• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

esjayII

Neo Member
Do you like Hand Cannons?

Do you like playing FPS games without ADS?

Are you jumpy as shit in Crucible?

If you answered yes to 2 out of 3 of these questions, then have I got the product for you.

XD

Yes. Arguably best hand Cannon for PvP, but definitely top tier. Rerolling new legendaries might give it a run for its money especially depending on the map/gametype

could use another weapon for PvP then.

Thank you both :D

phen0m24

Having an engram today is good, but it would have been nice to have a purchaseable new exotic today. Also disappointed, but not surprised, that he didn't have key you could buy once per week.

We (Dave_6, Verde, and I) did some more PoE last night.

The 32 (as 32s) was doable, but I didn't enjoy it. We only wiped 2 or 3 times, but it was just too frantic and stressful for me. It felt similar to my first runs in the Abyss. I used my last key on the big chest, and only got the Queen AR (which seems decent, and I got decent rolls on it).

After that, the Level 34 PoE broke us as 3 33s. It was *miserable*. We struggled through the first round (Hive), then quit the second round after the 2nd or 3rd wipe. Not doing THAT again unless there's a pair of 34s that would take pity on me and let me ride their coattails through it or until I'm 34 myself.

I understand that it's end game content, and "needs" to be challenging enough to last until Comet, but hooooly shit. Flooding a restricted space with yellows who have near-perfect aim, seem faster(?), and appear to be "angry" all the time is just too much, especially with the level handicap.

I wish they'd put more effort into challenging but fair encounters (like the new strike), rather than relying on brute force (numbers, overleveled enemies, and yellow bars). Seems lazy.

In other news, I'm now up to 57 blue engrams decoded with my hunter (now level 27) without a purple.

Stb you should have seen Narmer Nilla and I doing the 34 last night as 3 33's lol. We eventually got it due to
warlock power
sheer determination lol but the burning floor felt cheap, there was much cranky communication with respect to Wizards and yellow bar enemies - but it can be done. Lol with us, barely lol

Tawpgun

Hunter GAF,

What builds are you bringing into ToO? I need some serious help.

For pretty much every round--Go heavy on the inviso perks. Blink Strike Inviso, Crouching, and Super Vanish. Don't touch me's are meh because you put yourself in danger.

I whored inviso HARD for 32 and 34 POE. It basically won us that Arc Hive round. It's just really useful to get away, to dismantle mines, to res people.

However.... for the Urrox round everyone needs to switch to whatever generates the most bubbles. Sunsinger without fireborn, Defender Titan (almost required because going in and out of it countercts Urrox Rage.) Feed your defender orbs. Solar burn is on anyway.

Welp Ives is an asshole, out of 15 rolls he gave me 8 acrylophage symbiotes, 4 skulls of dire akhamara, 1 skullfort, 1 saint 14, and one eternal warrior. That's 1 new helmet from 15 rolls. I'm pretty much done pissing away motes of light on trying to get a new helmet. I mean I've got a good 200 motes left in random assorted mats but it's a self defeating game because my RNG luck sucks.

nOoblet16

So everyone post their ToO Loadouts.

Mine:
Primary: Bad Juju/Thorn/Red Death (Depending on what others are running)
Special: Found Verdict
Heavy: Jolders Hammer

Primary: TLW/Thorn/Red Death (depends on the other team, TLW is first choice always)
Special: Cheesewinter with shot package and hammer forged/ Longbow synthesis (RNG version with 100% stability, unflinching and final round :p)
Heavy: Jolder's Hammer/Radegast Fury

For pretty much every round--Go heavy on the inviso perks. Blink Strike Inviso, Crouching, and Super Vanish. Don't touch me's are meh because you put yourself in danger.

I whored inviso HARD for 32 and 34 POE. It basically won us that Arc Hive round. It's just really useful to get away, to dismantle mines, to res people.

However.... for the Urrox round everyone needs to switch to whatever generates the most bubbles. Sunsinger without fireborn, Defender Titan (almost required because going in and out of it countercts Urrox Rage.) Feed your defender orbs. Solar burn is on anyway.

ToO != PoE

Have enough coins to pick up something from Xur, but nothing he has seems overly exciting other than me not having any exotic armor / main weapon. Wondering if I should just save my coins for the chest or one of the weapons I prefer.

ethomaz

Banned
@Spirit of Jazz are you ready to play?

One spot to PoE 34 right now.

1. ethomaz - Titan
2. GalacticToast - Warlock
3. ?

LiK

Xur should sell 1 key or 1 Etheric Light a week for casual players. Not everyone has multiple alts to fall back on.

7 Insurmountable Skullfort. 6 Light Beyond Nemesis. 4 Apotheosis Veil. 4 Knuclehead Radar. 3 Achlyophage Symbiote. 3 The Mask of Third Man. 3 Obsidian Mind. 3 Eternal Warrior. 2 Skull of Dire Ahamkara. 1 The Ram.

Fuck Xur and his Cryptarch buddies. :(

Alright bought 6 engrams from Xur and got pretty lucky with The Ram and Celestial Nighthawk with Intellect in the first two engrams. After that I rolled a Symbiote, Saint-14, Skull of Dire Ahamkara and Apotheosis Veil.

Oh lawd, someone take my controllers away. After 10 exotic engram fails, I burned through enough shards and coins to get 5 more.

Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Symbiote
Apotheosis Veil
Saint 14
MotTM

Feel like I'm pot committed and need to keep going. Must walk away.

WipedOut

We should play together, because it sounds like you're really good and could carry my sorry ass.

Yeah, he was able to help me get a 34 done last night, Good times, final boss wasn't bad but man is it a bitch with a Hunter to stay off the floor, finally got it down by the end with triple jump.

Alright bought 6 engrams from Xur and got pretty lucky with The Ram and Celestial Nighthawk with Intellect in the first two engrams. After that I rolled a Symbiote, Saint-14, Skull of Dire Ahamkara and Apotheosis Veil.

What were your rolls on both?

Mine -
Nighthawk - 100 Intellect - Not great but at least I got one
Ram - Intellect - 66 Strength 74

Oh lawd, someone take my controllers away. After 10 exotic engram fails, I burned through enough shards and coins to get 5 more.

Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Symbiote
Apotheosis Veil
Saint 14
MotTM

Feel like I'm pot committed and need to keep going. Must walk away.

Walk away dude. I burned all 150+ of my motes and most of my 300 SCs on this shit. Not even 1 DLC drop T_T

stb

Stb you should have seen Narmer Nilla and I doing the 34 last night as 3 33's lol. We eventually got it due to
warlock power
sheer determination lol but the burning floor felt cheap, there was much cranky communication with respect to Wizards and yellow bar enemies - but it can be done. Lol with us, barely lol

We didn't even get to the burning floor thing. That's why I called it when we wiped 3x on the 2nd round. If we couldn't get through it without the additional mechanic, we weren't going to get past that, and I didn't want to sink any more time into it knowing that.

It was kind of depressing, because it made me realize I'm not particularly "good" at the game.

If you're on Xbox we could play sometime

Thanks, but I'm a PS4. Any over-confident PS4 34s need an additional challenge in PoE? I'm the hidden modifier: carrying a terrible 33.

Oh come on stb! Don't give up so easily!

I'm just dejected after 2 months of shit drops and having my ass handed to me in the 34 PoE. I was telling Verde and Dave_6 last night I either need a break or a shot in the arm (some drop I need). It's to the point where I'm expecting failure, crap drops, or both.

spyder_ur

With the buffs, it doesn't feel like it will be that hard to get 5 or 7 wins in ToO. I mean, if you can stack the buffs, you can basically go 3-4 (if I'm doing the math correctly) and still pick up a 42 light piece? Is that correct?

LTWood12

We didn't even get to the burning floor thing. That's why I called it when we wiped 3x on the 2nd round. If we couldn't get through it without the additional mechanic, we weren't going to get past that, and I didn't want to sink any more time into it knowing that.

It was kind of depressing, because it made me realize I'm not particularly "good" at the game.

Oh stop it. It sounds like your heart wasn't really in it from the very beginning. Just need to get your mind right, go in there, and kick some ass. I've played with all of you guys plenty of times and you hold your own as well as anyone else. Sounds like you guys were already a bit burned out going into it.

And wiping 2 or 3 times in round 2 is nothing to be ashamed of.

why_do_we_fall_sir_so_that_we__5cb7e87610dae7ac80f332432e5e3992.gif

stb

Xur should sell 1 key or 1 Etheric Light a week for casual players. Not everyone has multiple alts to fall back on.

This would do *wonders* for keeping people engaged. They need to do something to smooth out the spikey nature of the active users.

Oh stop it. It sounds like your heart wasn't really in it from the very beginning. Just need to get your mind right, go in there, and kick some ass. I've played with all of you guys plenty of times and you hold your own as well as anyone else. Sounds like you guys were already a bit burned out going into it.

And wiping 2 or 3 times in round 2 is nothing to be ashamed of.

why_do_we_fall_sir_so_that_we__5cb7e87610dae7ac80f332432e5e3992.gif

Hah. Thanks for the pep talk.

We absolutely were burned out before starting the 34. We'd farmed chests for about an hour (got no keys), then run the 32. Then farmed another hour (no keys for us, but watched one guy pull a key and a purple engram in one dip, double dip and get a second key out of the same chest). At that point, it was 9:30 and we'd been at it for 3-ish hours. It was more morbid curiosity than actually intending to beat it.

I was just expecting to come out of like "ok, we don't have time tonight, but we could totally tackle this tomorrow in a few hours", not "Oh, wow. We have no business playing this at this level."

HM CE I learned fairly quickly it just wasn't worth playing for me (even at 32) unless I was loading into the DS/Crota CP with a very confident group. The 34 PoE doesn't seem THAT bad, but I strongly suspect I wont be getting the 35 shader/ship until Comet comes out.

spyder_ur

I don't think some people understand the idea of the exotic engrams. You're literally gambling, and there are way more non-HoW exotic helmets in the game than the three (or 2 or 1) HoW pieces you are chasing after. Besides, motes are pretty damn easy to come by at this point.

neoism

So if I can't hit level 34, should I pass on Trials this weekend?

Or would level 33 Titan with a 365 Vex still be doable?

I was a little excited for this today then I realized it's going to be nothing but 3 34s with 3 vexes Titan with bubbles no less :/.......

RetroMG

Good morning, Guardians!

I am back from Southern California, where Walt Disney created a magic kingdom where I could spend three and a half days rediscovering my childhood as well as how incredibly out of shape I am.

Diving into the HoW content now.

spyder_ur

Why are people going to be using Machine Guns in ToO? If it's elimination, wouldn't RLs be much more effective?

I much prefer using MGs in PVP but I'll be using a launcher. I learned my lesson in salvage. I hope heavy ammo drops don't ruin ToO matches like they do salvage ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom