Bought 20 helmet engrams, about 14 turned into saint 14 and obsidian minds. Got two Celestial Nighthawks, unfortunately I have 0 hunters. Rest were all pre-HOW helms that I sharded as well. Sooo i guess I spent 460 motes for 20 exotic shards :(

Oh well at least converting 2 coins to 1 mote makes it easy.

I think I can try ToO for a bit after I finish PoE 35.

Don't worry if you feel drained after PoE 35. We have until Monday my friend. I will be on and playing later today for sure so we don't have to start at 1pm est. Like I said before I think most people who will hop on ToO at the start are youtubers, pros, and tryhards lol. It will be more enjoyable later on in the day.

Sounds good. Send me a group message or something on PSN since I'll get the notification on my phone.

K if you guys are still down. I'll let you know if I'm running late, I'm just now getting to my dentist.

I was you about half an hour ago. I kept going and only got an Eternal Warrior to show for it. I lost everything. :(

I've gotten fucking three of those Eternal Warrior helmets. And I already had one from a Nightfall drop.

I'm 36 engrams in and I finally got The Ram helmet. All I wanted was Celestial Nighthawk.

I'm considering burning all my ascendant mats/energies for motes to keep gambling. Do they still have any use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom